Facebook will begin test flights of its solar-powered Internet drone later this year, CEO Mark Zuckerberg said on Monday.
Mobility & Wireless
The saving grace for the declining tablet market is detachable devices, also called 2-in-1s, that can serve as both a laptop and a separate slate-style tablet.
The iPhone won't always be the moneymaker it once was.
Vodafone and the Garvan Institute of Medical Research have partnered in an attempt boost cancer research using Australian smartphones while their users sleep.
HP’s Pro Slate 8 Android tablet normally wouldn’t be a compelling product for us to review, but we became intrigued by the Duet Pen that’s offered with this model (and others) in the company’s Pro Slate business range. The goal is to aid pen input by allowing the user to actually write on a real paper pad.
Optus is accelerating its 4G rollout across Australian regional areas, with 4G 2600MHz services now switched on in sites across 40 regional centres.
HP's business-centric ElitePad 1000 G2 tablet picks up the ball where it was dropped by the ElitePad 900. It has a more powerful processor at the helm, along with a larger allotment of RAM, it runs the 64-bit version of Windows 8.1, and it now has a 1920x1200-pixel, 10.1in screen as opposed to a 1280x800-pixel screen. Physically, the dimensions haven't changed, and this is so the new product can live in the ecosystem of accessories that was created for the 900.
Since the release of Intel's Atom Bay Trail platform, lightweight Windows-based tablets have received a much-needed boost in speed and endurance. We noticed that first in mostly consumer offerings, such as the ASUS T100 and Toshiba Encore. Lenovo has also used Bay Trail to good effect in its ThinkPad 10 tablet, which is predominantly a business-oriented device that has many highlights.
Lenovo’s latest tablet for corporate users makes use of the Intel Atom (Bay Trail) platform and is available in both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Windows 8.1. It’s a tablet with a 10in form factor and it has a 10-point, multi-touch display that uses IPS (in-plane switching) technology, and it serves up a Full HD resolution.
The Vodafone Pocket WiFi 4G is a Huawei-manufactured, to-the-point dual-band hotspot. It employs a simple design, setup, and operation to get you online via the telecommunication provider’s 4G (LTE) services in not much more than a minute.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- LinkedIn aims to make email more professional, with LinkedIn Intro
- 5G will have to do more than send speed up your phone, Ericsson says
- Wireless world record: Researchers transfer data at 100Gbps through the air
- Google to feature user recommendations in ads
- Cisco patches vulnerabilities in some security appliances, switches and routers
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- FTSAP ESB Service Management SpecialistVIC
- CCChange Portfolio ManagerNSW
- CCEnvironment ManagerVIC
- CCProject Manager - Change/Transformation/Project DeliveryNSW
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL/Web) 160719/P/741Asia
- CCTest Manager - Baseline SecurityVIC
- FTMidrange Server Provision SMENSW
- FTAEM & AEM Forms ConsultantsWA
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperSA
- CCSAP MM / Ariba Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCSenior SAP BW & HANA Developer/Technical ArchitectVIC
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160729/P/698Asia
- CCAgile Scrum MasterACT
- FTOPEN_ASAP_Configuration ManagerACT
- CCProject Manager, Credit CardsNSW
- FTSenior Oracle Functional Analyst (Finance)VIC
- FTPortfolio Governance ConsultantNSW
- CCSolution Architect - Supply ChainNSW
- CCIP Test Analyst - Baseline Security ClearanceVIC
- CCMac (iOS) Support Engineer - $30 p/h - Three Year ContractNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Microsoft Active DirectoryNSW
- FTProject Coordinator- NSW Government - reform BackgroundNSW
- CCChange CoordinatorNSW
- CCSales Support Associate - TelecommunicationsNSW