Strong demand for slim, big-screen televisions helped in part by this month's World Cup should lead the global flat-panel TV market to greater than anticipated growth this year, a Samsung Electronics executive said Monday.
PC World Business
Lycos will launch in the third quarter a Web site devoted to high-quality, long-form video like full-length movies and television show episodes, as it advances its strategy of attracting users via broadband entertainment content.
Fujitsu Computer Systems launched an ultralight, 2.2-pound (997 grams) notebook on Tuesday, offering a PC that balances the conflicting demands of businesspeople.
Robots are having a heyday in Germany. While one group has just completed a World Cup championship in Bremen, Germany, another is diligently patrolling Berlin's Olympic Stadium, one of 12 venues hosting the World Cup soccer tournament currently under...
Flash memory chipmaker, Spansion, plans to fight mobile phone viruses and data theft with new security technology it puts right into its chips.
United Microelectronics (UMC), the world's second-largest contract chip maker, is targeting earnings per share far higher than industry analysts estimate, a sign chip sales remain brisk globally.
Microsoft is expected to announce this week two videoconferencing Webcams that simplify online video chat and can create photo blog entries on Microsoft's MSN Spaces community site.
MySpace, the social networking phenomenon that has become one of the world's most popular Web sites, may "auction off" its search business to a major search engine operator, an executive from its parent company, News Corp, said Tuesday.
McAfee is planning enhancements to its recently acquired SiteAdvisor software that will allow the Web-rating application to block inappropriate Web sites, offer safety ratings for online transactions and rate Web links that appear in e-mail and insta...
Japan's Seiko Epson has developed a prototype electronic-paper display that offers the world's highest resolution, the company said Monday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC One (M9) review: The weakest One in the trilogy
- 2 Google Nexus 9 review: The best of Google and HTC
- 3 Subaru WRX Premium CVT review: A wolf in sheep’s clothing
- 4 Oppo R5 review: Among the most innovative of smartphones
- 5 Apple Mac Mini review: A Macintosh that's easy on the wallet
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Lenovo announces executive shake-up as part of major restructure
- Dell's Chromebook 11 breaks reliance on Google's cloud
- HP shrinks full-sized Haswell desktops with new mini PCs
- Core wars redux: Intel to ship 15-core chip
- Nvidia boosts supercomputing speed with Tesla K40 graphics chip
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- FTDigital Communications Specialist | Internet Services| BrisbaneNSW
- CC.Net Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTEmail Campaign Manager - leading fashion group!NSW
- FTMobile Sales managerNSW
- CCSenior Systems EngineerNSW
- FTApplication Support SpecialistNSW
- FT.Net Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTProduct Producer | MobileNSW
- FTCRM Campaign ManagerNSW
- FTSenior SQL DBANSW
- CCSenior Release EngineerNSW
- CCDBA (Oracle/SQL)NSW
- FTAgency Sales Manager - Software Sales - Major Global Tech Company!NSW
- FTDigital Producer - ConsumerNSW
- FTDigital Producer - Mobile AppsNSW
- FTSales Manager - Seller AdvertisingNSW
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- CCMobile iOS DeveloperNSW
- FTMarketing Executive | MusicNSW
- FTMedia Sales Executive - Client Side!!NSW