Tuesday's afternoon sessions at Demo 07 in the US offered up an instructive look behind the scenes at the enabling technologies that will drive high tech's future capabilities.
Mobility & Wireless
Power consumption, parallelism, and the rapidly-expanding world of mobile communications are among the leading areas of research and development investigated by some of the IT world's largest companies.
iPhone hackers have some new tools now, thanks to HD Moore, one of the developers of the Metasploit hacking software.
Motorola and Sprint Nextel demonstrated mobile WiMax technology aboard a tour boat moving gracefully along the Chicago River this week, as ecstatic designers and marketing personnel trumpeted the technology for being nearly ready to bring cheap wirel...
The Java platform may run on 2 billion handheld phones, but not on Apple's trendy new iPhone. Apple's stance was called a mistake by a Sun Microsystems executive Wednesday at the AJAXWorld conference in Santa Clara.
Less than a week after CEO Steve Jobs said that Apple would fight hacks that unlocked the iPhone, the company said any modification, unlocks included, voids the phone's warranty.
Broadcom has put 802.11n wireless networking fast Wi-Fi on a single chip, which could make fast Wi-Fi cheaper in the New Year.
Motorola said it will demonstrate a desktop WiMax device focused on consumers and small office users at WiMax World in Chicago this week . The device will be sold to various carriers the Northern autumn for eventual resale.
The groundwork is being laid for a risky experiment in consumer electronics as manufacturers prepare for US carriers Sprint Nextel and Clearwire's Xohm WiMax services.
Vodafone has launched its own GPS service - Vodafone Compass - and marked it by offering 12 months free GPS mapping for customers who sign up before December 1.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Facebook to begin testing its Internet drone this year
- Tablet shipments down, but detachables catch on
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
- Vodafone puts idle smartphones to work to fight cancer
- Optus switches on 4G in 40 regional areas
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCService Desk AnaystNSW
- FTInfrastructure/Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCEngineering Lead - InfrastructureVIC
- CCMaster Scheduler - IT Infrastructure ProgramsNSW
- CCUrgent requirement for a Splunk SMEVIC
- CCIT Technical Writer- understanding in RDMBS,Web server, StorageNSW
- CCSAP BASIS ConsultantVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst- Process Mapping Specialist- Gov / Bank backgdNSW
- CCIT Assistant (Lotus Notes/Technical Support) 160616/ITA/991Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160629/AP/793Asia
- FTBusiness Analyst - Clinical SystemsSA
- CCProject Manager - IT SecurityNSW
- FTEnvironments Lead (Linux/ Automation)VIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160620/AP/623Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160616/AP/185Asia
- CCSAP Business Analyst - FinanceNSW
- FTSenior Architect, TechnologyNSW
- CCSenior Project Delivery ManagerACT
- FTEnterprise Technology Platform ManagerVIC
- FTTechnical Lead - Tier 1 Customer interfaceACT
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- CCSAP Financial Master DataACT
- CCAEM Backend DeveloperVIC
- FTIT Project Coordinator- Data Center Infrastructure backgroundNSW