Less than a week after CEO Steve Jobs said that Apple would fight hacks that unlocked the iPhone, the company said any modification, unlocks included, voids the phone's warranty.
Mobility & Wireless
Broadcom has put 802.11n wireless networking fast Wi-Fi on a single chip, which could make fast Wi-Fi cheaper in the New Year.
Mobile printing has never been easier. For a busy office, reliable and easy-to-use tools are essential. Samsung's latest smart printers are equipped for wireless printing from mobile devices. Find out more about what is all about.
Motorola said it will demonstrate a desktop WiMax device focused on consumers and small office users at WiMax World in Chicago this week . The device will be sold to various carriers the Northern autumn for eventual resale.
The groundwork is being laid for a risky experiment in consumer electronics as manufacturers prepare for US carriers Sprint Nextel and Clearwire's Xohm WiMax services.
Vodafone has launched its own GPS service - Vodafone Compass - and marked it by offering 12 months free GPS mapping for customers who sign up before December 1.
Soon you may be able to pay for your shopping with your mobile phone, thanks to some new technology being trialed in a joint venture from Telstra, NAB and Visa.
Google Street View application, which has raise privacy concerns because of the street-level views of locations it provides, will respect the local laws of the countries wherever it is available, the company's privacy counsel said Monday in a company...
Despite signs that mobile Linux is gaining momentum -- such as the launch of Motorola's Linux-based Razr2 -- and heated competition, confusion about goals and slow-moving consortiums may be hindering growth.
A group representing people with a hearing loss filed complaints with the US Federal Communications Commission (FCC) last month, accusing Apple of not making its iPhone compatible with hearing aids.
Nokia hopped onto the convergence phone bandwagon today with its Nokia 6301 handset which can handover a live cell phone call from a carrier's cellular network to a WiFi network. The ability to initiate or receive calls using a cell phone on a WiFi n...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 BlackBerry Passport review: A smartphone going nowhere
- 2 Sony Xperia Z3 Compact review: A flagship at 4.6-inches
- 3 Microsoft Surface Pro 3 Windows 8.1 tablet
- 4 Samsung Galaxy Tab S (10.5) 4G review
- 5 TomTom Runner Cardio GPS watch
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Candidates for EU's data protection job heard by the European Parliament
- Citrix's ShareFile gets document signing thanks to acquisition
- Alibaba's mobile OS in China boosted by Meizu partnership
- Your online TV watching is now being tracked across devices
- Samsung Knox devices approved for government use by NSA
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTBusiness ManagerNSW
- FTTechnical Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTMarketing Communications Operations Manager - Global Tech Market leaderNSW
- CCConsumer Product Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTSales Account ExecutiveNSW
- FTDigital Account ExecutiveNSW
- FTBusiness development manager - retargettingNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager | Sales ManagerNSW
- FTAccount ExecutiveNSW
- FTPartner Marketing Communications Manager - Leading Global Tech BrandNSW