Nvidia essentially killed off 3- and 4-way SLI multi-GPU support with its GeForce GTX 1080 and 1070, but AMD's keeping CrossFire support alive and kicking. Ish.
Seagate's packing an 8TB hard drive in its new external Backup Plus Hub, which can be hooked up to a Raspberry Pi 3 or Chromebooks for expanded storage.
EVGA says it doesn't cheat reviewers by sending out tweaked graphics cards.
When introducing its new monster 72-core Xeon Phi chip, Intel couldn't help but take a swipe at graphics processors being sluggish for some tasks.
Intel's Broadwell-E sets a new standard with its 10 cores' worth of horsepower. It'd better be fast, for the price you'll pay.
Dell is working to improve its Alienware Graphics Amplifier to support faster speeds.
After making a big splash with the US$200 Radeon RX 480's reveal, AMD's giving us a glimpse of the rest of the Polaris family.
Intel let slips the timeline for its upcoming Optane line of SSDs that will blur the line between storage and memory by offering performance that has 1,000 times the endurance of NAND flash and is in some cases up to 1,000 times faster.
The first generation of eGPUs had proprietary connectors that limited their reach. A new crop of models with Thunderbolt 3/USB Type-C could help eGPUs become a viable product.
Sandisk announced two main products at Computex but it was the prototype that was exciting.
OCZ was bought by Toshiba back in 2014 but the dual brand products are still a way off arriving in Australia (and the rest of the APAC region).
Intel says it will consistently deliver 10 to 20 percent performance improvements with chips made with the 10-nanometer and 7-nanometer manufacturing processes.
To keep you from tripping up on cables, MSI has built a laptop into a backpack for virtual reality gaming.
Microsoft has opened up the platform behind its HoloLens augmented reality device, inviting partners to build their own products in different form factors and at different price points.
When the combined armies of Zorg are firing photon weapons at you, 5 kilograms doesn't seem like much.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- AMD packs 1TB SSD into a GPU for better VR and gaming
- AMD's new SSG Technology blends an SSD with a GPU?!
- AMD's Radeon Pro WX GPUs can create VR content for under $1,000
- Nvidia's latest Quadro GPU delivers a blistering 12 teraflops of performance
- Gaming desktops with AMD Zen chips will be hard to come by this year
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCDirector - Technical Upgrade Program- Data migration, InfraNSW
- FTJDE DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Project OfficerACT
- FTSenior Architect, Marketing and Campaign ManagementNSW
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperSA
- CCSenior Business Analyst with Product Management experienceVIC
- CCIOS DeveloperWA
- CCSenior Systems SpecialistNSW
- CCIT/Telco Graduate | 12mth ContractVIC
- FTBusiness Intelligence - Policy and Governance ManagerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160726/AP/186Asia
- CCTest Manager - Baseline SecurityVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE) 160721/AP/075Asia
- FTSenior Technical ConsultantVIC
- CCHelpdesk OfficersNSW
- FTChange and Release ManagerVIC
- CCSales Support Associate - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CC.Net DeveloperNSW
- CCAccounts Reconciliation Officer/ AdministratorNSW
- CCCRM Technical Consultant / DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Business Process AnalystNSW
- CCPortfolio AnalystVIC
- CCOracle Pl/SQL DeveloperNSW
- CCPre-Sales Consulting Business AnalystVIC