If it ain't broke, don't fix it. If it breaks, buy a replacement part on eBay and stubbornly refuse to upgrade.
Apple reported an unusual misstep in the April-to-June quarter, selling fewer iPhones than analysts had been expecting, but it wasn't all bad news from Cupertino.
Microsoft has reported its first quarterly loss in three years, largely as a result of a $7.5 billion write-down for its acquisition last year of Nokia's devices and services business.
Microsoft last week demonstrated how much of a black box a Windows 10 update may be to the millions of users expected to upgrade to the new operating system.
Windows 10's alluring blend of bribery and compromise will surely win back disillusioned Windows 8 users once the operating system hits PCs on July 29.
Intel's revenue and profit both dropped last quarter as people held off on buying new PCs ahead of the Windows 10 launch later this year.
No one ever talks about scanners these days. At least not typical consumers, who often make do with the built-in scanner on a multifunction centre. However, for business users, a dedicated scanner can come in handy, especially when it's of the calibre of Brother's PDS-5000.
Qnap’s TVS-471 is the type of network attached storage (NAS) device that you could sit down and play with for days. It has functions that make it suitable for serious business, home storage, and entertainment tasks. It can be the centre of your life if you allow it.
The Canon Maxify MB5360 presents itself as a classy looking all-in-one printer with a compact footprint and plenty of versatility. You can use USB, Ethernet, or Wi-Fi to hook it up in your small (or home) office, or you can make use of Wi-Fi direct or Cloud services and apps to print from mobile devices and remote locations. The print technology is inkjet, the recommended output is 1000 pages per month, and the overall efficiency of the printer is quite high.
The Officejet 8620 is an inkjet-based, multifunction colour printer that is aimed at offices. We're talking about home offices or offices with a small workgroup, and offices that typically do a volume between 250-1500 pages per month.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Ford Focus ST (2015) review: Absolutely mental styling, engine, handling
- 2 LG 65-inch UHD TV (65UF950T) review
- 3 Playing chicken with a Tesla Model S
- 4 Audi TT (2015) review: A smarter take on the sports coupe
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Deals on Good Gear Guide
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Apple misses iPhone estimates, but sales and profits excel
- Microsoft reports first quarterly loss since 2012 after Nokia write-down
- Intel profit falls as PC slump continues
- Lenovo expands product recall for ThinkPad laptop batteries
- Lenovo’s WRITEit app to supply more handwriting support for Windows devices
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCLead Generator - Software SolutionsNSW
- FTTechnical Sales Support Representative - The Worlds largest Search Engine!NSW
- CCMarketing Coordinator - World's largest search engine!NSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager & Account ManagerVIC
- FTDevOps Consultant - Microsoft Experience - Digital ConsultancyVIC
- CCAccount Strategist | Sales Executive | Global Search EngineNSW
- FTDesktop Engineering ManagerNSW
- CCInternal Communications ExecutiveNSW
- FTField EngineerNSW
- FTAccount Manager - PR AgencyNSW