Intel, looking to be a leader in the green energy movement, is getting ready to begin construction on eight solar power installations in separate facilities in four states.
Samsung Electronics, the world's biggest TV brand and memory chip maker, forecast explosive growth in 3D TV sales and memory chips this year, during its fourth quarter investors conference on Friday.
Disappointed at the slow speeds of your old Intel processor? An overclocker at XtremeLabs.org reports getting the clock speed of a 3.06GHz Celeron processor up to a blistering 8.20GHz, setting a new world record in the process.
Apple's A4 chip, being used in the iPad, could ultimately provide a speed bump to future versions of the company's iPhone, analysts said on Thursday.
Shipments of graphics chips worldwide went up in 2009 and could rise again this year as the PC industry emerges from the recession and consumers open up wallets, Jon Peddie Research said in a study on Tuesday.
AMD launched five new processors today, expanding its Phenom II and Athlon II lines with chips geared towards the budget-conscious Windows 7 user.
Advanced Micro Devices gained share in worldwide processor shipments at the expense of rival Intel during the fourth quarter of 2009, IDC said in a study released on Tuesday.
With Advanced Micro Devices back on its financial feet after 13 grueling quarters in the red, industry watchers are looking for the chip maker to dust itself off and plot a course for the next few years.
Rambus' agreement to settle legal claims with Samsung Electronics could accelerate deals that could help new memory technology being developed by Rambus get to market faster, analysts said.
Advanced Micro Devices reached profitability for the first time in three years during the fourth quarter of 2009, benefiting from a legal settlement with Intel and a change in its business model, the company said on Thursday.
No one should be surprised that the big action in the CPU market this year will be in the mobile and low-power processor segments.
Taiwan's biggest DRAM maker, Nanya Technology, reported its first net profit in nearly three years on Wednesday, as DRAM prices rose and demand remained strong in the fourth quarter of last year.
Samsung Electronics and Rambus on Tuesday announced they had settled outstanding claims over licensing, which should net Rambus more than US$700 million over the next five years.
Mobile broadband comes in different flavors, and the options are growing. Users can connect to the Internet through 3G networks, but now WiMax capabilities are being added to many laptops. WiMax (Worldwide Interoperability for Microwave Access) is a ...
Mesh Computers has launched what it claims is the world's first commercially available DirectX 11 (DX11) laptop.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Nvidia's GeForce GTX 1080 launches with limited stock, no custom-cooled variants
- Total War: Warhammer DirectX 12 performance preview: Radeon reigns supreme
- Radeon Polaris GPU and Bristol Ridge APU should be featured by AMD at Computex
- Google's Tensor Processing Unit said to advance Moore's Law seven years into the future
- Confirmed by Nvidia: Official GeForce GTX 1070 tech specifications leak
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSenior Systems EngineerACT
- CCProject ManagerACT
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCOracle Applications Team LeadNSW
- CCTest Analyst / Test LeadNSW
- CCSenior Automation & Performance EngineerVIC
- CCMobility SpcialistACT
- FTIT Support - Level 1NSW
- CCOpen Source Specialist / Senior ConsultantQLD
- CCSystems Engineer - NV2ACT
- CCBusiness Intelligence (BI) AnalystQLD
- FTSenior Technical Lead - Java and .NetNSW
- CCAWS Developer/LeadNSW
- FTVMWare Infrastructure EngineerVIC
- CCService Provider Manager - DesktopVIC
- FTPeopleSoft Finance Functional ConsultantNSW
- FTSenior Programmer (Data Engineering)NSW
- CCExcel DeveloperVIC
- CCTechnical WriterACT
- CCMultiple .Net DevelopersNSW
- CCProject Manager/Iteration ManagerVIC
- FTTester/Business AnalystWA
- CCData Engineer (Java, Scala, Scripting, Hadoop, Spark)NSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (IT Application/.Net) 160523/AP/254Asia
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Marketing SystemsNSW