Intel's Atom processor is starting to find its way into some types of servers, bringing a new low-power option for end-users but raising a potential business challenge for Intel.
Blade servers based on microprocessors designed in China will power a supercomputer prototype to be revealed by a government-backed Chinese firm in September, the company said Tuesday.
Taiwan's five largest DRAM makers reported massive losses in a slew of earnings reports filed late Thursday evening, raising questions about how much longer some of them can remain afloat without direct government aid.
Via Technologies may try to extend the use of its Nano processors from netbooks to servers in a potential challenge to Intel and Advanced Micro Devices, although the battle will be an uphill one, analysts said.
ATI Technologies Inc.'s new Radeon HD 4770 graphics processor launched earlier this week, receiving plaudits for incorporating cutting-edge technology at a ground-breaking price.
A year after buying low-power processor designer PA Semi, Apple is looking for yet more chip design expertise.
Graphics chip shipments fell during the first quarter this year, but could stabilize later this year as people look to upgrade PCs with new operating systems, a research firm said in a study released on Tuesday.
Intel has launched two new motherboards for small form factor notebooks and desktops.
Advanced Micro Devices has pulled dual-core server processors from its product lineup, also cutting prices of some Opteron chips by close to 43 percent.
The U.S. government is beginning to spend billions of dollars quickly to stimulate the economy. And that may be why Advance Micro Devices Inc. (AMD) said this week it is releasing its <a href="http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=vi...
AMD announced that XFX is now an official AMD technology partner, joining the group of AMD add-in-board (AIB) partners. XFX plans to provide new products based on the award-winning ATI Radeon HD 4000 series GPUs to consumers, beginning in 2009.
Advanced Micro Devices Inc. last week said it will release a six-core Opteron processor in June, five months ahead of schedule. And it detailed plans to add chips supporting up to 12 cores next year and 16 in 2011.
Japanese chip makers NEC Electronics and Renesas Technology have entered merger discussions, they said Monday.
Months after the issue first surfaced, Hewlett-Packard notebook owners continue to complain about defective Nvidia graphics cards that could cause laptops to fail.
Toshiba plans to begin shipping from the middle of this year flash memory chips that are more tightly packed than current models and will make possible even smaller gadgets.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Corsair's K70 RGP Rapidfire features new gaming-focused Cherry MX switches
- The Asus ROG GT51CA has a weird ROG Band wearable that unlocks a hidden hard drive
- HP wants to turn your Mac into a 44-core Windows PC
- New Ninja desktops roar with Intel's 72-core supercomputing chip
- Chipmakers share the pain as PC, tablet, and smartphone sales decline
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTTechnical/Team Lead - .NetNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Data ManagementNSW
- CCChange Lead/Senior Change Analyst - Transformation projectNSW
- CCUser Experience ExpertVIC
- CCSAP BW developerVIC
- FTSystem testersACT
- FTSystem EngineerACT
- CCFull Stack Developer - Java - Blue Chip CompanyNSW
- CCJava Developer- 12 month contractNSW
- FTSenior iOS DeveloperNSW
- CCInfra Project Manager-Data Center, Cloud, Storage, NetworkNSW
- FTFront End DeveloperSA
- CCSr. Iteration ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Oracle DBA- Part time 20 hoursWA
- CCBusiness Analyst - master data managementACT
- FTLevel 2 IT Field Systems Engineer/Administrator - Multiple opportunitiesNSW
- CCSenior Master Data OfficerNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerVIC
- CCInstructional DesignerQLD
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- CCOrganisational Change ManagerVIC
- CCHi-Portfolio ConsultantNSW
- CCInfrastructure Solution Designer - Oracle Exadata/ExalogicVIC
- FTTechnical Lead (Guidewire Policy Center)NSW