When the USB format was introduced just over 11 years ago, the creators envisioned it as a way to liberate computer users by making it easy for them to attach devices to PCs without opening the case, fiddling with arcane settings, or dealing with a m...
PC World Business
Our reviewer catches his breath to report on his first few days with the Wii and its innovative, crowd-pleasing controller.
As the long wait for the much-anticipated PlayStation 3 game console dragged on, gamers started to joke that Sony stood for Soon, Only Not Yet.
In a multiconsole world, how do you know whether the Nintendo Wii, the Sony PlayStation 3, or the Microsoft Xbox 360 is the one for you? Here's our advice.
When pictures of flaming laptops blaze across the Internet, and Dell and Apple recall nearly 6 million lithium ion batteries, it's natural to wonder whether we can trust our portable devices. Billions of these batteries power everything from cell pho...
Here's PC World's official (and entirely idiosyncratic) list of the top tech gadgets of the last half century.
Twenty-five years ago, IBM changed the world. It wasn't intentional. When Big Blue announced a microcomputer called the IBM Personal Computer on August 12, 1981, it hoped only to make a nice profit.
It's a new day for Mozilla. Only a few days after OneStat reported that its Firefox Web browser has reached nearly 13% market share worldwide, the open-source software development organization this morning released Beta 1 of Firefox 2.0. With this re...
At PC World, we spend most of our time talking about products that make your life easier or your work more productive. But it's the lousy ones that linger in our memory long after their shrinkwrap has shriveled, and that make tech editors cry out, "W...
Like the age of the earth or of Hollywood stars, estimates on the age of the Internet depend on whom you ask. By the calculations of one industry pioneer, this week marks the 20th birthday of the modern Internet.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- HP begins selling its Jet Fusion 3D printer; says it's 50% cheaper, 10X faster than others
- Are you ready for the enterprise wearables boom?
- IBM makes quantum computing available in the cloud
- What Apple's first down quarter in 13 years really means
- A new AMD licensing deal could create more x86 rivals for Intel
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCBI/Information/Data/Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst, Service Performance, RetailNSW
- CCSenior IT Tester / Telecommunications (Urgent)NSW
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCSnr Technology Analyst Disaster RecoveryVIC
- CCQA OfficerACT
- CCSenior DevOps EngineerACT
- CCPEGA Developer / ConfigurerACT
- CCIT Assistant (Office Automation/Windows) 160517/ITA/884Asia
- CCSolutions Architect - Enterprise ApplicationsNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst, ReportingNSW
- CCNV1 Consultant | Groundbreaking Defence decision support applicationACT
- FTOPEN _ ASAP_Technical Specialist COEACT
- FTImplementation / Deployment Specialist- Web Sphere, ESB, IIBNSW
- CCEnd to End Project Manager - PMO and GovernanceVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst - NV1VIC
- CCSystem Engineer - Server Migration experienceNSW
- CCNetwork Engineer, Renewable ContractAsia
- FTSenior Developer (Full stack)SA
- FTFront End DeveloperACT
- CCData Center ArchitectNSW
- CCIT Assistant (Lotus Notes/LAN/Anti-Virus) 160524/ITA/074Asia
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCTest Analyst / Test LeadNSW