The Radeon HD 6870 is the larger, more capable member of AMD's new 6800 series lineup. Priced at a respectable US$239 (as of 10/21/2010), this mid-range graphics card manages to outpace its closest relative -- the Radeon HD5850 ($279) -- while keepin...
The ATI Radeon HD5670 is an entry-level graphics card with 1GB of GDDR5 RAM, HDMI and DisplayPort outputs and DirectX 11 support. It utilises the same 'silent pipe' technology often found on NVIDIA's entry-level cards -- this means it has no onboard ...
The Radeon HD 5870 first showed us the joys of ATI's DirectX 11.0 technology, but it was the 5850 that shoe-horned it into a package that offered real value for the fervent gamer.
Apple is clearly onto a winner with touch technology -- its iPhone 4 smartphone and iPad tablet are selling like hotcakes, and its MacBook range of notebooks have successfully integrated many of the iPhone's multitouch gestures.
Some speakers are destined to blend discreetly into your environment. Not so the Harman Kardon GLA-55, whose multi-faceted-diamond looks are positively shouting for attention.
Depending on where you live in this great country of ours, you might sometimes experience problems with your power utility. Whether it’s a prolonged neighbourhood blackout or just a one-second interruption that resets your computer, there is almost n...
The ATI Radeon HD 5550 is a low profile graphics card suitable for casual gaming and home theatre PCs. While it struggles to play the latest games at maximum settings, it remains a solid graphics card that is neither too hot nor too power hungry -- m...
Kingston's SSDNow V+ SSD comes with a comprehensive accessory bundle, but its performance is less extraordinary.
Lenovo's Mini Wireless Keyboard N5901 crams a keyboard and mouse into a svelte shell, offering a compact way to improve your home theater PC experience.
While NVIDIA's new lower-end cards started coming out many months ago, products based around its next-generation GF100 architecture have been far longer in the making.
If your work environment is very dusty, or if you're a bit of a klutz with your coffee mug or soft drink, consider investing in HP's USB PS2 Washable Keyboard. It's a $69 keyboard that's impervious to dust and liquids and it will keep on truckin' eve...
The Bowers & Wilkins MM-1 is a stereo speaker system for the desktop, offering a taste of audiophile sound from the British loudspeaker specialist
AMD is making noise in the CPU market once again. The once-forgotten company's new Phenom II X6 1055T (HDT55TFBGRBOX) is the first consumer chip to feature six physical cores and it's perfect for heavy multitasking and running multithreaded applicati...
The MSI R5770 Hawk is MSI's take on the ATI Radeon HD 5770 graphics card. The MSI boasts of a Twin Frozr II Thermal Design that incorporates two fans embedded over a heatsink and is supposed to keep temperatures down.
The Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H sure is a hard model name to remember when your friends ask you which motherboard you just bought. Instead, just tell them you've bought one of the best value for money AMD-based motherboards on the market.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Ford Focus ST (2015) review: Absolutely mental styling, engine, handling
- 2 LG 65-inch UHD TV (65UF950T) review
- 3 Playing chicken with a Tesla Model S
- 4 Audi TT (2015) review: A smarter take on the sports coupe
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Deals on Good Gear Guide
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Intel profit falls as PC slump continues
- Mac users exposed by zero-day vulnerability
- Intel shows first Skylake tablet
- Hands-on with AMD's FreeSync: The technology that could kill Nvidia's G-Sync
- Qualcomm's Raspberry Pi-like computer has wireless capabilities
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCAccount Strategist | Sales Executive | Global Search EngineNSW
- FTDesktop Engineering ManagerNSW
- FTDevOps Consultant - Microsoft Experience - Digital ConsultancyVIC
- FTAccount Manager - PR AgencyNSW
- CCMarketing Coordinator - World's largest search engine!NSW
- CCInternal Communications ExecutiveNSW
- FTTechnical Sales Support Representative - The Worlds largest Search Engine!NSW
- FTField EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Account Manager - PR AgencyNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager & Account ManagerVIC
- CCLead Generator - Software SolutionsNSW