While NVIDIA's new lower-end cards started coming out many months ago, products based around its next-generation GF100 architecture have been far longer in the making.
If your work environment is very dusty, or if you're a bit of a klutz with your coffee mug or soft drink, consider investing in HP's USB PS2 Washable Keyboard. It's a $69 keyboard that's impervious to dust and liquids and it will keep on truckin' eve...
The Bowers & Wilkins MM-1 is a stereo speaker system for the desktop, offering a taste of audiophile sound from the British loudspeaker specialist
AMD is making noise in the CPU market once again. The once-forgotten company's new Phenom II X6 1055T (HDT55TFBGRBOX) is the first consumer chip to feature six physical cores and it's perfect for heavy multitasking and running multithreaded applicati...
The MSI R5770 Hawk is MSI's take on the ATI Radeon HD 5770 graphics card. The MSI boasts of a Twin Frozr II Thermal Design that incorporates two fans embedded over a heatsink and is supposed to keep temperatures down.
The Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H sure is a hard model name to remember when your friends ask you which motherboard you just bought. Instead, just tell them you've bought one of the best value for money AMD-based motherboards on the market.
Despite costing more than many workstations and being about as portable, the Wacom Cintiq 21UX is so much more than a sketchpad. It's an easel and a full set of Grumbacher paints and brushes to the iPad's 2B and a Moleskine sketchbook – it enables yo...
The claim to fame of the MSI Big Bang Fuzion is its ability to run graphics cards from opposing camps (NVidia and AMD) in parallel using its "Hydra Engine". Apart from that, it is a nice motherboard targeted at the higher mid-range segment considerin...
It might look like a keyboard for a tech-savvy doll's house (an accessory for Call-Centre Barbie, no less) but this tiny wireless keyboard from Cideko is actually designed for human hands.
For most listeners, good digital sound from a computer is a fait accompli, a done deal. The built-in soundcard on a PC or laptop promises '20Hz to 20kHz' reproduction, so providing you play uncompressed WAV or lossless digital formats like FLAC or Ap...
The Sapphire ATI Radeon HD 5750 1GB GDDR5 is an affordable mid-range graphics card that refuses to skimp on gaming prowess. As its name implies, the ATI Radeon HD 5750 is a stripped down version of the ATI Radeon HD 5850. While not nearly as powerful...
The ASUS SBC-06D1S-U is an external Blu-ray drive designed for PC-based home theatre systems. In addition to playing Blu-ray discs, it is also a capable DVD burner. (This is a function that many external BD drives lack.) Alongside its DVD burning cap...
The Asus ATI Radeon HD 5850 1GB (EAH5850/G/2DIS/1GD5) is a mid-range graphics card aimed at gamers and 3D enthusiasts. It can be viewed as a more affordable alternative to ATI’s former top dog; the ATI Radeon HD 5870. The latter has since been supers...
The six-core Intel Core i7 980X processor is manufactured on a 32nm fabrication process, runs at a frequency of 3.33GHz with a TurboBoost speed of 3.6 GHz, and has 12MB of L2 cache. It is rated at a TDP of 130W (power consumption on average).
The MSI P55-GD80 PC motherboard supports mainstream Intel Core i5/i7 processors that use the Intel LGA1156 socket. It performs in line with what we expected, offers the features you'd expect and some more pleasantly surprising extras.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Add 8TB storage to Chromebooks, Raspberry Pi 3 with external Seagate hub
- Asus and MSI accused of juicing GeForce GTX 1080 graphics card review samples
- Intel pits monster 72-core Xeon Phi chip against GPUs
- Dell claims its external graphics card tech beats Thunderbolt 3 options
- Radeon RX 470 and RX 460 graphics cards intensify AMD's affordable gaming push
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCContract System Analyst (Renewable Contract)Asia
- CCSAP Financial Master DataACT
- CCSoftware Biomedical Solutions ArchitectSA
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- FTManager of Infrastructure ServicesVIC
- CCSnr IT Project Manager - Contact CentreVIC
- FTSoftware Services Team LeaderNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCSecurity Solution ArchitectQLD
- FTTechnical Lead | Senior Java DeveloperNSW
- CCDevOps /Systems AdministratorQLD
- FTBusiness Analyst - Oracle Financials (Procure To Pay)NSW
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160629/AP/793Asia
- CCServiceNow DeveloperVIC
- CCBusiness System Analyst - FinanceVIC
- CCOracle iLearning Business AnalystNSW
- FTProcurement SpecialistNSW
- CCCobol ProgrammerACT
- CCContract Junior Programmer (JAVA / SQL) 160621/JP/224Asia
- CCMicrosoft .NET Developer (Server and Applications)SA
- CCSolution Architect / Designer - Cyber SecurityNSW
- CCJava DevelopersACT
- CCSAP Business Analyst - FinanceNSW
- CCTechnology and Security ArchitectACT