A security update for Apple's iPhone does more than just fix critical flaws in the handset. It also looks for and wipes out any modifications that users make to the firmware on their phones, according to hackers looking to unlock the phone.
Mobility & Wireless
Officials in New York state asked Apple on Monday to change its iPhone design to allow consumers to replace their own batteries, just days after lawyers in Illinois filed a class-action lawsuit over the same complaint.
Virgin Mobile Australia has launched Virgin Broadband, a broadband Internet package which it says is geared for the average household.
Femtocells, an emerging technology for improving cellular coverage in homes and enterprises, have attracted the interest of none other than Google.
The working group for the emerging IEEE 802.20 mobile broadband standard, which was suspended last year after a fight over members' real company affiliations, has changed its voting rules.
Google is developing a new search tool for cell phones that will allow users to find and purchase mobile content, including ring tones and games, according to a published report.
Telstra has announced it will cease offering i-mode mobile services on December 10 this year in an effort to push more subscribers to its Next G network.
Microsoft Research workers showed off some of their projects, including several that find new uses for mobile phones, on Monday at a summit in Redmond, Washington.
Still basking in the glow of its overly hyped iPhone launch, Apple plans to launch a cheaper version of much-sought after devices in the fourth quarter.
A company that unlocks cell phones in Europe said it is close to having an application that will allow customers to unlock their Apple iPhones so they can use SIM cards from carriers other than AT&T Inc. to activate the phones.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- LinkedIn aims to make email more professional, with LinkedIn Intro
- 5G will have to do more than send speed up your phone, Ericsson says
- Wireless world record: Researchers transfer data at 100Gbps through the air
- Google to feature user recommendations in ads
- Cisco patches vulnerabilities in some security appliances, switches and routers
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCOperations Systems Support ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - NV1VIC
- CCSkilled Sitecore / .NET DeveloperNSW
- FTJunior Web Developer | CBD | Digital AgencyVIC
- FTAX Lead Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCDeployment Engineer / IT AuditorQLD
- CCProgram Business AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCIteration Manager/Agile Project ManagerNSW
- CCData Engineer | Real Time StreamingNSW
- FTNetwork Engineer- LinuxWA
- FTBusiness Systems Architect - Technical LeadershipWA
- CCBPM / Java DeveloperNSW
- CCOracle Siebel Administrator - JULY STARTACT
- FTAX Lead Technical ConsultantNSW
- CCExcel DeveloperVIC
- CCChange Manager- ProcurementNSW
- FTLinux System EngineersNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Systems AnalystSA
- CCSenior Network Engineer - NV1ACT
- CCSAP Hanna ConsultantNSW
- CCAWS Developer/LeadNSW
- CCContract Computer Operator (UNIX/Windows-based) 1610524/CCO/vmtAsia
- CCTechnical Digital Producer / Requirements EngineerNSW