Seagate’s Solid State Hybrid Drives (SSHD) have been around for a while. They are 2.5-inch form-factor mechanical hard disks but with an extra-large portion of ‘intelligent’ solid-state memory which, under the right circumstances, give SSD-like perf...
PC Components - Reviews
Hail to the new king of graphics cards, baby. Nvidia's GeForce GTX 1080 proves that the jump to 16nm GPU technology is as mind-blowing as we'd all hoped it would be.
Microsoft's Universal Foldable Keyboard is a full-sized keyboard that folds in half, is resistant to spills and has a quoted battery life of three months.
Nvidia's new GeForce GTX 950 delivers a better-than-consoles gaming experience for just $150.
Rapoo's thin, E9090P wireless keyboard features a touchpad on the right side, making it a good model to consider if you want to control a media centre computer from the comfort of your lounge. It adds a bit of convenience that we haven't seen in othe...
Mechanical keyboards have a completely different feel to the membrane-based board that may have been supplied with your computer. And depending on the type of mechanical keyboard you buy, that will feel different to other mechanical keyboards. It's a...
The Kone series of mice fall in the upper range of Roccat’s product portfolio, and variations include the regular Kone Pure, the Kone Pure Colour, and the Kone Pure Optical. For this review, we’ll look at the basic version of Kone Pure, which lacks t...
Roccat Ryos MK Pro carries over the design elements of the Isku FX and replaces the membrane with mechanical keys. The Isku FX stood out for its affordability, but the addition of mechanical keys to the Ryos MK Pro has essentially doubled the price. ...
AMD has always been a bit of a fan favourite among the system builder crowd, thanks mainly to value for money parts, and the fact that it is seen as being an underdog these days, and everyone loves an underdog. With the release of the A10-7800 APU (a...
The Cooler Master CM Storm Mech is a high-end mechanical keyboard for haedcore gamers -- especially for those involved in eSports.
Logitech’s latest wireless gaming mouse has 8 customisable extra buttons (11 buttons total) for those PC games that like to bind half the keys on the keyboard to various in-game functions.
Logitech’s Z600 speaker system offers Bluetooth connectivity laptops and mobile devices, and includes a USB adapter for older, Bluetooth-less PCs.
Armaggeddon [sic] is not a brand that is too well known within the gaming community, but it’s one that is pushing hard into the market. Established in late 2011 in Singapore, Armaggeddon has already introduced several PC gaming peripherals in the spa...
Danish peripheral manufacturer, SteelSeries, has several lines of gaming-focused headphones, and the Flux line is at the upper end of the scale. The regular Flux headset comes with different colour options, but if you want a more premium look you can...
A basic optical mouse may be fine for the casual gamer playing Solitaire on their PC, but it simply will not cut it with modern games that demand precision and responsiveness.
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Acer Swift 7
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Lexar® Portable SSD
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Google Daydream VR headset
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Huawei Mate 9
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Surface Pro 4
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 3 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
- 4 Panasonic Blu-ray recorder PVR set-top box review
- 5 Garmin Fenix Chronos fitness tracker smartwatch review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Future Intel CPUs could be cobbled together using different parts
- Intel digs deep to keep Moore's Law alive
- MIT researchers set out to create self-assembling chips
- Micron to ship Intel Optane competitor later this year
- Intel Optane Memory has a mission: Make hard drives faster than SSDs
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- Subaru XV 2017 review
- Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- FTChief Security OfficerNSW
- CCServiceNow Specialist - Administration and DevelopmentVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst- Data GovernanceNSW
- CCSofware Developer/Architect - Media and telco Network Operations - MelbourneVIC
- CCProduct Design AnalystNSW
- FTCCTV Sales & SupportNSW
- FTJunior Applications SupportACT
- FTInfrastructure EngineerQLD
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Forecasting SASNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystSA
- FTLevel 3 Systems EngineerNSW
- FTChange ManagerNSW
- TPSolution Architect - Integration - Bespoke ProjectQLD
- FTSenior Change Analyst/ Change ManagerNSW
- FTService Desk Operations AnalystNSW
- FTSystem EngineersVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTICT Security AnalystQLD
- FTSenior Business Analyst - MifidVIC
- FTDatabase DeveloperQLD
- CCApplication Support Specialist- Bathurst or Port MacquarieNSW
- CCEnterprise/Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTMarketing Specialist (B2B Sales)NSW
- CCIT Project Scheduler- Port MacquarieNSW