Labor's Fibre-to-the-Node (FttN) broadband plans have been jeopardized by a federal government move to lock down the $2 billion Communications Fund, which was set to be financial backbone of the opposition's network.
Mobility & Wireless
Microsoft's in-car technology is getting a boost via a deal with a large supplier of automotive electronics. Germany's Siemens VDO Automotive has agreed to collaborate with it on a next-generation communication and entertainment system.
Imagine a wireless network that could achieve bandwidth high enough to transfer an entire video presentation from your laptop directly onto a conference room projector.
Cambridge Silicon Radio -- which makes chips for 80 percent of the world's Bluetooth headsets -- has promised better audio quality and longer battery life for Bluetooth devices by Christmas 2008.
Apple has made headlines in the past for introducing disruptive technologies, but Wednesday's announcement of the iPod Touch could be a real sleeper.
HP has announced five new iPaq handhelds and three new HP Compaq laptops, along with dozens of handheld accessories, software packages and services.
Rumors that Microsoft may purchase BlackBerry maker Research in Motion are likely just that because of RIM's high price tag, though there would be benefits for both parties if a deal were struck, analysts said Friday.
By 2012, Linux will be running on nearly 31 percent of all smart devices, thanks to a growth rate faster than Windows Mobile and Symbian, according to predictions from a research firm.
LG Electronics's battle to beat the iPhone is far from over. The South Korean electronics company has unveiled its second iPhone-like handset and this one packs several important features the iPhone doesn't: 3G and high-speed cellular data networking...
Nokia has launched new multimedia phones, as well as Ovi, a music and games service that spans phones and PCs. Nokia clearly hopes to the package will leave Apple's iPhone and iTunes standing, but it might cause tension with operators.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- What Apple's first down quarter in 13 years really means
- A new AMD licensing deal could create more x86 rivals for Intel
- Scientists can now make lithium-ion batteries last a lifetime
- Never run out of printer ink with HP Instant Ink
- 7 myths about the Bitcoin blockchain
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSenior Storage Systems EngineerACT
- CCContract Systems Analyst (C++/JAVA/SQL) 160505/SA/971Asia
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCFull Stack Developer - Java - Blue Chip CompanyNSW
- CCSenior Automation Tester - MicroservicesNSW
- FTProduct Owner - MarketingNSW
- CCSr. Project Manager - Six SigmaVIC
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Australian Systems Integrator - Immediate interviewNSW
- CCRelease Management LeadNSW
- FTMs Dynamics Nav Support Analyst- Level 1/2WA
- CCAnalyst Programmer (Lotus Notes/Networking) 160504/AP/781Asia
- CCHi-Portfolio ConsultantNSW
- FTData AnalystNSW
- FTVendor Manager / Team Lead - ITIL / ITSMVIC
- FTDatabase Administrator / ArchitectNSW
- FTData AnalystNSW
- CCFront End DeveloperWA
- CCTechnical WriterACT
- CCSenior Implementation AnalystNSW
- CCNV1 | System admin with SQL server experience for Defence Application SupportACT
- FTProduct OwnerNSW
- CCPortfolio Manager - Customer Service SystemVIC
- CCBusiness Project ManagerAsia
- CCBusiness Data AnalystVIC
- FTITSM Head of Service Desk & SwitchboardACT