Windows 7 is doing much better out of the gate than Windows Vista did. As good as the OS roll out is going, there are still legacy devices out there that don't have drivers and software updates to work with Windows 7. The vast masses of users who hav...
Notebooks - Tutorials
Last week I told you how to migrate to Windows 7 at your own pace--there's no need to jump into the deep end right away. Now that you've got Windows 7 up and running on your newly partitioned, dual-boot PC, it's time for the next big step in any OS m...
Windows 7 comes as a significant performance improvement over its predecessor, Windows Vista.
While the easiest way to install Windows 7 on a netbook is by booting from an external DVD drive, it’s probably not worth spending $100 on a drive that you won’t use more than a few times. It’s much more economical to use a 4GB USB key, which will on...
The other day I told you how to add a TV tuner to your PC so you can record shows, TiVo-style. That's easy enough, but what about copying those recordings to your iPod or iPhone?
One of my longstanding complaints with Windows Media Center (which for the most part I love) is its lack of support for playlists.
When we're trying to concentrate, there's nothing more irritating than a noisy, overheating computer. Follow our tips to get a quiet life and save energy in the process.
LCD monitors contain millions of pixels, each one composed of three subpixels: red, blue, and green. When all three are on, a pixel looks white. Other combinations create other colors. A pixel can become stuck showing one hue. But you can fix this.
Don Homan's hard drive crashed the day after his laptop's warranty expired. What should he do?
Picking a laptop can be a complicated ordeal that amounts to balancing features against portability against price -- and with Windows 7 on the way, the choice gets tricker. Here are some tips for purchasing a notebook computer that will work well wit...
If you're a general computer user, and you buy Windows 7 Professional, you are a sucker.
Windows 7 adds some new keyboard shortcuts to the mix, all of them based on the Windows key. Here are my favorites:
Utter the word “firmware” to the average PC user, and you'll likely elicit a blank stare in return.
Most modern desktops and laptops have power to spare, but netbooks are notoriously pokey. Consequently, you should turn off any operating-system features that can make your Lilliputian PC even slower.
Widescreen monitors are great for watching movies and organizing windows side-by-side, but a lot of time the space goes to waste. This week I've got a great tip that's particularly applicable to laptop and netbook users: Move the Windows taskbar to t...
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Google Daydream VR headset
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Acer Swift 7
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Lexar® Portable SSD
Huawei Mate 9
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Surface Pro 4
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Everything we think we know about Samsung’s Galaxy Tab S3
- Lenovo's ThinkPad P71 will work with HTC, Oculus VR headsets
- Lenovo's Yoga A12 Android 2-in-1 has futuristic touch panel keyboard
- In PC comeback, ARM will battle Intel in Chromebooks and Windows 10
- Dell: Mainstream laptops with wireless charging are still years away
PCW Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- Horizon Zero Dawn review
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Japan's pop culture, anime-friendly, J-Pop shrine, Kanda Myojin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSenior Software Engineer x 2 - Adelaide Based (PV, NV2 or NV1 required)NSW
- TPMaster SchedulerNSW
- FTLife/400 Resource - PermanentNSW
- CCProject Manager - Telco Networks EngineeringVIC
- FTSenior C++ EngineerACT
- TPMicrosoft Dynamics DeveloperNSW
- CCTest AnalystQLD
- FTIT Information Security AdvisorNSW
- TPUI/UX ConsultantWA
- FTOnline Solutions AnalystNSW
- FTSupport Analyst / Production Support - InformaticaNSW
- FTLevel 2 Technical Support OfficerQLD
- FTSenior Business AnalystVIC
- FTCitrix EngineerNSW
- FTBid ManagerVIC
- CCDeployment EngineerSA
- TPPerformance Test Analyst - Perth BasedQLD
- TPBI & Report Developer (SQL Developer)QLD
- FTSolutions Software DeveloperVIC
- CCGIS Developer - GeocortexWA
- TPOracle Consultant - CC&BQLD
- FTService Desk Analyst / Security EngineerQLD
- CCSME in Openstack, AWSNSW
- CCIT Infrastructure ArchitectNSW
- CCDesktop Engineer l WollongongNSW