While it's easy to make a thin SSD for low-profile laptops and other mobile computing devices, NAND memory isn't cheap. Designers are constantly faced with a choice between capacity and affordability. That's why the Seagate Laptop Ultrathin HDD is bi...
PC World Business
If you want to get into 3D printing, there are tons of options out there for you to choose from. Unfortunately, most of the inexpensive 3D printers require you to assemble them yourself, a tedious and often frustrating task. Fully assembled printers ...
A few weeks ago, we were absolutely excited over the over the prospect of the ProDesk3D, a full-color 3D printer in the works from a New York-based startup named botObjects. Unlike every 3D printer that we've seen so far, the ProDesk3D color palate i...
Bob Metcalfe, Dave Boggs and the rest of the scientists at Xerox Palo Alto Research Center in 1973 were a lot like young developers at a Silicon Valley startup today.
If you aren't intimately familiar with Software Defined Networking, don't fret. Only 10% of 450 IT practitioners at a recent Network World event raised their hands when asked if they understand SDN. But if the emerging technology lives up to its prom...
What of the oft-mentioned northbound APIs that will let applications tell the controller what they need from the network? What kind of progress is the Open Networking Foundation making on that front? Network World Editor in Chief John Dix put the que...
Cloud-based marketing automation vendor Marketo's plans to raise up to $75 million in an initial public offering, which were revealed this week, could influence larger companies to acquire the company, including Salesforce.com and SAP.
It's official, and it's been official for a while -- Android is far and away the most popular smartphone OS in America. Ever since January 2011, when the platform surpassed RIM to take the top spot for the first time in comScore's monthly market shar...
German supermarket chain Aldi has officially switched on its low-cost mobile phone network, Aldi Mobile. It offers extremely competitive prices on pre-paid plans, but how fast are its data speeds? We purchased an Aldi Mobile pre-paid starter pack fro...
Asia is fast becoming the epicenter of the PC market as Chinese and Taiwanese companies challenge the turf occupied for more than a decade by prominent U.S. PC makers Hewlett-Packard and Dell, whose laptop and desktop shipments are stumbling.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG 65-inch UHD TV (65UF950T) review
- 2 Playing chicken with a Tesla Model S
- 3 Audi TT (2015) review: A smarter take on the sports coupe
- 4 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
- 5 Apple Watch review: saving time
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Deals on Good Gear Guide
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Planned new USB connector will fit both ways
- Toshiba offers to buy failed SSD maker OCZ
- Hitachi GST turns to helium to make hard disk drives more efficient
- WD completes $US685m Virident purchase
- WD adds Intel Xeon processing to its Windows-based Sentinel servers
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTPR & Corporate Affairs ManagerNSW
- FTMedia and Communications AdvisorACT
- CCDrupal DeveloperNSW
- CCInternal Communications ExecutiveNSW
- FTAccount Manager - PR AgencyNSW
- FTTechnical Sales Support Representative - The Worlds largest Search Engine!NSW
- CCInternal Communications AdvisorNSW
- FTSenior Account Manager - PR AgencyNSW
- CCSenior Drupal DeveloperNSW