A security update for Apple's iPhone does more than just fix critical flaws in the handset. It also looks for and wipes out any modifications that users make to the firmware on their phones, according to hackers looking to unlock the phone.
Mobility & Wireless
Officials in New York state asked Apple on Monday to change its iPhone design to allow consumers to replace their own batteries, just days after lawyers in Illinois filed a class-action lawsuit over the same complaint.
Virgin Mobile Australia has launched Virgin Broadband, a broadband Internet package which it says is geared for the average household.
Femtocells, an emerging technology for improving cellular coverage in homes and enterprises, have attracted the interest of none other than Google.
The working group for the emerging IEEE 802.20 mobile broadband standard, which was suspended last year after a fight over members' real company affiliations, has changed its voting rules.
Google is developing a new search tool for cell phones that will allow users to find and purchase mobile content, including ring tones and games, according to a published report.
Telstra has announced it will cease offering i-mode mobile services on December 10 this year in an effort to push more subscribers to its Next G network.
Microsoft Research workers showed off some of their projects, including several that find new uses for mobile phones, on Monday at a summit in Redmond, Washington.
Still basking in the glow of its overly hyped iPhone launch, Apple plans to launch a cheaper version of much-sought after devices in the fourth quarter.
A company that unlocks cell phones in Europe said it is close to having an application that will allow customers to unlock their Apple iPhones so they can use SIM cards from carriers other than AT&T Inc. to activate the phones.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Tech21 Evo Xplorer iPhone case review
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Facebook to begin testing its Internet drone this year
- Tablet shipments down, but detachables catch on
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
- Vodafone puts idle smartphones to work to fight cancer
- Optus switches on 4G in 40 regional areas
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Loutus Notes) 160815/SA/102Asia
- CCNetwork Engineer - TelecomVIC
- FTIT Manager - Infrastructure Strategy and OperationsNSW
- FTIT Security & Risk ManagerNSW
- FTCapacity PlannerNSW
- CCJava / J2ee ProgrammersACT
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Crystal Report/JAVA) 160816/AP/vhsAsia
- FTSenior IoT / M2M .Net DeveloperVIC
- FTData AnalystsWA
- CCSr. Project Manager- Infrastructure- Data Centre,VirtualizationNSW
- CCSenior Solution ArchitectACT
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE) 160901/P/601Asia
- CCFront End DeveloperNSW
- FTNational ICT Senior Technical Support EngineerACT
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/XML) 160818/P/872Asia
- FTSAP FI/CO module- Tester/ Quality AnalystNSW
- CCPortfolio Delivery ManagerACT
- CCFinance Analyst (Junior)VIC
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC
- CCWeb Content SpecialistNSW
- CCSolution Architect - Data MigrationVIC
- CCICT Contracts ManagerSA
- CCSharePoint DeveloperACT
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net DeveloperVIC