Marc Lefevre is the up-to-date, real-life equivalent of the "Can you hear me now?" guy from the Verizon Wireless TV ads that grew popular in 2004.
Networking & VoIP
As the Internet hits 40 this week, it's not difficult to look back and see the changes it's brought to the world.
In honor of the 802.11n WiFi standard getting close to arriving after wandering through the desert for 40 years, let's look at wireless. Our focus today is on helping you WiFi better, even if it means doing less WiFi.
Managing storage technology is an oxymoron these days. It seems like the more tools you add to manage your increasingly complex environment, the more convoluted the environment becomes. Nirvana is within sight, but your budget prevents you from getti...
Yes, people do still make telephone calls. They probably shouldn't, but they do. Here are five rules--some new and some of long standing--for dealing with the perils of voicemail.
Technology vendors have often been on the cutting-edge of technology innovation, but the same can't always be said of their design. Manufacturers have more often been concerned about what's inside the box, devoting less time and resources to the look...
Last week, I wrote about the possible implications of the new lineup of FCC commissioners. They certainly haven't wasted any time: On Aug. 3, the FCC launched a full-scale investigation into the decision by Apple and AT&T to reject Google's voice...
In the tech world, the inventor, originator or driving force behind a new product or technology is typically dubbed "father of the _______".
Big Brother is a little late in arriving, having been expected by 1984 at the latest. But he has shown his face twice recently in the world of mobile technology: First, in the mass removal from Amazon Kindles of George Orwell's 1984 (oh, sweet irony)...
Attackers seeking to do harm or mischief to networks work with an ever expanding arsenal of tools that sometimes seem to be the stuff of spy fiction, but they are all too real.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- How Trump will attack the FCC's net neutrality rules
- PayPal lets you send and request money using Siri in iOS 10
- Microsoft restores database app to Office 365 for small biz
- Apple takes more than 100 percent of smartphone profits after Samsung's Galaxy recall
- Hands-on: Microsoft Teams brings the best and worst of Office to team-building
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTMid Level .Net DeveloperNSW
- CCWindows System EngineerNSW
- TPProcess Business AnalystVIC
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- FTHead of User ResearchNSW
- FTProduct Manager - TV and MediaVIC
- CCDesktop Support EngineerNSW
- FTAnalyst Programmer Investment BankingVIC
- CCBusiness and Reporting AnalystWA
- CCTechnical WriterACT
- FTTraining & Implementation Manager, PlatformNSW
- FTOperations Support Analyst (Business Process Improvement) Perm North SydneyNSW
- FTServicing Financial Planner - CBDNSW
- CCSolution Designer - MulesoftVIC
- TPSolution Architect | HRISQLD
- CCWeb Developer - Financial MarketsNSW
- CCEOI - TIBCO DeveloperSA
- TPBusiness Analyst | HealthQLD
- CCTest Lead : Perth BasedQLD
- CCSenior Performance Test AnalystOther
- CCBusiness Analyst - Reporting, Excel and AutoCAD experienceNSW
- FTService Desk Analyst / Security EngineerQLD
- FTSenior Java DeveloperNSW
- TPSenior Business Analyst - HRISQLD
- FTMotor Claims ConsultantNSW