Hewlett-Packard's latest Android tablets with multiple screen sizes are available through the company's website.
Mobility & Wireless
Nokia has started shipping two new low-end touch-screen phones running its own Asha software platform. It hopes they will allow it to compete more effectively with cheap Android-based products.
Nokia is hoping that availability of its low-end Lumia 525 in countries like China and Russia will soon give its smartphone sales a boost.
Microsoft has sharpened the photo management capabilities of its SkyDrive app for iOS, a step intended to make the cloud storage product the de facto "camera roll" tool across users' multiple devices.
Apple says a request by Samsung to halt a damages retrial, in which the jury is currently deliberating, "crossed the bounds of reason."
Tablets with 64-bit versions of the Android OS and Intel Atom chips code-named Bay Trail will become available next year, Intel said on Thursday.
Nokia has upgraded the Asha 501 with WhatApp, Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync features and voice-over-IP.
Despite the hype surrounding smartwatches, they won't be featured on many holiday wish lists this year. They are still too expensive and not useful enough to compete with tablets and fitness bands, according to market research company Gartner.
Google is trying to make it easier for Apps customers to find and deploy third-party applications from the Marketplace store it launched a few years ago.
Qualcomm has introduced a mobile chip that will play back 4K video on smartphones and tablets in addition to supporting the latest 802.11ac Wi-Fi.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 3 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
- 5 Parrot Mambo Drone review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Facebook to begin testing its Internet drone this year
- Tablet shipments down, but detachables catch on
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
- Vodafone puts idle smartphones to work to fight cancer
- Optus switches on 4G in 40 regional areas
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCWeb Designer or Visual Interactional DesignerNSW
- CCSenior Windows Automation Specialist (Integration)NSW
- FTProject Manager - Process Transformation / AutomationNSW
- CCOrganisational Change ManagerNSW
- CCSecurity ConsultantWA
- FTSoftware DeveloperQLD
- CCSenior Integration DeveloperQLD
- FTNetwork ArchitectVIC
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCMid Level .Net DeveloperVIC
- FTJava / API DeveloperVIC
- CCSAP CRM Technical LeadACT
- FTSenior Analyst ProgrammerNSW
- FT2nd Line Engineer - CitrixVIC
- CCSupport OfficerSA
- FTPractice AdvisorNSW
- CCNetwork EngineerNSW
- FTTechnology Solutions Architect - CloudNSW
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperVIC
- TPTest LeadQLD
- FTSenior Financial Planner - BallaratNSW
- FTSalesforce Solutions Architect/DeveloperNSW
- CCSecurity Consultant (Perth CBD based)NSW
- FTSolution DesignerNSW
- TPProject Coordinator. Business Process Improvement ProgramNSW