A basic optical mouse may be fine for the casual gamer playing Solitaire on their PC, but it simply will not cut it with modern games that demand precision and responsiveness.
High-end graphics cards are a niche market; gamers who want the best of the best are a picky bunch, and are equally likely to buy two better-value mid-range cards and team them up rather than opt for a single high-powered slice of silicon. The GTX 78...
The Sensei is a premium gaming mouse with lots of customisation options, and even a built-in ARM processor. But are all its bells and whistles really necessary?
The Rapoo 6610 is a travel-sized optical mouse that has the distinguishing feature of supporting both Bluetooth 3.0 and a proprietary 2.4GHz wireless dongle. That’s its one and only distinguishing feature – it’s fortunate such a setup is rare, or thi...
A hardcore gamer knows that mechanical switch-based keyboards are the way to go when it comes to PC gaming, but they are often too expensive and too noisy for more casual gamers. Membrane-based keyboards such as the SteeelSeries Apex are a good alter...
With a strong design, large wrist rest and gold-plated plugs, the 7G has the premium hardware to match the premium price tag. It's designed to last a long time, and it was noticeably rugged during our tests. It should be suitable not only for typical...
Left-handed gamers have a tendency to miss out on gaming mice, as they often feature an asymmetrical design that fits in the hands of right-handed users. The Sensei [RAW] is a symmetrical mouse, which means both left- and right-handed users can make ...
German peripheral manufacturer Roccat has made a name for itself in gaming circles for its robust keyboards and mice, and the Isku FX is the latest addition to its keyboard portfolio. At a glance, the Isku FX features multicolour backlit keys and sta...
The just-announced Nvidia GTX 770 is the next step down in the company’s constantly-updated graphics card line-up. It sits below the Titan and the new GTX 780, but doesn’t trade off much performance for the massive price drop it enjoys.
Top-of-the-line graphics cards usually come out first in a company’s annual launch cycle -- they’re the fastest, the biggest and the most powerful. AMD’s Radeon 7990 is out a full year after the first of the company’s 7000-series graphics cards -- so...
As Gigabyte demonstrated with the Aivia Krypton gaming mouse, it is keen to get a foothold in the gaming space with its premium range of peripherals. Acting as a companion to the mouse, Gigabyte’s Aivia Osmium is a mechanical keyboard aimed at gaming...
The mouse is one of the most important tools when it comes to PC gaming, so it is surprising when people spend thousands of dollars upgrading their rig only to use a generic mouse. Gigabyte, brand familiar to all gamers, has released the Aivia Krypto...
On the surface, the Logitech Washable Keyboard K310 sounds like a great idea. With so much dust and dirt regularly falling between the gaps on keyboards, it would make life easier to just throw your keyboard under a running tap and wash it away.
Choosing components when you’re building a new PC is a tricky business. Upgrading an existing PC, or building a new PC without buying top-of-the-line kit, is even trickier. AMD’s new Radeon HD 7790 graphics card is aimed at providing the best perform...
The ASUS ARES II is a high-end graphics card designed for multi-screen gamers, serious overclockers or anyone with too much money to throw around. It’s based on AMD’s Radeon 7970 premium graphics chipset, but instead of using one core, it’s got two -...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Total War: Warhammer DirectX 12 performance preview: Radeon reigns supreme
- Radeon Polaris GPU and Bristol Ridge APU should be featured by AMD at Computex
- Google's Tensor Processing Unit said to advance Moore's Law seven years into the future
- Confirmed by Nvidia: Official GeForce GTX 1070 tech specifications leak
- Rumours are true: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 officially supports only 2-way SLI setups
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSOE SpecialistACT
- FTGeospatial Support AnalystQLD
- FTPeoplesoft CRM DeveloperWA
- CCProject Manager/Iteration ManagerVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst or Information AnalystNSW
- CCChange Manager- Success Factors/HCMNSW
- CCChange manager/Change LeadNSW
- CCProgram Business AnalystVIC
- FTImplementation / Deployment Specialist- Web Sphere, ESB, IIBNSW
- FTTester/Business AnalystWA
- CCData Engineer | Real Time StreamingNSW
- CCSenior IT Security Specialist-SANS, ISC2, ISACA, ITILNSW
- CCProject Specialist Continuity AutomationVIC
- CCDelivery Manager - Integration SpaceVIC
- CCLMS Administrator and e- Learning Development Project OfficerSA
- CCData Center ArchitectNSW
- CCSystems Analyst (HTML/JAVA/Wireless & Mobile) 160525/SA/443Asia
- CCTechnical PM - Magento E-Commerce SolutionNSW
- CCBPM / Java DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Business AnalystVIC
- FTData Feeds Developer | Financial Services | C# & SQLNSW
- CCTechnical Business Analyst, SuperannuationNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst, Service Performance, RetailNSW
- FTPerformance Test AnalystNSW