Bob Metcalfe, Dave Boggs and the rest of the scientists at Xerox Palo Alto Research Center in 1973 were a lot like young developers at a Silicon Valley startup today.
Networking & VoIP
If you aren't intimately familiar with Software Defined Networking, don't fret. Only 10% of 450 IT practitioners at a recent Network World event raised their hands when asked if they understand SDN. But if the emerging technology lives up to its prom...
What of the oft-mentioned northbound APIs that will let applications tell the controller what they need from the network? What kind of progress is the Open Networking Foundation making on that front? Network World Editor in Chief John Dix put the que...
Major Websites are to test Internet Protocol version 6 (IPv6) by participating in World IPv6 Day, scheduled for June 8. Google, Facebook, and Yahoo, among others, have agreed to ensure that IPv6 entrances to their sites will be available, along wi...
Following the formation of AUSSAT by the Australian Government in 1981, a government owned company designed to own and operate the national satellite system, Australia’s first two satellites are launched in 1985, providing domestic satellite services...
As technology evolves, many of the barriers that have traditionally limited telecommuting continue to disappear.
Prior to CES, there were only a handful of phones with front-facing cameras: the iPhone 4, the EVO 4G and the T-Mobile myTouch 4G to name a few. This year's CES was all about 4G, for sure, but video chat is definitely one of the apps carriers love to...
Home is where the network is: That's the mantra of networking vendors at the Consumer Electronics Show 2011 in Las Vegas this week.
Anyone who's attended tech conventions over the past five years has heard plenty about 4G wireless networks, but this year the hype has become a reality.
This end-of-year article is a looking forward one -- looking forward to a year in which the Internet will be under a multi-pronged attack that threatens to change it irrevocably in ways that may destroy much of the Internet's potential.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 3 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
- 5 Parrot Mambo Drone review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- How Trump will attack the FCC's net neutrality rules
- PayPal lets you send and request money using Siri in iOS 10
- Microsoft restores database app to Office 365 for small biz
- Apple takes more than 100 percent of smartphone profits after Samsung's Galaxy recall
- Hands-on: Microsoft Teams brings the best and worst of Office to team-building
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCSenior Automation TesterNSW
- CCExchange EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Digital DesignerVIC
- FTBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCAPI DeveloperOther
- CCHadoop Developer - Big DataNSW
- FTHead - Project Delivery / Project Delivery DirectorACT
- CCNetwork EngineerNSW
- TPPrincipal Project ManagerQLD
- FTIT Software Asset Management CoordinatorWA
- FTTechnology Portfolio - Investment AnalystACT
- CCGIS ConsultantQLD
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Analyst ProgrammerNSW
- CCTest Lead : Perth BasedSA
- CCSecurity Consultant (Perth CBD based)VIC
- CCIteration Manager - DigitalNSW
- CCSAP PM/ MRS ConsultantVIC
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperVIC
- CCProduct Manager - Life Insurance (Fixed-Term)VIC
- CCData Scientist (Big Data)VIC
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkQLD
- TPFront End DeveloperNSW
- FTBusiness AnalystACT
- FTTechnical Customer SupportQLD