Oracle's decision to acquire Sun Microsystems has created a larger market opportunity for Intel to put its Itanium chips into more enterprise servers, Intel CEO Paul Otellini said on Tuesday.
Intel on Tuesday said it was granting US$12 million over five years to Saarland University in Germany to research graphics technologies.
After five quarters of declining market share, Advanced Micro Devices gained ground in chip shipments over chief rival Intel during the first quarter of 2009, IDC said on Tuesday.
The European Commission is expected to make one of the most significant antitrust decisions in its history on Wednesday when it punishes computer chip-maker Intel for stifling competition from smaller rivals.
Intel plans to stop selling one of its high-end desktop chips this year, less than one year after it was released, the company confirmed Thursday.
Advanced Micro Devices on Wednesday announced it was consolidating the operations of disparate business units in the company.
Intel's Atom processor is starting to find its way into some types of servers, bringing a new low-power option for end-users but raising a potential business challenge for Intel.
Blade servers based on microprocessors designed in China will power a supercomputer prototype to be revealed by a government-backed Chinese firm in September, the company said Tuesday.
Taiwan's five largest DRAM makers reported massive losses in a slew of earnings reports filed late Thursday evening, raising questions about how much longer some of them can remain afloat without direct government aid.
Via Technologies may try to extend the use of its Nano processors from netbooks to servers in a potential challenge to Intel and Advanced Micro Devices, although the battle will be an uphill one, analysts said.
ATI Technologies Inc.'s new Radeon HD 4770 graphics processor launched earlier this week, receiving plaudits for incorporating cutting-edge technology at a ground-breaking price.
A year after buying low-power processor designer PA Semi, Apple is looking for yet more chip design expertise.
Graphics chip shipments fell during the first quarter this year, but could stabilize later this year as people look to upgrade PCs with new operating systems, a research firm said in a study released on Tuesday.
Intel has launched two new motherboards for small form factor notebooks and desktops.
Advanced Micro Devices has pulled dual-core server processors from its product lineup, also cutting prices of some Opteron chips by close to 43 percent.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Add 8TB storage to Chromebooks, Raspberry Pi 3 with external Seagate hub
- Asus and MSI accused of juicing GeForce GTX 1080 graphics card review samples
- Intel pits monster 72-core Xeon Phi chip against GPUs
- Dell claims its external graphics card tech beats Thunderbolt 3 options
- Radeon RX 470 and RX 460 graphics cards intensify AMD's affordable gaming push
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCUX DesignersQLD
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Canberra | Major exciting White Paper projectsACT
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- FTEnvironment ManagerVIC
- CCBusiness Impact AssessmentsVIC
- FTSenior Manager Practice LeadNSW
- CCTelecommunications Operations Support officerACT
- CCScrum Master with Java development backgroundACT
- CCRuby on Rails DeveloperNSW
- CCSAP ABAP - Senior developerVIC
- CCIT Assistant (Lotus Notes/Technical Support) 160616/ITA/991Asia
- FTSolution Architect - Data/ InformationVIC
- CCUrgent requirement for a Splunk SMEVIC
- FTSenior Architect, TechnologyNSW
- CCSAP PI/PO ConsultantVIC
- CC.net DeveloperACT
- CCAnalyst Programmer - C# FocusNSW
- CCProject Master SchedulerVIC
- CCSystems Engineer / Applications Scripting DeveloperSA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160617/AP/623Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java/Oracle) 160603/AP/vmpAsia
- CCSenior Applications SpecialistQLD
- CCSAP Financial Master DataACT
- FTTechnical Services ManagerACT
- FTBusiness AnalystNSW