We've been watching the romance develop between OCS (Office Communications Server 2007) and Exchange Server 2007 since OCS became available in beta earlier this year. When OCS finally came of age last month, we brought the mature couple together for ...
Networking & VoIP
Remember the old philosophical puzzler: If a tree falls down in a forest and nobody is there to hear it, are we sure it made a sound? With Tuesday's launch of Office Communications Server 2007, Microsoft is trying to render centuries of existential d...
Last month's WiMax World 2007 conference in Chicago was filled with old-fashioned technology optimism, featuring twice as many vendors and visitors as the previous year's event along with new details of Sprint Nextel's nationwide Xohm WiMax rollout a...
The concrete and plaster in his Rathdrum, Idaho, house blocks Wi-Fi signals. But computer consultant Marc Schoenberg found a way to network the six devices in his house without stringing Ethernet cables: He uses powerline adapters.
Quick, what's the most influential piece of hardware from the early days of computing? The IBM 360 mainframe? The DEC PDP-1 minicomputer? Maybe earlier computers such as Binac, ENIAC or Univac? Or, going way back to the 1800s, is it the Babbage Diffe...
Network-based intrusion-detection systems (IDS) are an integral component of a layered IT security strategy. As October is National Cyber Awareness Month, if your overall security system doesn't include network-based intrusion detection, now is an ex...
Bad guys don't target just big, corporate networks. If you have a Wi-Fi network at home or in a small office, intruders may be after you, such as casual "war drivers" who troll city streets, looking for unprotected wireless networks.
High-tech consumer products and services of all kinds are making their way into the workplace. They include everything from smart phones, voice-over-IP systems and flash memory sticks to virtual online worlds. And as people grow more accustomed to ha...
Everyone has an idea on how to roll out the national broadband scheme, but who's promising what?
The war between Telstra and the Australian Competition and Communications Commission (ACCC) has escalated and there's still no solid vision of a high-speed Australian broadband network or pricing plan.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Do Apple’s financial results mark the end of the golden smartphone era?
- YouTube's Content ID program finally provides for ad revenue during disputes
- What Apple's first down quarter in 13 years really means
- Smartphone shipments dip as iPhone ‘fatigue’ sets in and China reaches saturation
- Facebook proposal will keep Mark Zuckerberg in control for many years to come
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCL3 - Network Design and Support EngineerNSW
- FTWeb DeveloperSA
- CC.NET Developer (Application production Support)NSW
- FTSenior Enterprise Architect, Financial ServicesAsia
- CCSenior Agile Business AnalystVIC
- FTOIM Specialist- Oracle Identity and Access Management 11Gr2NSW
- CCSCCM - SCOM - AD Systems EngineerNSW
- CCHi-Portfolio ConsultantNSW
- CCSenior Automation Tester - MicroservicesNSW
- FTSenior DBA / Team LeadVIC
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Prince2 & PMBoK shop | Huge project pipelineACT
- CCMicrosoft Server EngineerWA
- CCUAT Test AnalystWA
- FTInfrastructure Project ManagerACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle/Unix) 160509/AP/395Asia
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCInteraction & Visual - Web DesignerNSW
- CCBusiness Project ManagerAsia
- FTSolution Delivery Manager ( RTTM)NSW
- CCITIL Environment, Configuration, Release Manager- Banking/GovtNSW
- FTData AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Application SpecialistACT
- FTSystem testersACT
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- CCBusiness AnalystACT