PC makers including Dell and Fujitsu have introduced netbooks based on Intel's latest Atom processor that are smaller and offer battery lives in excess of seven hours, the companies said on Monday.
Intel unveiled a trio of new Atom processors and a new chipset today. The new Intel chips will enable hardware vendors to create smaller, cooler, more power efficient netbooks and nettops (the desktop equivalent of a netbook).
Intel on Monday launched its next-generation Atom netbook processor, saying it will bring longer battery life and improved system performance to low-cost laptops.
Although Mac clone maker Psystar has turned off the lights at its Web site, the firm is not shutting down permanently, the company's lawyer said today.
After a turbulent first half this year, Intel's business is looking up and expected to improve as PC shipments rise, a company executive said on Thursday.
Intel on Thursday introduced its next-generation of PC chips that could make laptops and desktops faster and more power efficient.
Nvidia is set to launch its new Tegra chips that should go into devices like netbooks and smartphones early next year, a company executive said.
ORIGIN, a new custom PC manufacturer founded by ex-Alienware executives, has unveiled its first pair of gaming systems: the GENESIS PC desktop and EON18 laptop.
The antitrust lawsuit filed today by the U.S. Federal Trade Commission's against Intel Corp. could turn out to be a great Christmas present for Advanced Micro Devices Inc. and Nvidia Corp.
The U.S. Federal Trade Commission has filed an antitrust-related lawsuit against Intel, charging the world's largest computer chip maker with illegally using its dominant market position to stifle competition and strengthen its monopoly for a decade.
Toshiba has announced a new 64GB flash memory module, which the company claims is the highest-capacity flash module in the industry. The new 64GB NAND flash module is just 30 micrometers thin, packs a dedicated controller, and contains sixteen 32Gbit...
Netbooks could offer longer battery life and better system performance when Intel launches its second generation of Atom processors, which are due to start shipping soon.
While rumors are swirling around the Internet that Intel is looking to buy rival chips maker Nvidia, analysts say it's nothing but talk and bluster.
If you spend half your day in Gmail, as I do, then you're probably up for just about anything that can help you manage mail more quickly. The Gboard promises to do just that, so I jumped at the chance to give it a spin.
While Intel nurses a self-inflicted wound after pulling the plug on its long-anticipated Larrabee graphics chip, analysts said rivals AMD and Nvidia need to make hay with the extra time they've been given.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Total War: Warhammer DirectX 12 performance preview: Radeon reigns supreme
- Radeon Polaris GPU and Bristol Ridge APU should be featured by AMD at Computex
- Google's Tensor Processing Unit said to advance Moore's Law seven years into the future
- Confirmed by Nvidia: Official GeForce GTX 1070 tech specifications leak
- Rumours are true: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 officially supports only 2-way SLI setups
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Australian Systems Integrator - Immediate interviewNSW
- CCFront end and Full Stack DevelopersNSW
- CCSenior iOS DeveloperNSW
- FTIT Support - Level 1NSW
- CCSr. Windows Server Administrator- Financial Institution BckgNSW
- FTHadoop Operation EngineerNSW
- FTTester/Business AnalystWA
- CCProject ManagerACT
- FTDevOps SpecialistVIC
- CCIT Assistant (Office Automation/Windows) 160517/ITA/884Asia
- CCScrum MasterACT
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Contributions TaxNSW
- FTStorage SpecialistVIC
- CCiOS Developer x 2NSW
- CCOpen Source Specialist / Senior ConsultantQLD
- CCService Desk analystSA
- FTManaging Security ConsultantQLD
- FTSecurity Software EngineerACT
- CCSenior Change AnalystNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCQA OfficerACT
- FTFunctional Business Analyst Dynamic AXNSW
- CCMultiple .Net DevelopersNSW
- CCChange manager/Change LeadNSW