As expected the IEEE has ratified a new Ethernet specification -- IEEE P802.3bz – that defines 2.5GBASE-T and 5GBASE-T, boosting the current top end speed of traditional Ethernet five-times without requiring the tearing out of current cabling.
Networking & VoIP
LinkedIn wants to help people get a job and advance their careers by incorporating its services into their mobile email.
For consumers looking forward to 5G mobile technology for super-high speed, network giant Ericsson says there will be more to it than that -- and less.
One of the major obstacles for delivering faster Internet to the home is the sheer amount of work and money it takes to lay the cable. Now, researchers are coming up with a workaround that transmits the data wirelessly.
Google will feature users in advertisements that run on its suite of websites when those users recommend products or stores.
Cisco Systems has released security patches for authentication bypass, command execution and denial-of-service vulnerabilities affecting products that use its Adaptive Security Appliance (ASA) software, as well as the Cisco Catalyst 6500 series switc...
IBM will invest US$1 billion to promote Linux development over the next five years as it tries to adapt Power mainframes and servers to handle cloud and big data applications in distributed computing environments.
Yahoo has redesigned its Sports, Movies, Music, TV, omg, Games and Weather sites with a more consistent look and some personalized tools, the company said Tuesday.
The diversified range of new products being built and provided by Google now make the company accountable for nearly 25 percent of all Internet traffic, up from a mere 6 percent just three years ago, according to a new study.
Outsourcer Accenture has reported an increase in global sales and operating profits for the third quarter, but sales in the EMEA region were slightly down.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft restores database app to Office 365 for small biz
- Hands-on: Microsoft Teams brings the best and worst of Office to team-building
- Gartner: A.I. to become a top business investment priority
- White House: A.I. will be critical driver of U.S. economy
- Google rebrands cloud services 'Google Cloud' and 'G Suite'
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- FTJava DeveloperSA
- CCMicrosoft Systems EngineerVIC
- CCSenior Full-stack .Net DeveloperNSW
- FTSDLC CoordinatorACT
- TPBusiness/Data AnalystQLD
- FTTechnical Consultant MS Dynamics AXNSW
- CCSecurity AnalystACT
- FTTechnical Account ManagerNSW
- TPSenior Business Analyst - Risk & ComplianceNSW
- TPSolution ArchitectVIC
- TPTechnical Business AnalystVIC
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- FTApplication Developer - FileNetWA
- CCJunior Business AnalystNSW
- FT.NET CMS DeveloperWA
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- TPDrupal Developer - Immediate startQLD
- CCNetwork Architect / Lead Network EngineerACT
- FTSystems AnalystSA
- FTLevel 2 Help Desk SupportQLD
- FTIT Procurement AdvisorQLD
- CCTest Specialist - NetworkVIC