Facebook will begin test flights of its solar-powered Internet drone later this year, CEO Mark Zuckerberg said on Monday.
Mobility & Wireless
The saving grace for the declining tablet market is detachable devices, also called 2-in-1s, that can serve as both a laptop and a separate slate-style tablet.
The iPhone won't always be the moneymaker it once was.
Vodafone and the Garvan Institute of Medical Research have partnered in an attempt boost cancer research using Australian smartphones while their users sleep.
Optus is accelerating its 4G rollout across Australian regional areas, with 4G 2600MHz services now switched on in sites across 40 regional centres.
Data communications company, Motorola Solutions, has launched a concept patrol car intended to serve as a "virtual partner" for emergency services by creating a fully-integrated mobile communications experience.
Lenovo is set to buy Motorola Mobility from Google for $2.91 billion in a deal that excludes the vast majority of Motorola’s patent portfolio.
The world’s top selling PC company, Lenovo, will split into four distinct business groups and reshuffle its executive team as part of a major restructure.
Google has acquired Boston Dynamics, a company that builds robots that mimic the movements of humans and animals with stunning dexterity and speed.
From single digits to trillions, the tech industry loves numbers, and it generated plenty of them in 2013. Here's a look at some of the figures that stand out from the year:
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft restores database app to Office 365 for small biz
- Hands-on: Microsoft Teams brings the best and worst of Office to team-building
- Gartner: A.I. to become a top business investment priority
- White House: A.I. will be critical driver of U.S. economy
- Google rebrands cloud services 'Google Cloud' and 'G Suite'
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- FTCheckpoint Firewall and VPNNSW
- TPSenior Business Analyst - Travel and Expense Management SystemQLD
- FTFunctional ConsultantNSW
- FTBI Report DeveloperQLD
- CCICT Strategy ConsultantNSW
- CCTester- InfrastructureACT
- TPJava DeveloperSA
- CCSenior PMO Analyst - ReportingNSW
- TPSenior Network EngineerNSW
- CCChange Manager l Port Macquarie NSWQLD
- TPProject Manager with a Development BackgroundQLD
- TPWeb DeveloperSA
- FTNode.js/API DeveloperNSW
- TPProject CoordintorVIC
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Functional Consultant Advanced Warehouse ManagementNSW
- CCBiztalk DeveloperQLD
- TPIT Procurement OfficerQLD
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- TPWeb DeveloperNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD
- FTIT Information Security AdvisorNSW