RIM has recently announced the launch of the first BlackBerry Flip handset, the Pearl 8220
Mobility & Wireless
Late last year, Google announced that it would give US$10 million worth in prizes to software development companies to develop innovative and useful applications for their open source mobile Android platform.
Six common complaints about the iPhone 3G including dropped calls, slow data and MobileMe follies
In this slideshow, we'll examine the very worst fictional characters that marketing departments have unleashed on the general public over the years, ranging from smarmy wireless salesmen to dotcom-promoting sock puppets to annoying graphics of paperclips that SIMPLY REFUSE TO GO AWAY not matter what you do.
With the growing popularity of Apple's iPhone, Research In Motion (RIM)'s BlackBerry and other smartphones, it's no surprise that third-party vendors are jumping on the accessory train like geeks on Star Wars marathons.
Forget the tie, here's what Dad really wants!
Palm has recently launched the Treo Pro, a smartphone that is set to compete head to head with the Apple iPhone 3G.
While Web-based music offerings from Apple (iTunes) and others have made it easy to turn a laptop or desktop into a music player, what if you want to listen without dragging around your PC? Enter the stand-alone Internet radio, which looks like a radio and has an antenna, but connects via Wi-Fi to the Internet and streams audio to speakers. We recently tried out five such devices. Check the slides to see what we thought.
The iPhone phenomenon is well and truly in force since the launch of the iPhone 3G in Australia last month. With this in mind, competitors are clamouring for a piece of the pie and are set to begin launching potential 'iPhone killers' in a bid to derail the Apple machine.
At 10in, the MSI Wind is perhaps the perfect low-cost ultraportable laptop on the market. It possesses good speed for Web browsing and office applications and plenty of storage, and it's very comfortable to use. Because we're naturally curious about the way these types of laptops are put together, we opened the Wind and took a peek inside. The biggest surprise was the 2.5in SATA hard drive, which takes up the majority of the space.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 3 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
- 5 Parrot Mambo Drone review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- IBM targets x86 server territory with new Power servers
- Toshiba's new SSD line features rock-bottom pricing
- Planned new USB connector will fit both ways
- Toshiba offers to buy failed SSD maker OCZ
- Hitachi GST turns to helium to make hard disk drives more efficient
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTTechnical Writer - HealthcareVIC
- FTSite Acquisition ManagerSA
- FTEnterprise Architect - InformationQLD
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- TPNetwork AdministratorWA
- CCMainframe Developer (with ASP.NET)VIC
- CCAPI DeveloperVIC
- CCActive Directory EngineerNSW
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC
- FTDevelopment Manager / Engineering Manager - Canberra RoleACT
- CCElectronic Medications Management Solution ArchitectQLD
- FTTelecom Riggers and TechniciansNSW
- CCCloud Automation Engineer. Work Location - CanberraVIC
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- CCEnterprise Solution ArchitectNSW
- TPBusiness Systems AnalystQLD
- CCAutomation TesterNSW
- CCApplication Specialist (Cerner)QLD
- FTSalesforce Solutions Architect/DeveloperNSW
- FTUX Design LeadNSW
- CCSAP HR Functional ConsultantQLD
- FTHadoop DeveloperSA
- FTRegional Customer Relations Manager - APACQLD
- FTSenior Consultant/ArchitectNSW
- TPSenior Business Analyst - HRISQLD