Linksys’ latest looks a bit like a massive upturned spider which can be a bit disconcerting in low-light and shadow-rich environments. It’s no looker, although the LED lights on the front have a certain Knight Rider quality to them.
Mobility & Wireless
Facebook will begin test flights of its solar-powered Internet drone later this year, CEO Mark Zuckerberg said on Monday.
The saving grace for the declining tablet market is detachable devices, also called 2-in-1s, that can serve as both a laptop and a separate slate-style tablet.
The iPhone won't always be the moneymaker it once was.
Vodafone and the Garvan Institute of Medical Research have partnered in an attempt boost cancer research using Australian smartphones while their users sleep.
HP’s Pro Slate 8 Android tablet normally wouldn’t be a compelling product for us to review, but we became intrigued by the Duet Pen that’s offered with this model (and others) in the company’s Pro Slate business range. The goal is to aid pen input by allowing the user to actually write on a real paper pad.
Optus is accelerating its 4G rollout across Australian regional areas, with 4G 2600MHz services now switched on in sites across 40 regional centres.
HP's business-centric ElitePad 1000 G2 tablet picks up the ball where it was dropped by the ElitePad 900. It has a more powerful processor at the helm, along with a larger allotment of RAM, it runs the 64-bit version of Windows 8.1, and it now has a 1920x1200-pixel, 10.1in screen as opposed to a 1280x800-pixel screen. Physically, the dimensions haven't changed, and this is so the new product can live in the ecosystem of accessories that was created for the 900.
Since the release of Intel's Atom Bay Trail platform, lightweight Windows-based tablets have received a much-needed boost in speed and endurance. We noticed that first in mostly consumer offerings, such as the ASUS T100 and Toshiba Encore. Lenovo has also used Bay Trail to good effect in its ThinkPad 10 tablet, which is predominantly a business-oriented device that has many highlights.
Lenovo’s latest tablet for corporate users makes use of the Intel Atom (Bay Trail) platform and is available in both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Windows 8.1. It’s a tablet with a 10in form factor and it has a 10-point, multi-touch display that uses IPS (in-plane switching) technology, and it serves up a Full HD resolution.
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Google Daydream VR headset
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Acer Swift 7
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Lexar® Portable SSD
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Huawei Mate 9
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Surface Pro 4
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- FCC rolls back net neutrality ISP transparency rules
- Microsoft revives free Windows 10 upgrade for SMBs
- Microsoft restores database app to Office 365 for small biz
- Hands-on: Microsoft Teams brings the best and worst of Office to team-building
- Gartner: A.I. to become a top business investment priority
PCW Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- Horizon Zero Dawn review
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Japan's pop culture, anime-friendly, J-Pop shrine, Kanda Myojin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCMarketing SpecialistNSW
- TPLead Change Manager - ERPVIC
- TPDigital Project ManagerVIC
- FTSalesforce AdministratorQLD
- CCSharepoint Business AnalystACT
- CCProject Manager (Event Management)NSW
- CCTest AnalystQLD
- TPBusiness Process Analyst (Newcaslte Based)NSW
- FTSnr SOC Security Coordinator - Perm - North Ryde areaNSW
- CCProject / Portfolio SchedulerNSW
- FTLevel 2 Technical Support OfficerQLD
- TPDatabase Integration SpecialistVIC
- FTMicrosoft ConsultantVIC
- FTPrincipal Architect - Infrastructure | Major BankVIC
- TPDigital Strategist - Newcastle BasedNSW
- CCSolution Architect - VMwareVIC
- FTSenior Network AdministratorNSW
- TPSenior Network EngineerWA
- FTMid Level PHP DeveloperNSW
- FTDevOps/Senior Sys Admin - eCommerce - Permanent - Sydney Northern BeachesNSW
- FTStorage Solution ArchitectVIC
- TPMicrosoft Analyst ProgrammerSA
- CCSenior Technical Business Analyst - ITMSP - Melbourne CBDVIC
- FTSenior Web DeveloperNSW
- CCData Engineer (SQL/Big Data/Scala)VIC