The settlement reached today by Advanced Micro Devices Inc. (AMD) and Intel may not simply resolve some of the business issues the two companies have had; it might even encourage them to cooperate on some shared technical issues, say analysts. In fac...
If chip makers competed on the basis of code names rather than products then Advanced Micro Devices might have beaten Intel a long time ago.
For once, Intel knows how it feels to be the underdog.
This morning, Intel has just unveiled its newest mobile processor. Surprise! Okay, not really. We've heard about this chip for what feels like ages. Well, today we're gonna tell you how a Core i7 laptop performs in initial tests.
The wait is over -- Microsoft’s latest API (application programming interface), DirectX 11, has arrived on both Vista and Windows 7. With it comes a host of exciting new features for PC gamers and multimedia enthusiasts. In short, DirectX 11 enables ...
It seems as if we've been writing about USB 3.0 forever, but it has really been only about two years since Intel and other parties formed a promotional group for USB 3.0 in 2007. The spec was completed in November 2008, at which time the standard's b...
Intel's two new Core i7 CPUs (860 and 870) are mid-range counterparts to its top-of-the-line Core i7 900-series chips, and initial tests (using Intel's new DP55KG motherboard) indicate their performance follows suit. Our early tests also show the new...
No so long ago, the computer geek was confined to the back rooms and basements of companies everywhere.
Pick up some great gear for bargain prices
The Pitch: Our ultimate set-top box/high-def DVR is a home theater PC that's quiet and turns on in seconds. (That's not an impossible dream either: Microsoft has thought about it, and ASrock has motherboards that use an advanced standby state to boot...
There's something special about installing what is arguably one of the fastest, most sophisticated solid-state disk (SSD) drives in your average Dell laptop. It's a little like stuffing a big-block V8 into a Chevy Chevette -- you get amazing performa...
Innovations in voice and speech technologies may make the mouse obsolete, but we've seen plenty of innovations in the way we use our hand to provide input for our PCs.
Last week, Gigabyte held its Open Overclocking Championship (GO OC) in Taipei, Taiwan. The world's best overclockers battled it out during a grueling five hour competition. Check out the following slide show for screenshots of the event and its cham...
How do you make a terrible thing even worse? If you're a crook who operates a botnet -- an often-expansive network of malware-infected PCs -- you link botnets together to form a gargantuan "botnetweb." And you do it in a way that's hard for an antivi...
Without a doubt, the desktop PC is falling out of favor as the world gravitates to equally powerful laptops and ultraportables. But some people out there will never turn in their towers of power
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
- 2 Samsung SUHD smart TV (JS9500) review
- 3 Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge review: Return to Glory
- 4 Samsung Galaxy S6 (32GB) review: Simply, the best Samsung Galaxy
- 5 LG 55-inch curved OLED (55EC930T) TV review: The future of OLED is bright
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Hands-on with AMD's FreeSync: The technology that could kill Nvidia's G-Sync
- Qualcomm's Raspberry Pi-like computer has wireless capabilities
- Windows 10 powers up PC gaming with DirectX 12, native DVR, deep Xbox integration
- As Moore's Law approaches 50, Intel battling to keep up
- Samsung's UHD Monitor covers 99.5 per cent of Adobe colour spectrum
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSenior Digital B2B Sales Manager | Household BrandNSW
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- FTSenior SQL DBANSW
- FTSENIOR FORMS ANALYST (13767)QLD
- FTSMB Direct Sales Account Executive | Largest Global Online MarketplaceNSW
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- FTApplication Security SpecialistNSW
- FTSenior Sales Executive X 3 World Leading Music Streaming PlatformNSW
- FTKey Account ManagerNSW