Executives at Advanced Micro Devices this week said they are hoping that the company's new 40-nanometer graphics processing units will be in full by the end of the month.
In good news for the semiconductor industry, IDC today reported that worldwide computer chip shipments skyrocketed in the third quarter.
Intel's Atom processor, which is used in netbooks, helped PC microprocessor makers sell record numbers of chips during the third quarter, although the overall value of the market fell, according to market researcher IDC.
New York Attorney General Andrew Cuomo filed federal antitrust charges against Intel this week, with the U.S. Federal Trade Commission expected to follow suit. Security problems yet again snagged a lot of IT headline attention, including news about y...
An offshore Advanced Micro Devices Inc. foundry is having trouble ramping up on production of a new 40-nanometer graphics processing unit, forcing PC makers to delay shipments of desktop and laptop computers, AMD confirmed today.
China plans to hold a robot Olympics next June with events including combat, dancing and track and field, state-run media said late Wednesday.
Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing (TSMC) has won a major victory over China's biggest chip maker in a court case that could have wide ranging implications for the loser.
New York Attorney General Andrew Cuomo's decision to file an antitrust lawsuit against Intel doesn't make sense, with prices for microprocessors falling sharply in recent years, said some critics.
New York Attorney General Andrew Cuomo has filed a federal antitrust lawsuit against microprocessor maker Intel, alleging that the company engaged in a "systematic campaign" of illegal conduct to protect a monopoly.
New York's antitrust suit filed against Intel Corp. today, coupled with previous antitrust actions and lawsuits, could give rivals like Advanced Micro Devices Inc. room to pick up some steam in the processor business. New York Attorney General Andrew...
Intel expanded its chip shipment lead over Advanced Micro Devices during the third quarter as the rivals battle for larger market share, according to a survey released by Mercury Research on Tuesday.
Via launched its fastest netbook processors to date as part of a new lineup of chips that also draw less power, the company said on Tuesday.
Some Windows 7 users are complaining on an Apple discussion forum that they can’t sync their iPhones to their new PCs.
Acer executives have grumbled about the performance of Intel's processors for thin and light laptops but suggested that faster chips are coming early next year.
Microsoft has long said, and we have reminded users, that DirectX 11 is not just a Windows 7 technology. The company promised that DirectX 11 will be available for Vista around the same time as the release of its latest and greatest operating system.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Audi TT (2015) review: A smarter take on the sports coupe
- 2 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
- 3 Samsung SUHD smart TV (JS9500) review
- 4 Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge review: Return to Glory
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S6 (32GB) review: Simply, the best Samsung Galaxy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Hands-on with AMD's FreeSync: The technology that could kill Nvidia's G-Sync
- Qualcomm's Raspberry Pi-like computer has wireless capabilities
- Windows 10 powers up PC gaming with DirectX 12, native DVR, deep Xbox integration
- As Moore's Law approaches 50, Intel battling to keep up
- Samsung's UHD Monitor covers 99.5 per cent of Adobe colour spectrum
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDigital Marketing Executive | GamingNSW
- FTSenior Digital B2B Sales Manager | Household BrandNSW
- FTSenior SQL DBANSW
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- FTSenior Sales Executive X 3 World Leading Music Streaming PlatformNSW
- FTKey Account ManagerNSW
- FTSENIOR FORMS ANALYST (13767)QLD
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- FTSMB Direct Sales Account Executive | Largest Global Online MarketplaceNSW