Virgin Mobile Australia has launched Virgin Broadband, a broadband Internet package which it says is geared for the average household.
Networking & VoIP
A maker of software that simplifies getting onto public Wi-Fi hotspots is now tackling the complexity of using the network in your own home or at a friend's house.
Australia's leading broadband providers Telstra, Optus and iiNet all deny limiting P2P traffic within their networks in order to increase network speeds and save costs. This comes despite a recent admission from Westnet, along with several other ISPs...
Telstra has launched its first branded business centre in the Sydney suburb of Parramatta in a bid to better service SMB customers.
ISP Dodo Australia is offering "free" ADSL2+ connections coupled with a complimentary 150MB of download data per month when customers sign up for a Dodo telephone service. That is of course if customers are willing to fork out 18 cents for each megab...
There has been a mixed response to the federal government's $1.9 billion broadband plan for Australia with one IP carrier claiming it raises more questions than answers.
National ICT minister Helen Coonan today launched the $1.9 billion Australia Connected infrastructure initiative to roll-out ADSL 2+ and WiMAX to 99 percent of Australia by 2009.
The debate is still on about why Apple decided to develop a version of its Safari browser for Windows.
In the days leading up to the availability of Apple's iPhone, potentially competitive mobile music services, including one from Gracenote, are hitting the market.
ISP and telephony provider Netspace has inked an exclusive distribution deal with Netgear to supply ADSL/ADSL2/2+ modems for its consumer market.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- HP begins selling its Jet Fusion 3D printer; says it's 50% cheaper, 10X faster than others
- Are you ready for the enterprise wearables boom?
- IBM makes quantum computing available in the cloud
- What Apple's first down quarter in 13 years really means
- A new AMD licensing deal could create more x86 rivals for Intel
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CC.Net DeveloperACT
- CCPortfolio AnalystVIC
- CCDesktop Engineer (SCCM/SOE)WA
- CCSenior Business Systems AnalystVIC
- CCData Entry - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCSolution DesignerNSW
- CCDevOps EngineerVIC
- CCPre-Sales Consulting Business AnalystVIC
- FTProject Coordinator- NSW Government - reform BackgroundNSW
- CCBusiness Intelligence Developer - Initial 3mth ContractVIC
- CCOracle Apex DeveloperWA
- FTService Desk Team LeadNSW
- CCSales Support Associate - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCVendor ManagerVIC
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- CCTest AnalystACT
- CCDigital Project Manager, AgileNSW
- FTDatabase DeveloperACT
- CCMiddleware ConsultantVIC
- CCSenior Agile Java/Spring/AngularJS EngineerNSW
- FTFull Stack DeveloperNSW
- FTJava DeveloperVIC
- FTBusiness Intelligence - Policy and Governance ManagerNSW
- FT1st Level IT Support - Microsoft EnvironmentNSW