In ye olde days, the Fetch TV came as a chunky box which would only work with some routers under certain conditions over an ADSL connection. Picture quality was poor and so was the channel choice. Not anymore.
Unlike KWorld's 399U, which is a dual digital TV tuner, the 380U is only a single tuner. It has a USB 2.0 interface on one end and an antenna port on the other end, but it's not easy to install and its software interface, like the 399U's, is very poor.
It's easy to turn your PC or notebook into a TV with a USB-based digital TV tuner device, and KWorld's is special in that it is a dual-tuner device. It's compact and it doesn't get warm after prolonged periods of use. But it's severely let down by its bundled software.
The Pinnacle PCTV nanoStick is an external USB DVB-T tuner that allows you to watch digital television on the fly.
With the Olympics in full swing, there's no better time to buy a new digital TV tuner card for your PC. Well, a better time may have been before the Olympics started. Nevertheless, there is still a good two weeks of action worth capturing, and with Compro's E900F tuner card you'll even have the ability to record two channels simultaneously.
The E800 is Compro's PCI Express x1-based hybrid TV tuner. It's easy to install, has plenty of features, but its software still has many of the same quirks we've seen before.
Ever stayed up at night wondering how you can fill those tiny 1-lane PCI Express (PCIe) slots on your motherboard? Well, if you're after a digital TV tuner, you'll be in for a good night's rest tonight as Compro's E650 fits the bill. It's one of the few cards currently on the market to feature a PCIe interface and it has plenty of other desirable features, too.
The Compro VideoMate E700 is an ultra-compact PCI-E card (with spare blanking plate for low-profile PCs) sporting a pair of DVB-T free-to-air tuners.
Be it in a media centre, a notebook or a regular desktop computer, a TV tuner card allows you to enjoy television through your PC.
If you're after a digital (DVB-T) TV-Tuner, an analogue TV-tuner, an FM radio tuner, a video capture device, or just something to fill that tiny PCI Express 1x slot, the LifeView FlyTV Express X1 T2A2 will satisfy all of your needs.
The Compro VideoMate U2700 is a neat little external TV tuner with a USB 2.0 interface. It can be plugged into a desktop or a notebook PC and it will allow you to watch either analogue or digital TV signals.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 2 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 3 Parrot Mambo Drone review
- 4 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 5 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- TV buying guide: What to look for when buying a TV in 2016
- Best iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus plans: Optus vs Telstra vs Vodafone vs Virgin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCSenior Technical SpecialistVIC
- FTEnterprise ArchitectNSW
- CCSystem & Network EngineerVIC
- CCSAP ERP ArchitectNSW
- FTSr. Insight SpecialistVIC
- CCSAP FunctionalistACT
- FTInformation Architect, DataNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle/SQL) 161018/AP/812Asia
- CCAnalyst Programmer (12-Month Renewable Contract)Asia
- CCInfrastructure & Security Solution ArchitectVIC
- FTSecurity Consultant / SMENSW
- CCAutomation Test AnalystNSW
- FTDevOps EngineerVIC
- CCPHP DeveloperNSW
- FTProduct ManagerVIC
- CCData Centre EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Procurement SpecialistVIC
- CCWebpage Designer - Canberra RoleNSW
- CCProgram ManagerACT
- CCContract IT Assistant (PC LAN Support) 161020/ITA/652Asia
- CCSenior Java Analyst Programmer - Front Office TradingNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE) 161101/AP/162Asia