Tuesday's afternoon sessions at Demo 07 in the US offered up an instructive look behind the scenes at the enabling technologies that will drive high tech's future capabilities.
Mobility & Wireless
Power consumption, parallelism, and the rapidly-expanding world of mobile communications are among the leading areas of research and development investigated by some of the IT world's largest companies.
iPhone hackers have some new tools now, thanks to HD Moore, one of the developers of the Metasploit hacking software.
Motorola and Sprint Nextel demonstrated mobile WiMax technology aboard a tour boat moving gracefully along the Chicago River this week, as ecstatic designers and marketing personnel trumpeted the technology for being nearly ready to bring cheap wirel...
The Java platform may run on 2 billion handheld phones, but not on Apple's trendy new iPhone. Apple's stance was called a mistake by a Sun Microsystems executive Wednesday at the AJAXWorld conference in Santa Clara.
Less than a week after CEO Steve Jobs said that Apple would fight hacks that unlocked the iPhone, the company said any modification, unlocks included, voids the phone's warranty.
Broadcom has put 802.11n wireless networking fast Wi-Fi on a single chip, which could make fast Wi-Fi cheaper in the New Year.
Motorola said it will demonstrate a desktop WiMax device focused on consumers and small office users at WiMax World in Chicago this week . The device will be sold to various carriers the Northern autumn for eventual resale.
The groundwork is being laid for a risky experiment in consumer electronics as manufacturers prepare for US carriers Sprint Nextel and Clearwire's Xohm WiMax services.
Vodafone has launched its own GPS service - Vodafone Compass - and marked it by offering 12 months free GPS mapping for customers who sign up before December 1.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft restores database app to Office 365 for small biz
- Hands-on: Microsoft Teams brings the best and worst of Office to team-building
- Gartner: A.I. to become a top business investment priority
- White House: A.I. will be critical driver of U.S. economy
- Google rebrands cloud services 'Google Cloud' and 'G Suite'
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSenior Back-end Developer/Database DesignerSA
- CCVBA DeveloperNSW
- CCFacilities Coordinator - Multiple RolesVIC
- CCSenior Test Manager - Defence ProjectVIC
- FTAndroid Technical Lead (Work From Home 2-3 Days)NSW
- CCDigital Content StrategistVIC
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkSA
- FTJava DevelopersWA
- CCDevelopment Lead - JavaNSW
- FTTechnical Writer - HealthcareVIC
- CCTrainer - AgileACT
- FTHead of User ResearchNSW
- CCNetwork EngineerNSW
- CCTechnical Application Specialist (Cerner) - Brisbane BasedOther
- FTSecurity Operations EngineerNSW
- TPMicrosoft BI DeveloperWA
- CCChange & Release AdministratorNSW
- FTiOS DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Projects Engineer | Systems Integration and IT Managed ServicesNSW
- CCSenior UX/UI DesignerNSW
- TPSharePoint Designer / DeveloperQLD
- FTPractice AdvisorQLD
- CCDevOps EngineerWA
- FTTSM SpecialistNSW