Linksys’ latest looks a bit like a massive upturned spider which can be a bit disconcerting in low-light and shadow-rich environments. It’s no looker, although the LED lights on the front have a certain Knight Rider quality to them.
Mobility & Wireless
Facebook will begin test flights of its solar-powered Internet drone later this year, CEO Mark Zuckerberg said on Monday.
The saving grace for the declining tablet market is detachable devices, also called 2-in-1s, that can serve as both a laptop and a separate slate-style tablet.
The iPhone won't always be the moneymaker it once was.
Vodafone and the Garvan Institute of Medical Research have partnered in an attempt boost cancer research using Australian smartphones while their users sleep.
HP’s Pro Slate 8 Android tablet normally wouldn’t be a compelling product for us to review, but we became intrigued by the Duet Pen that’s offered with this model (and others) in the company’s Pro Slate business range. The goal is to aid pen input by allowing the user to actually write on a real paper pad.
Optus is accelerating its 4G rollout across Australian regional areas, with 4G 2600MHz services now switched on in sites across 40 regional centres.
HP's business-centric ElitePad 1000 G2 tablet picks up the ball where it was dropped by the ElitePad 900. It has a more powerful processor at the helm, along with a larger allotment of RAM, it runs the 64-bit version of Windows 8.1, and it now has a 1920x1200-pixel, 10.1in screen as opposed to a 1280x800-pixel screen. Physically, the dimensions haven't changed, and this is so the new product can live in the ecosystem of accessories that was created for the 900.
Since the release of Intel's Atom Bay Trail platform, lightweight Windows-based tablets have received a much-needed boost in speed and endurance. We noticed that first in mostly consumer offerings, such as the ASUS T100 and Toshiba Encore. Lenovo has also used Bay Trail to good effect in its ThinkPad 10 tablet, which is predominantly a business-oriented device that has many highlights.
Lenovo’s latest tablet for corporate users makes use of the Intel Atom (Bay Trail) platform and is available in both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Windows 8.1. It’s a tablet with a 10in form factor and it has a 10-point, multi-touch display that uses IPS (in-plane switching) technology, and it serves up a Full HD resolution.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 2 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 3 Parrot Mambo Drone review
- 4 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 5 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Gartner: A.I. to become a top business investment priority
- White House: A.I. will be critical driver of U.S. economy
- Google rebrands cloud services 'Google Cloud' and 'G Suite'
- BlackBerry stops making hardware, but BlackBerry phones live on
- IEEE sets new Ethernet standard that brings 5X the speed without disruptive cable changes
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- TV buying guide: What to look for when buying a TV in 2016
- Best iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus plans: Optus vs Telstra vs Vodafone vs Virgin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Margin ProjectsNSW
- CCOracle Functional Consultant | 6mth ContractVIC
- FTSenior Architect, Markets and ProductsNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (12-Month Renewable Contract)Asia
- CCApplication Support DeveloperVIC
- CCFront End DeveloperNSW
- FTSolutions ArchitectNSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (PC LAN Support) 161017/ITA/742Asia
- CCSenior Business Analyst - experience in IDAM a MUSTNSW
- FTNetwork Support SpecialistACT
- FTProject ManagerSA
- FTIntegration SpecialistSA
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 161018/P/911Asia
- CCADABAS Database Administrator - NV1 clearedACT
- CCLevel 3 Microsoft Resource EngineerVIC
- FTCustomer Solutions Engineer | Voice | Data | TelcoNSW
- FTLevel 2 Application SupportVIC
- CCField EngineerVIC
- FTSolution ArchitectACT
- CCContract IT Assistant (PC LAN Support) 161020/ITA/652Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Web Programming) 161013/AP/185Asia
- CCPHP DeveloperNSW
- CCFunctional Consultant - MS Dynamics AXQLD
- CCSenior Security AnalystVIC
- CCSAS DI DeveloperNSW