New York Attorney General Andrew Cuomo has filed a federal antitrust lawsuit against microprocessor maker Intel, alleging that the company engaged in a "systematic campaign" of illegal conduct to protect a monopoly.
New York's antitrust suit filed against Intel Corp. today, coupled with previous antitrust actions and lawsuits, could give rivals like Advanced Micro Devices Inc. room to pick up some steam in the processor business. New York Attorney General Andrew...
Intel expanded its chip shipment lead over Advanced Micro Devices during the third quarter as the rivals battle for larger market share, according to a survey released by Mercury Research on Tuesday.
Via launched its fastest netbook processors to date as part of a new lineup of chips that also draw less power, the company said on Tuesday.
Some Windows 7 users are complaining on an Apple discussion forum that they can’t sync their iPhones to their new PCs.
Acer executives have grumbled about the performance of Intel's processors for thin and light laptops but suggested that faster chips are coming early next year.
Microsoft has long said, and we have reminded users, that DirectX 11 is not just a Windows 7 technology. The company promised that DirectX 11 will be available for Vista around the same time as the release of its latest and greatest operating system.
Intel has pulled a firmware upgrade it released on Monday for its X25-M consumer solid-state drives as users complained that the software caused crashes.
Intel and Numonyx B.V. announced a breakthrough in the development of phase-change memory today that has the potential to allow developers to stack multiple layers of chips atop each other, thereby greatly increasing the density of the nonvolatile me...
Asustek Computer unveiled its first supercomputer on Monday, the desktop computer-sized ESC 1000, which uses Nvidia graphics processors to attain speeds up to 1.1 teraflops.
Tilera on Monday announced new general-purpose CPUs, including a 100-core chip, as it tries to make its way into the server market dominated by Intel and Advanced Micro Devices.
The U.S. Federal Trade Commission is moving toward opening a formal complaint against Intel, according to a news report published on Friday.
The DRAM industry in the second and third quarters of 2009 posted the strongest sequential growth in revenue and pricing seen in at least five years, according to market research firm iSuppli. The record sales figures indicate that the market recover...
In the wide field of microprocessors, some chips have stood out for the influence they've had technologically, culturally, and economically. They aren't necessarily the most successful, the best selling, or the most powerful, but they each started an...
The global economy may not be robust, but the PC and chip sectors are hoping to gain some ground with the help of Microsoft's Windows 7 OS, which will start shipping on Thursday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Apple recalls AC wall plug adapters
- CES 2016: Top 10 trends
- Intel's Skylake vPro chips will support Windows 7 after all
- Kogan forced to pay $32,400 penalty by ACCC
- Android Auto coming to 40 car models this year
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTApplication Support AnalystVIC
- FTSoftware Developer - Ruby on RailsNSW
- CCEXCEL Guru / Data AdministratorNSW
- FTChange & Communications OfficerQLD
- CCWeb Content WriterSA
- CCPortfolio-Program SchedulerNSW
- FTAxway API DeveloperNSW
- CCData AnalystNSW
- FTChange LeadNSW
- CCImmediate iOS Developer RequiredNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystWA
- FTManager, Portfolio GovernanceNSW
- CCPython Web Developer - DevOPS EnvironmentVIC
- CCProject Scheduler / Project Manager - IT InfrastructureNSW
- FTLogistics Systems ManagerNSW
- CCCitrix Systems EngineerNSW
- FTJunior Project Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- FTSecurity ArchitectWA
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | $60-90K package | Northern BeachesNSW
- CCEnterprise Architect - Network & InfrastructureNSW
- CCData Stage DeveloperNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst / Scrum MasterNSW
- FTProject Manager | Permanent position | NV1 NV2 cleared | Defence | Great cultureACT
- CCSAP CRM Specialist- ABAPACT
- CCSenior Change Analyst - Multiple RolesVIC