Qualcomm says its chips will start appearing in devices next year
PC Components - News
Intel has released new processors and free cloud services as part of its latest push to capitalize on the nascent Internet of Things market.
While AMD gets burned by the shrinking PC market, Intel has insulated itself by developing another business that's going gangbusters.
Intel rolled out a new motherboard at its developer conference that offers more power than a NUC, but less than the mini-ITX.
Intel's RealSense 3D camera is coming to smartphones, robots and even vending machines.
Intel's revenue and profit both dropped last quarter as people held off on buying new PCs ahead of the Windows 10 launch later this year.
A critical vulnerability affecting most Apple Mac models has been discovered that could enable attackers to overwrite firmware and gain persistent root access to computers.
Intel is drumming up excitement for its upcoming chips code-named Skylake, showing the first tablet based on the architecture during a keynote at the Computex show in Taipei.
When Oculus VR revealed the recommended PC specs for the forthcoming consumer release of its highly anticipated Oculus Rift virtual reality headset, the graphics card requirements were shockingly reasonable. Sure, the GeForce GTX 970 and Radeon R9 29...
If there's one thing tech market doesn't need, it's another standards cat fight. But you survived Firewire vs. USB, HD-DVD vs. Blu-ray, and RDRAM vs. DDR so get ready for the battle between Nvidia's G-Sync and AMD's FreeSync to kick into high gear.
Raspberry Pi has inspired many board computers, and Qualcomm is now offering one of its own with a range of features never before seen in the low-price end of the market.
Creative Labs has just announced the availability of a couple of new amplifier products for mobile devices and desktop computers that are designed for those of you who care about audio. It's a welcome return from the company that used to be front of ...
The battle for PC gaming's "sweet spot" has a new challenger. With the GeForce GTX 980 and 970 firmly in command of the premium graphics card market, Nvidia's setting its sights on the crucial 1080p enthusiast segment with the GTX 960, the first trul...
The artificial wall between Xbox players and PC gamers will get torn down with Microsoft's upcoming Windows 10, which allows streaming of Xbox One games to PCs and even lets gamers on the two disparate platforms play together.
With advances in chip technology, it's becoming more difficult for Intel to keep up with Moore's Law, but the company's CEO says that remains the key baseline when it comes to adding performance and functionality to its processors.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 3 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
- 5 Parrot Mambo Drone review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- AMD will sneak-peek its high-end Zen CPU in December, starting a new CPU war
- 5 burning questions about AMD's Zen chip
- Nvidia tempts GeForce Experience 3.0 users with Gears of War 4 giveaway
- Intel's latest Xeon chips based on Skylake due next year
- Intel packs more horsepower in its monster 22-core processor
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTDigital Delivery and Engagement OfficersVIC
- CCProject Manager DW BINSW
- FTSenior Network Engineer JUNIPERNSW
- FTProject Manager - Process Transformation / AutomationNSW
- FTProject Management - Infrastructure projectsACT
- CCMedical Imaging Solution ArchitectQLD
- FTTechnology Portfolio - Performance AnalystACT
- TPSolution ArchitectQLD
- CCSenior Security AnalystACT
- CCActive Directory EngineerNSW
- FTDevOps EngineerNSW
- CCCyber Security Analyst - TelcoVIC
- CCTechnical Business AnalystVIC
- FTField EngineerVIC
- CCTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / Kronos)ACT
- FTFull Stack PHP DeveloperQLD
- FTProject ManagerNSW
- CCInformation Security ConsultantNSW
- FTSenior Manager AnalyticsVIC
- FTSME Senior Financial Planner - MelbourneVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - Finance - CBDNSW
- CCSenior Technical LeadACT
- CCSenior Software Engineer / Architect (Network Technologies)NSW
- TPBusiness Systems AnalystQLD
- CCFinancial AnalystNSW