Intel Corp. said it plans to appeal last week's <a href="http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&articleId=9133018">European Commission decision to fine the company</a> for violating antitrust laws.
PC Components - News
Hynix Semiconductor plans to raise some much needed cash from a joint venture in China to assemble memory chips.
Appro's new HyperPower Cluster, announced Monday, mixes the processing power of CPUs and graphics processing units to tackle high-performance computing tasks.
The global DRAM industry continued to shrink in the first quarter of this year as revenue fell to an eight year low and losses mounted, according to preliminary figures released by Gartner on Monday.
Kobian, a Singapore based manufacturer of Mercury brand PC components announced the availability of their latest Mercury Mice Series with 1600dpi resolution optical engine. The Mercury RF760, RF730 and RF710 are powered by a G5 micro receiver that pl...
Gigabyte today announced that their entire range of Intel X58 chipset motherboards now officially support Nvidia SLI technology. According to a press release, users can enable Nvidia SLI support on their current motherboards with a simple BIOS upgrad...
The U.S. Federal Trade Commission has officially dropped its antitrust case against memory maker Rambus, after losing a U.S. Supreme Court case in February.
Dell on Friday announced an "ultra-light" server that will be powered by low-power processors designed for use in low-cost laptops.
At the CeBIT tech tradeshow in Sydney, Plantronics announced the release of its Savi Go and Savi Office communications headsets.
Antitrust regulators around the world, led chiefly by the European Commission, are testing the limits of the law in their pursuit of Intel and its practice of offering rebates to computer manufacturers and IT retailers, Intel Senior Vice President Br...
Intel Corp. said today it intends to appeal the European Commission's $1.44 billion fine for anticompetitive behavior in the chip market, with CEO Paul Otellini arguing that the EC "ignored or disregarded" evidence "refuting" its judgment.
Oracle's decision to acquire Sun Microsystems has created a larger market opportunity for Intel to put its Itanium chips into more enterprise servers, Intel CEO Paul Otellini said on Tuesday.
Intel on Tuesday said it was granting US$12 million over five years to Saarland University in Germany to research graphics technologies.
After five quarters of declining market share, Advanced Micro Devices gained ground in chip shipments over chief rival Intel during the first quarter of 2009, IDC said on Tuesday.
The European Commission is expected to make one of the most significant antitrust decisions in its history on Wednesday when it punishes computer chip-maker Intel for stifling competition from smaller rivals.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- AMD will sneak-peek its high-end Zen CPU in December, starting a new CPU war
- 5 burning questions about AMD's Zen chip
- Nvidia tempts GeForce Experience 3.0 users with Gears of War 4 giveaway
- Intel's latest Xeon chips based on Skylake due next year
- Intel packs more horsepower in its monster 22-core processor
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- FTSenior Java EngineerACT
- FTTechnical Consultant MS Dynamics AXNSW
- FTInformation Security ManagerNSW
- CCAAA DeveloperNSW
- CCOracle R12 Functional ConsultantSA
- FTFront End DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness Project ManagerNSW
- CCeLearning Support Officer - Moodle/Google appsACT
- FTMS Exchange System Engineer l PowerShell l Message LabsNSW
- CCDevops EngineerVIC
- FTService Delivery Manager - EnterpriseACT
- CCICT Strategy ConsultantNSW
- TPSenior Test Analyst - TAFEQLD
- TPSQL Server DeveloperNSW
- CCCapacity and Performance Analyst - Mainframe - Z SystemsVIC
- TPDrupal Developer - Immediate startQLD
- CCSenior Agile Business AnalystNSW
- FTNetIQ Development & SupportNSW
- TPSenior Network EngineerNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCMicrosoft Active Directory ArchitectACT
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Systems AdministratorWA
- CCBig Data Developer - Government - 12 Month Contract - SydneyNSW