You rarely hear about a new OS causing people to panic. But IT consultant Scott Pam says that's exactly what his small-business clients are doing when they install Windows Vista on new PCs and run smack into compatibility or usability roadblocks.
PC World Business
When Steve Sinchak's new Intel network card became "really slow" after upgrading his Windows Vista PC with a pre-release version of Service Pack 1, he tried uninstalling its software driver and replacing it with a new one.
The Nokia 7900 Crystal Prism was developed in conjunction with famous French designer Frederique Daubal
In January 2001 the English language version of Wikipedia opened for business, and was quickly followed by versions in French, German, Catalan and Swedish. Over the past seven years it has grown to include over 250 language editions with more than ei...
Seattle's Swedish Medical Center, a three-hospital campus with more than 7,000 employees and annual revenues of US$1 billion, was mired in paper.
Just a little more than a year after its first crack at Vista, Microsoft Monday announced that Vista 2.0 -- officially Service Pack 1, or SP1 -- has gone final -- just as had been rumored over the weekend. Officially it's gone RTM, which is Microsoft...
Even by the bloated standards of high-tech mergers and acquisitions, Microsoft's proposed purchase of Yahoo appears to be the largest ever among technology firms. It is certainly Microsoft's largest. The company mostly buys smaller firms for less tha...
Apple CEO Steve Jobs told an interviewer at Macworld this week that Amazon.com's Kindle e-book reader will fail. His shocking reason?: "People don't read anymore."
It has been almost four years since the last revision of Microsoft Office for the Mac, and Macintosh users can be forgiven for getting a little impatient. We heard all the buzz about the radical interface makeover for Office 2007 for Windows, and we ...
Everex may not be releasing its first US$399 ultraportable CloudBook until the end of January, but the Taiwanese PC maker is already talking about a supersize successor due later this year that will sport a bigger screen but stay under $500.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- HP begins selling its Jet Fusion 3D printer; says it's 50% cheaper, 10X faster than others
- Are you ready for the enterprise wearables boom?
- IBM makes quantum computing available in the cloud
- What Apple's first down quarter in 13 years really means
- A new AMD licensing deal could create more x86 rivals for Intel
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCSenior Business Analyst with Product Management experienceVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - Logistic and TransportVIC
- CCProject CoordinatorACT
- FTSenior Oracle Functional Analyst (Finance)VIC
- FTSenior Manager (Business Data Management)NSW
- CCTest AnalystACT
- CCIteration Manager/Project ManagerVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (HP-UX/Oracle RDBMS) 160720/SA/113Asia
- CCOracle Pl/SQL DeveloperNSW
- CCPeopleSoft Consultant (Financial)NSW
- CCTest ManagerNSW
- FTService Desk Team LeadNSW
- CCSenior Change ManagerVIC
- FTDesktop EngineerNSW
- CCAgile Delivery ManagerACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java/SQL) 160721/AP/624Asia
- FTGraduate IT supportNSW
- CCServiceNow Technical LeadNSW
- FTJava DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Agile Java/Spring/AngularJS EngineerNSW
- FTPortal DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Architect, Marketing and Campaign ManagementNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java/J2EE/MyEclise) 160721/AP/vmpAsia
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Linux/MySQL) 1600803/SA/255Asia