My former graduate student Steven Zeligman has just submitted another article for the column. Here are his practical suggestions (with the usual editing from me) on improving the security of shopping online.
PC World Business
The old carnival freak show is dead and gone (or has at least moved to reality television and daytime talk shows). But in our hearts, we still long to gawk at the strange and the bizarre.
Tucked into an affidavit filed by an FBI agent last month was the first hard evidence that federal agents are equipped with more than automatic pistols and handcuffs: The agency was asking a federal judge to let it infect a PC with spyware so they co...
Windows Vista may be shiny and brand new, but as plenty of PC users will tell you, sometimes newer isn't better. Many PCs simply don't have the horsepower to run the new operating system, and even those that have the juice may get bogged down by proc...
Some things are annoying by their very nature -- spam, your in-laws, comedians. But when the annoyances stem from stuff you've paid for or products you rely on to get things done, that really takes the cake.
Everyone has an idea on how to roll out the national broadband scheme, but who's promising what?
The war between Telstra and the Australian Competition and Communications Commission (ACCC) has escalated and there's still no solid vision of a high-speed Australian broadband network or pricing plan.
IBM is learning from naturally-forming patterns that create seashells, snowflakes and tooth enamel to build its next family of computer chips. The chips made with the new process will eventually be used in IBM's server product lines.
The first piece of tech gear that I could call my own wasn't a computer; it was a game console--an original Sega Master System. I remember it, and the often-cheesy marketing that so appealed to my eight-year-old-self, as fondly as I do my first kiss ...
Microsoft's Windows Vista can be used for as long as 120 days without agreeing to its product activation antipiracy software, the company confirmed Friday. That's four times longer than the 30 days the company has widely used as the maximum time span...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Apple to replace defective USB-C cables that shipped with some 12-inch MacBooks
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
- Microsoft beefs up its Surface Book and Surface Pro 4
- Toshiba's swanky Satellite Radius 12 laptop is brimming with cutting-edge features
- Lenovo announces executive shake-up as part of major restructure
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCInfrastructure and Cloud Project ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTPeoplesoft CRM DeveloperWA
- CCRelease Manager, SAPNSW
- CCTechnical WriterACT
- CCAWS Developer/LeadNSW
- CCTechnical Business Analyst, SuperannuationNSW
- FTNV1, NV2 Network Engineers | Permanent role with diverse Defence projectsACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (IT Application/.Net) 160523/AP/254Asia
- CCSystems Engineer - Wintel, VMWare and CitrixNSW
- CCTIBCO Integration ConsultantVIC
- CCData Feeds Developer | Financial Services | C# & SQLNSW
- CCNV1 Consultant | Groundbreaking Defence decision support applicationACT
- FTBusiness AnalystVIC
- FTOPEN_ASAP_Network Security AdministratorACT
- CCPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- FTLinux Infrastructure EngineerVIC
- CCChange manager/Change LeadNSW
- FTVMWare Infrastructure EngineerVIC
- CCProject Manager PMP RMP certified - NV1ACT
- FTPerformance Test AnalystNSW
- CCDigital Project ManagerVIC
- CCData Engineer (Java, Scala, Scripting, Hadoop, Spark)NSW
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCSAP Hanna ConsultantNSW