With a strong design, large wrist rest and gold-plated plugs, the 7G has the premium hardware to match the premium price tag. It's designed to last a long time, and it was noticeably rugged during our tests. It should be suitable not only for typical...
PC Components - Reviews
Left-handed gamers have a tendency to miss out on gaming mice, as they often feature an asymmetrical design that fits in the hands of right-handed users. The Sensei [RAW] is a symmetrical mouse, which means both left- and right-handed users can make ...
German peripheral manufacturer Roccat has made a name for itself in gaming circles for its robust keyboards and mice, and the Isku FX is the latest addition to its keyboard portfolio. At a glance, the Isku FX features multicolour backlit keys and sta...
The just-announced Nvidia GTX 770 is the next step down in the company’s constantly-updated graphics card line-up. It sits below the Titan and the new GTX 780, but doesn’t trade off much performance for the massive price drop it enjoys.
Top-of-the-line graphics cards usually come out first in a company’s annual launch cycle -- they’re the fastest, the biggest and the most powerful. AMD’s Radeon 7990 is out a full year after the first of the company’s 7000-series graphics cards -- so...
As Gigabyte demonstrated with the Aivia Krypton gaming mouse, it is keen to get a foothold in the gaming space with its premium range of peripherals. Acting as a companion to the mouse, Gigabyte’s Aivia Osmium is a mechanical keyboard aimed at gaming...
The mouse is one of the most important tools when it comes to PC gaming, so it is surprising when people spend thousands of dollars upgrading their rig only to use a generic mouse. Gigabyte, brand familiar to all gamers, has released the Aivia Krypto...
On the surface, the Logitech Washable Keyboard K310 sounds like a great idea. With so much dust and dirt regularly falling between the gaps on keyboards, it would make life easier to just throw your keyboard under a running tap and wash it away.
Choosing components when you’re building a new PC is a tricky business. Upgrading an existing PC, or building a new PC without buying top-of-the-line kit, is even trickier. AMD’s new Radeon HD 7790 graphics card is aimed at providing the best perform...
The ASUS ARES II is a high-end graphics card designed for multi-screen gamers, serious overclockers or anyone with too much money to throw around. It’s based on AMD’s Radeon 7970 premium graphics chipset, but instead of using one core, it’s got two -...
Rapoo claims to be the first vendor to have a wireless mouse on the Australian market that works in the 5GHz band, rather than the 2.4GHz band.
If you own a collection of Apple tech products, Logitech's K760 Wireless Solar Keyboard might improve your productivity.
Rapoo's Wireless Touchpad Keyboard E9080 is designed for the sort of home theatre PC (HTPC) and boardroom presentation setups where you have a PC connected to a big screen. It's a 'floating' controller that will let you direct the action from anywher...
The CMStorm QuickFire Rapid is part of a relatively new breed of keyboards, using mechanical switches as opposed to the silicon-rubber-dome pads of your run-of-the-mill keyboard -- mechanical switches mean far better feedback whenever you press a key...
The CMStorm Trigger (by Coolermaster) is a full-sized, 104-key mechanical-switch keyboard that has been designed for gaming. The review model I looked at features Cherry MX Blue switches for the keys, which sport a tactile and "clicky" keystroke. The...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- EVGA's GTX 1080 FTW2 and SC2 graphics cards get updated with faster memory
- Qualcomm: First Windows 10 ARM PC coming in the fourth quarter
- User-created patch lets Kaby Lake and Ryzen PCs receive Windows 7 updates
- Samsung ready to make chips faster than the ones in Galaxy S8
- Intel scraps annual IDF event as it looks beyond PCs
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTPERMANENT Business AnalystsVIC
- FTScrum Coach / Agile CoachACT
- CCSystems Engineer - WintelQLD
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Agile and Business ProcessNSW
- FTSenior UX/UI DesignerNSW
- FTSecurity Solutions Manager - Perth BasedNSW
- FTSenior Network EngineerACT
- FTApplication Support Lead - Health ApplicationsNSW
- TPProject Manager | HealthQLD
- CCCRM DeveloperACT
- TPDigital Business AnalystNSW
- TPSAP Supply Lead - MM/LogisticsQLD
- CCETL/BI /Data Stage DeveloperACT
- CCNetwork Architect - SecurityVIC
- FTApplication Support Analyst - SMSF solutions - www.class.com.auNSW
- FTSCOM Monitoring and Alerting SpecialistNSW
- FTPERMANENT Business AnalystsNSW
- FTInfrastructure Architect - UrgentSA
- TPBusiness Analyst | HealthcareQLD
- CCCitrix SpecialistACT
- FTSenior Data Warehouse ConsultantNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCTechnical Consultant - ITSM/HP Service ManagerACT
- FTRisk and Quality ManagerNSW
- TPBI Report Developer - SSRS SSIS SSASNSW