MSI says it has just what you need to keep your Skylake CPU from bending due to a monster cooling set-up: a metal frame.
Budget builders rejoice! Tech site Techspot confirms you can now overclock cheap Skylake chips with a BIOS update.
The company says its newest SoC has a 30 percent performance improvement over the Exynos 7 Octa.
Apple chose not to make the Pro's battery bigger to enhance its audio experience.
For smartphone watchers, the biggest issue will be if the 820 can leave the 810's overheating issues in the past.
Qualcomm says its chips will start appearing in devices next year
Intel has released new processors and free cloud services as part of its latest push to capitalize on the nascent Internet of Things market.
While AMD gets burned by the shrinking PC market, Intel has insulated itself by developing another business that's going gangbusters.
Intel rolled out a new motherboard at its developer conference that offers more power than a NUC, but less than the mini-ITX.
Intel's RealSense 3D camera is coming to smartphones, robots and even vending machines.
Intel is drumming up excitement for its upcoming chips code-named Skylake, showing the first tablet based on the architecture during a keynote at the Computex show in Taipei.
AMD has always been a bit of a fan favourite among the system builder crowd, thanks mainly to value for money parts, and the fact that it is seen as being an underdog these days, and everyone loves an underdog. With the release of the A10-7800 APU (accelerated processing unit), the company will definitely entice loyal enthusiasts, but it should also pique the interest of anyone looking to build a small and cost-effective all-round PC.
AMD has cornered the gaming market as Sony’s PS4 and the Xbox One use its processors. Now the company is taking advantage of this gaming experience with its Kaveri range of processors.
The Vivid festival will paint Sydney landmarks in dazzling light displays over its 18 day run. Many of the lightshows will showcase the potential of new Intel technologies as the chipmaker returns as an event partner for the fourth consecutive year.
At this year’s Intel Developer Forum in San Francisco, the company has announced the next iteration of its low-powered Atom processor family, codenamed Bay Trail. The new chips include a ‘Burst Technology’ feature analogous to the ‘Turbo Mode’ found on Intel’s mainstream Core i5 and i7 CPUs.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- MSI's CPU Guard aims to keep your Skylake chip from bending under pressure
- Yes, you can overclock cheap Intel Skylake chips
- Samsung unveils its next-generation chipset, the Exynos 8 Octa 8890
- iPad Pro teardown reveals easy battery replacement, but reduced battery life
- Qualcomm unveils the Snapdragon 820, promises faster performance and improved battery efficiency
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- FTTechnical Support Engineer, International SoftwareNSW
- CCSenior Agile Business AnalystVIC
- CCCitrix Systems EngineerNSW
- CCProject ManagerACT
- CCOracle Project OfficerSA
- FTSenior Consultant | Project work | National Systems IntegratorNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- FTProgram Test DirectorNSW
- CCBusiness and Financial AnalystACT
- FTTechnical WriterNSW
- CCICT Infrastructure Specialist - (Network Engineer)ACT
- CCSenior Systems Analyst (Biomedical)SA
- FTLinux AdministratorVIC
- CCMaster SchedulerVIC
- FTNetwork Engineer | NV1 NV2 clearance | Defence projects | Immediate interviewACT
- CCUser Experience Designer - BaselineACT
- FTNetwork Engineer | NV2 clearance | Defence projects | Immediate interviewACT
- FTPrincipal Business Analyst (SQL/SAS)NSW
- CCSharePoint EngineerACT
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Enterprise Software SolutionNSW
- CCContract Junior Programmer (JAVA/Mobile App) 160115/JP/vhaAsia
- CCJava DeveloperVIC
- CCSolution Architect - .NET environmentACT
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | Projects & BAU | Coastal Newcastle NSWWA