AMD for the first time is placing a solid-state drive in a new graphics card in an effort to squeeze every ounce of horsepower out of GPUs for better virtual reality and gaming experiences.
PC Components - News
Apple's decision to use the FirePro professional GPU in its Mac Pro line was a signature win for AMD; otherwise, it is getting crushed by Nvidia in the workstation market.
Nvidia keeps upping the performance with each new GPU based on the Pascal architecture. Its latest, the Quadro P6000, can deliver 12 teraflops of single-precision performance, a teraflop more than the Titan X unveiled just last week.
If you're expecting widespread availability of gaming desktops with AMD's Zen chips by year end, don't hold your breath.
The new Titan X based on Nvidia's cutting-edge Pascal GPU may be the first graphics card capable of no-compromise 60fps gaming at 4K resolution.
Seagate brings back the Barracuda Pro with 10TB of storage and 7,200rpm speed.
Nvidia GeForce and AMD Radeon graphics cards go head-to-head in the first major DirectX 12 benchmark tool, 3DMark's Time Spy.
Days before the launch of the GeForce GTX 1060, Nvidia's launching software to support it: VR Funhouse and the Ansel screenshot tool.
After testing Radeon Crimson 16.7.1, the driver rushed out to address the Radeon RX 480's power issues, all we can say is AMD nailed it.
If you picked up a Radeon RX 480 reference edition graphics card, you'll want to pick up Radeon Crimson 16.7.1 ASAP.
The GeForce GTX 1060 is Nvidia's answer to AMD's Radeon RX 480, which redefined what a $200 graphics card can do.
The Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070 Mini ITX OC graphics card delivers Titan X-beating power in an ultra-tiny form factor.
AMD's $200 Radeon RX 480 draws much more power than it should through your motherboard, which could damage low-end systems.
The Radeon RX 480 democratizes the pixel
Nvidia essentially killed off 3- and 4-way SLI multi-GPU support with its GeForce GTX 1080 and 1070, but AMD's keeping CrossFire support alive and kicking. Ish.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 2 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 3 Parrot Mambo Drone review
- 4 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 5 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- AMD drops Radeon RX 460, RX 470 prices ahead of Nvidia's GeForce GTX 1050 launch
- Samsung releases super-high-capacity 8GB DRAM
- Nvidia's GeForce GTX 1050 and GTX 1050 Ti can give prebuilt PCs a big gaming boost
- Tested: Shadow Warrior 2 sees huge performance boosts from Nvidia's multi-res shading
- AMD quietly scuttles Gaming Evolved, the Radeon rival to GeForce Experience
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- TV buying guide: What to look for when buying a TV in 2016
- Best iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus plans: Optus vs Telstra vs Vodafone vs Virgin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCTechnology TrainerNSW
- CCSenior Security AnalystVIC
- FTSOE ArchitectNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCAccounts Payable/Contract Officer- NSW Government backgroundNSW
- FTProject ManagerSA
- CCSenior Test AnalystQLD
- CCSenior Technical SpecialistVIC
- CCFront End Developer - Mid LevelNSW
- CCProgress DeveloperQLD
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Margin ProjectsNSW
- CCAutomation Test AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Developer - C++/Perl/PythonNSW
- FTDirector Data AnalyticsACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (IT Security) 161018/AP/383Asia
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- CCData Centre EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager (Marketing Automation)NSW
- CCPOS EngineerNSW
- FTCapacity PlannerNSW
- FTNetwork Support SpecialistACT
- CCSolution DesignerVIC
- FTAX Functional ConsultantNSW
- FTRelease CoordinatorACT