If you want a Windows 10 PC that doesn't have an x86 chip from Intel or AMD, your wish will be granted in the fourth quarter.
A new user-created patch lets Kaby Lake and Ryzen PCs get updates on Windows 7 or 8—but it may be more trouble than it's worth.
Samsung is now ready to produce faster and even more power-efficient chips than the ones used in the latest Galaxy S8 smartphones.
If you have a PC running Windows 7 or 8.1 and the latest silicon from AMD or Intel, your updates are soon to be blocked.
With the Ryzen 5 1500X and Radeon RX 480, it's finally possible to build a compelling all-AMD gaming PC—and a 4-core, 8-thread computer that doesn't break the bank.
AMD's versatile Ryzen 5 1600X is the best mainstream processor you can buy, and the key to creating an all-around PC for work AND play without breaking the bank.
Dumping Moore's Law is perhaps the best thing that could happen to computers, as it'll hasten the move away from an aging architecture holding back hardware innovation.
The AMD Ryzen 5 1600X challenges Intel's popular Core i5-7600K for best $350 CPU. Here's what the benchmarks told us.
AMD's answer to Ryzen performance problems is the Ryzen Balanced power plan for Windows 10, which promises to boost speed by up to 21 percent.
Google released a paper Wednesday detailing the benefits of using its dedicated Tensor Processing Units for machine learning inference, and the results are staggering.
The PC industry has faithfully followed Moore’s Law since Gordon Moore first announced in 1965 that the density of transistors on a chip will double every year.
Intel is preparing for the future and making big changes in the way it designs chips
If you're expecting to buy laptops with Intel's next-generation Cannonlake chips by the end of this year, you may be disappointed.
AMD's optimization promise for Ryzen appears to be true. Oxide squeezed out about a third more performance from AMD's Ryzen CPUs
Intel could tap a new high-speed interconnect, known as EMIB, to join different chips together to make future CPUs.
The MSI PC World and Good Gear Guide Giveaway has launched and you have the chance to win one of 10 prize packs.
The total prize pack is valued at AU$150.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Qualcomm: First Windows 10 ARM PC coming in the fourth quarter
- User-created patch lets Kaby Lake and Ryzen PCs receive Windows 7 updates
- Samsung ready to make chips faster than the ones in Galaxy S8
- Microsoft blocks Kaby Lake and Ryzen PCs from Windows 7, 8 updates
- It's time to dump Moore's Law to advance computing, researcher says
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTCRM Technical Specialist (Oracle Eloqua)SA
- TPSenior .NET Developer (Angular or React)NSW
- CCTechnical Consutlant - Entry Level - HPSMACT
- CCBusiness Analyst - PegaNSW
- TPBusiness Analyst (BI Focus)WA
- TPSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCWindows System EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Network Security EngineerACT
- CCDocument ControllerNSW
- CCDevops Consultant - 12 month contractVIC
- FTSystem Administrator App-VACT
- TPAutomation TesterQLD
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- CCSolution DesignerVIC
- TPBusiness Analyst | DETQLD
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- TPSenior iOS EngineerNSW
- CCFull Stack Developers x4!QLD
- CCPMO AnalystVIC
- CCUser ResearchNSW
- FTInfrastructure Project Manager Office 365 ImplementationVIC
- FTChange ManagerNSW
- FTTester AnalystACT
- CCA/V OfficerNSW
- FTSenior Capacity Planner | Contract through till DecemberVIC