When introducing its new monster 72-core Xeon Phi chip, Intel couldn't help but take a swipe at graphics processors being sluggish for some tasks.
If your Mac isn't fast enough to edit 3D video, HP is providing a workaround to make it possible.
Colfax's new Ninja desktops are anything but invisible; the workstations can roar with the unprecedented computing power of Intel's latest 72-core supercomputing chips.
Global semiconductor sales look grim this year, per a Gartner report, as chipmakers ride downward with the declining PC, tablet, and phone businesses.
Intel's Core chips dominate PCs, but the company isn't giving up on its Pentium and Celeron brands.
It's (pretty much) official: Intel's next Core i7 will feature a whopping 10-cores.
AMD hopes to provide stiffer competition to Intel's Skylake with its new "7th Generation" processor for laptops and desktops.
Broadwell-E—and its rumored 10-core CPU—pops up on Intel’s support website.
IBM says it wants to make intelligent computers that can make decisions like humans. This week, it shipped the NS16e, its largest brain-inspired computer yet, and has big goals ahead.
MSI says it has just what you need to keep your Skylake CPU from bending due to a monster cooling set-up: a metal frame.
Budget builders rejoice! Tech site Techspot confirms you can now overclock cheap Skylake chips with a BIOS update.
The company says its newest SoC has a 30 percent performance improvement over the Exynos 7 Octa.
Apple chose not to make the Pro's battery bigger to enhance its audio experience.
For smartphone watchers, the biggest issue will be if the 820 can leave the 810's overheating issues in the past.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Intel pits monster 72-core Xeon Phi chip against GPUs
- HP wants to turn your Mac into a 44-core Windows PC
- New Ninja desktops roar with Intel's 72-core supercomputing chip
- Chipmakers share the pain as PC, tablet, and smartphone sales decline
- Next-gen Intel Pentium and Celeron chips are coming soon
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCData ArchitectSA
- CCTechnical Writer | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCField Network Engineer - GSM Networks.VIC
- FTLooking for a PEGA Developer with Baseline ClearanceVIC
- CCData Warehouse Specialist- Power BI, SSAS DBA, Azure, SQLNSW
- CCContract Junior Programmer (Java/J2EE/SQL) 160714/JP/707Asia
- CCIT Change Manager - Western SydneyNSW
- CCDynamics CRM DeveloperNSW
- FTProject Coordinator / AdministratorNSW
- FTSystems application support analystNSW
- CCProject Scheduler - IT Security ProgramNSW
- CCSenior Solutions Architect - Marketing and Distribution systemsNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - Toolset ReadinessNSW
- CCSAP Project Manager- HR/Payroll- Finance Systems IntegrationNSW
- CCLinux Systems AdministratorQLD
- CCLinux Systems AdministratorVIC
- CCNetwork EngineerVIC
- FTOracle Fusion Implementation ConsultantNSW
- FTIT Support Analyst (Renewal Contract)Asia
- FTContinuous delivery application deployment automation specialist (DevOps)NSW
- FTAndroid Technical Lead (Work From Home 2-3 Days)NSW
- FTSenior Software Developer (Full Stack)SA
- FTProduct Owner - MarketingNSW
- CCSr Business Analyst FI/CO, ERP, Procurement, Payroll, HR, SAPNSW