Foxtel's iQ3 and its Bluetooth Foxtel Remote are appalling and the same content can be had cheaper and easier elsewhere. We examine the problem of Foxtel Pricing and look at ways to cut the cord and save money.
In ye olde days, the Fetch TV came as a chunky box which would only work with some routers under certain conditions over an ADSL connection. Picture quality was poor and so was the channel choice. Not anymore.
Unlike KWorld's 399U, which is a dual digital TV tuner, the 380U is only a single tuner. It has a USB 2.0 interface on one end and an antenna port on the other end, but it's not easy to install and its software interface, like the 399U's, is very poor.
It's easy to turn your PC or notebook into a TV with a USB-based digital TV tuner device, and KWorld's is special in that it is a dual-tuner device. It's compact and it doesn't get warm after prolonged periods of use. But it's severely let down by its bundled software.
The Pinnacle PCTV nanoStick is an external USB DVB-T tuner that allows you to watch digital television on the fly.
With the Olympics in full swing, there's no better time to buy a new digital TV tuner card for your PC. Well, a better time may have been before the Olympics started. Nevertheless, there is still a good two weeks of action worth capturing, and with Compro's E900F tuner card you'll even have the ability to record two channels simultaneously.
The E800 is Compro's PCI Express x1-based hybrid TV tuner. It's easy to install, has plenty of features, but its software still has many of the same quirks we've seen before.
Ever stayed up at night wondering how you can fill those tiny 1-lane PCI Express (PCIe) slots on your motherboard? Well, if you're after a digital TV tuner, you'll be in for a good night's rest tonight as Compro's E650 fits the bill. It's one of the few cards currently on the market to feature a PCIe interface and it has plenty of other desirable features, too.
The Compro VideoMate E700 is an ultra-compact PCI-E card (with spare blanking plate for low-profile PCs) sporting a pair of DVB-T free-to-air tuners.
Be it in a media centre, a notebook or a regular desktop computer, a TV tuner card allows you to enjoy television through your PC.
If you're after a digital (DVB-T) TV-Tuner, an analogue TV-tuner, an FM radio tuner, a video capture device, or just something to fill that tiny PCI Express 1x slot, the LifeView FlyTV Express X1 T2A2 will satisfy all of your needs.
The Compro VideoMate U2700 is a neat little external TV tuner with a USB 2.0 interface. It can be plugged into a desktop or a notebook PC and it will allow you to watch either analogue or digital TV signals.
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Smart LED Bulb LB130
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Lexar® Portable SSD
Acer Swift 7
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Google Daydream VR headset
Huawei Mate 9
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Surface Pro 4
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Japan's pop culture, anime-friendly, J-Pop shrine, Kanda Myojin
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- TPBusiness Project ManagerNSW
- CCTechnical Consultant - ITSM/HP Service ManagerACT
- TPOrganisational Change ManagerQLD
- TPBI Commercial AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Storage System Engineer - Tivoli Storage SpecialistNSW
- CCInfrastructure EngineerACT
- FTPMO Coordinator-Permanent Opportunity-Education/Government Background EssentialNSW
- CCUser ResearcherNSW
- TPInsights ManagerWA
- FTSystem AdministratorNSW
- CCIT Procurement OfficerNSW
- TPIT Project CoordinatorVIC
- FTDynamics AX Functional Consultant (Manufacturing and Trade & Logistics Modules)VIC
- CCApplication Services Administrator (Linux)NSW
- CCDemand/ Resource AnalystVIC
- FTSales Account Manager | Cloud Solutions | Global Tech GiantNSW
- TPMid-Level Java DeveloperNSW
- FTApplications DeveloperACT
- FTStorage Solution ArchitectVIC
- TPDeployment Specialist (DevOps)QLD
- FTSenior Software Engineer - JavaQLD
- TPChange and Communications CoordinatorQLD
- FT.Net Azure DeveloperSA
- FTTechnical Consultant MS Dynamics AXACT
- CCTelecommunication Operations SpecialistTAS