RIM has recently announced the launch of the first BlackBerry Flip handset, the Pearl 8220
Mobility & Wireless
Late last year, Google announced that it would give US$10 million worth in prizes to software development companies to develop innovative and useful applications for their open source mobile Android platform.
Six common complaints about the iPhone 3G including dropped calls, slow data and MobileMe follies
In this slideshow, we'll examine the very worst fictional characters that marketing departments have unleashed on the general public over the years, ranging from smarmy wireless salesmen to dotcom-promoting sock puppets to annoying graphics of paperclips that SIMPLY REFUSE TO GO AWAY not matter what you do.
With the growing popularity of Apple's iPhone, Research In Motion (RIM)'s BlackBerry and other smartphones, it's no surprise that third-party vendors are jumping on the accessory train like geeks on Star Wars marathons.
Forget the tie, here's what Dad really wants!
Palm has recently launched the Treo Pro, a smartphone that is set to compete head to head with the Apple iPhone 3G.
While Web-based music offerings from Apple (iTunes) and others have made it easy to turn a laptop or desktop into a music player, what if you want to listen without dragging around your PC? Enter the stand-alone Internet radio, which looks like a radio and has an antenna, but connects via Wi-Fi to the Internet and streams audio to speakers. We recently tried out five such devices. Check the slides to see what we thought.
The iPhone phenomenon is well and truly in force since the launch of the iPhone 3G in Australia last month. With this in mind, competitors are clamouring for a piece of the pie and are set to begin launching potential 'iPhone killers' in a bid to derail the Apple machine.
At 10in, the MSI Wind is perhaps the perfect low-cost ultraportable laptop on the market. It possesses good speed for Web browsing and office applications and plenty of storage, and it's very comfortable to use. Because we're naturally curious about the way these types of laptops are put together, we opened the Wind and took a peek inside. The biggest surprise was the 2.5in SATA hard drive, which takes up the majority of the space.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- More Dick Smith staff go as $2 million in underpayments is discovered
- Tablet shipments down, but detachables catch on
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
- Microsoft beefs up its Surface Book and Surface Pro 4
- CES 2016: Top 10 trends
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCDigital ProducerNSW
- FTC# .Net DeveloperSA
- CCOperations AnalystNSW
- CCMaster SchedulerVIC
- CCiOS Developer - New AppNSW
- CCService Delivery Manager - Infrastructure/ApplicationsNSW
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | $60-90K package | Northern BeachesNSW
- CCImmediate iOS Developer RequiredNSW
- FTTechnical WriterNSW
- CCOracle Business AnalystSA
- FTInsight / Customer / modelling - Analyst (Data Scientist)NSW
- CCSSIS/ SSRS ExpertVIC
- FTJunior Project Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- FTJava Web Development OpportunityVIC
- CCiOS DeveloperNSW
- FTNetwork EngineerSA
- FTSecurity ArchitectWA
- CCSenior Business Analyst - IT SecurityNSW
- CCSenior Change Analyst - Multiple RolesVIC
- CCProgram Master SchedulerNSW
- CCRisk AnalystVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCSystem TesterQLD
- CCAD and FIM EngineerNSW