Following the formation of AUSSAT by the Australian Government in 1981, a government owned company designed to own and operate the national satellite system, Australia’s first two satellites are launched in 1985, providing domestic satellite services, in particular remote & rural TV broadcasting.
Networking & VoIP
Huawei invited journalists to a mobile broadband transmission demonstration to show of its new radio transmission equipment. <br><br> The vendor is particularly excited about its hitless adaptive modulation (AM) technology, which can maintain good quality data or voice transmission even in terrible weather conditions. <br><br> According to Huawei, telcos have been in all week to check its gear out for possible upgrades to existing mobile transmission towers. <br><br> The vendor would not disclose whether it is in discussion with NBN Co to adopt the technology for the National Broadband Network (NBN). <br><br> Huawei has been spruiking its new radio transmission equipment as "future-proof" as it accommodates for mobile standards beyond the pure IP Long Term Evolution (LTE).
Cisco Subnet blogger Scott Hogg names his favorite free open source tools to keep your network humming.
iPhones and other handhelds bought for home use are infiltrating corporate networks, but there's a host of other wireless technologies that comprise a wave of mobile computing that is creating sweeping changes in business infrastructure. How well versed are you in the technical and not-so- technical details? Keep score as you take this brief quiz to find out and then see how well you did at the end.
Last Thursday morning, the National Broadband Network was officially launched in Tasmania by Prime Minister Julia Gillard, Communications Minister Stephen Conroy and Tasmanian Premier David Bartlett.
Cisco gets down to business with its Cius business tablet that will let you perform video conferencing and is optimized for apps such as WebEx Meeting Center.
A visual history of the science and sci-fi of phone calls you can see. (And, no, it didn't start with The Jetsons.)
2010 CTIA Kicks Off
The technology world is flush with businesses that occupy enormous campuses, some of which define the very cities where they reside. But all had humbler accommodations when they started out. This quiz asks you where some of the major tech companies got their start. It's multiple choice, so keep score and see how you stack up at the end.
In the latest protest over Chinese censorship of the Internet, Google is redirecting search requests from within mainland China to its uncensored servers in Hong Kong. This directly defies rules China set up to let Google operate there, but now China itself seems to be censoring the results. Reports say requests for terms such as Falun Gong and June 4 (the date of the Tiananmen Square massacre) return browser messages that requested pages cannot be displayed. Despite the government crackdown there are ways to get around the Great Firewall, and here is a rundown of a few of them.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 3 Tech21 Evo Xplorer iPhone case review
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- HP begins selling its Jet Fusion 3D printer; says it's 50% cheaper, 10X faster than others
- Are you ready for the enterprise wearables boom?
- IBM makes quantum computing available in the cloud
- What Apple's first down quarter in 13 years really means
- A new AMD licensing deal could create more x86 rivals for Intel
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTApplications Support / Systems Administrator | DefenceACT
- CCETL DeveloperACT
- FTContracts ManagerVIC
- CCSolutions Architect - Office 365/Sharepoint/Project OnlineQLD
- CCIT Assistant (Infrastructure/PC LAN Support) 160825/ITA/864Asia
- CCInfra & Application Specialist/ Devops SpecialistNSW
- CCQuality AnalystNSW
- CCWindows EngineerVIC
- CCAgile Business AnalystNSW
- CCMessaging Services Systems AdministratorACT
- CCSolution Designer - Windows UpgradeNSW
- FTUNIX, LINUX , VM System AdministrationNSW
- CCEmail Production SpecialistNSW
- CCFunctional & System Integration Test AnalystACT
- FTFull Stack Application Developer - IoT projectsVIC
- CCJava DeveloperACT
- CCSenior Integration Specialist - IP NetworkVIC
- CCData Analyst - multiples roles - EAM experience requiredNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - GeneralVIC
- FTIT Infrastructure EngineerSA
- CCMS Access DeveloperNSW
- CCWeb Content SpecialistNSW
- CCFinance Stream Consultant (SAP FICO & Procurement Streams)NSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - Contact CentresNSW
- CCData Migration SpecialistSA