Yahoo's Flickr unit reported yesterday that the latest update to the photo sharing Web site went live with 9 changes made by three of its developers. The "deployment" was the 36th new release in a week where 627 changes were made by 21 developers.
Networking & VoIP
Different approaches to wireless Internet access in San Francisco and neighboring Silicon Valley are producing very different results, with one project springing up around the city and the other inching through regulatory procedures.
Field Day lets ham radio operators prep for disaster.
It's no secret that enterprises are wild about mobility - just check soaring sales of smartphones and laptops.
Normally, in a time of crisis, an "amateur" is not the first person you might call. But when communications networks go down, amateur radio operators -- or hams -- and their gear can get communities connected to the outside world via the radio waves.
The federal government published this week submissions it had invited from industry players, public interest groups and concerned individuals on regulatory issues associated with the National Broadband Network process. The government received no less...
If there is any doubt to the power of social media, social networking and social software, then nonbelievers may need to Think New Orleans.
Though sometimes it's hard to pin down exactly who deserves the credit — or blame — here's a shot a some of the more familiar terms.
Like most people visiting this site, you most likely live on the Internet. And that means you need help -- help with your home or business network for accessing the Internet, help with troubleshooting, help with downloading, and with e-mail, instant ...
Faster and farther-reaching networking are just a couple of the advantages of an 802.11 draft-n based wireless network, so if you're in the market for a new wireless router, you should ensure that you get one that's capable of running the latest stan...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Gboard 6.1 beta refines voice input, GIF search
- Google app beta indicates Goggles-like Visual Search may be on the horizon
- Google makes it easier to summon Assistant in Allo, adds in-app GIF searching
- Microsoft moves Cortana and Bing into Microsoft Research to accelerate new features
- Yahoo uncovered breach after probing a black market sale
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSenior Solutions Architect - Network & Unified ComunicationsACT
- CCBusiness Analysts - Benefits RealisationACT
- FTSenior Infrastructure Business AnalystVIC
- FTTechnical SpecialistACT
- CCSenior Full-Stack Developer (Digital Transformation Project)QLD
- FTBusiness Analyst- Process (Banking or Insurance or Gov backg)NSW
- FTTechnical WriterACT
- CCSOE Business AnalystACT
- TP.Net DeveloperVIC
- FTProject Manager, Asset Vision- SaaS, PaaS- Gov backgroundNSW
- CCTechnical Business Analyst - Infrastructure - VirtualizationNSW
- FTMarket Data Analyst, Investment BankingNSW
- FTFull Stack .NET DeveloperWA
- FTCRM Technical Specialist (Oracle Eloqua)SA
- CCSystems Engineer (Netapp/Windows)NSW
- CCSenior Project OfficerNSW
- FTPHP / WordPress DeveloperQLD
- CCTelecommunication Business SpecialistVIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- TPService Desk AnalystVIC
- FTProduct Manager - IoTNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - PegaNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Cyber Security EnvironmentACT
- FTSharepoint Support AnalystVIC
- FTSalesforce ConsultantQLD