Last week I told you how to migrate to Windows 7 at your own pace--there's no need to jump into the deep end right away. Now that you've got Windows 7 up and running on your newly partitioned, dual-boot PC, it's time for the next big step in any OS m...
Windows 7 comes as a significant performance improvement over its predecessor, Windows Vista.
While the easiest way to install Windows 7 on a netbook is by booting from an external DVD drive, it’s probably not worth spending $100 on a drive that you won’t use more than a few times. It’s much more economical to use a 4GB USB key, which will on...
The other day I told you how to add a TV tuner to your PC so you can record shows, TiVo-style. That's easy enough, but what about copying those recordings to your iPod or iPhone?
One of my longstanding complaints with Windows Media Center (which for the most part I love) is its lack of support for playlists.
When we're trying to concentrate, there's nothing more irritating than a noisy, overheating computer. Follow our tips to get a quiet life and save energy in the process.
LCD monitors contain millions of pixels, each one composed of three subpixels: red, blue, and green. When all three are on, a pixel looks white. Other combinations create other colors. A pixel can become stuck showing one hue. But you can fix this.
Don Homan's hard drive crashed the day after his laptop's warranty expired. What should he do?
Picking a laptop can be a complicated ordeal that amounts to balancing features against portability against price -- and with Windows 7 on the way, the choice gets tricker. Here are some tips for purchasing a notebook computer that will work well wit...
If you're a general computer user, and you buy Windows 7 Professional, you are a sucker.
Windows 7 adds some new keyboard shortcuts to the mix, all of them based on the Windows key. Here are my favorites:
Utter the word “firmware” to the average PC user, and you'll likely elicit a blank stare in return.
Most modern desktops and laptops have power to spare, but netbooks are notoriously pokey. Consequently, you should turn off any operating-system features that can make your Lilliputian PC even slower.
Widescreen monitors are great for watching movies and organizing windows side-by-side, but a lot of time the space goes to waste. This week I've got a great tip that's particularly applicable to laptop and netbook users: Move the Windows taskbar to t...
Want fine-grained control over the firewall built into Windows 7 and Windows Vista--especially the way it blocks outbound connections? Good luck. Even if you manage to unearth the controls buried deep in Windows menus and applications, you'll be baff...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 2 LED Lenser P7R Professional Torch review
- 3 Aftershokz Wireless Trekz Titanium Bone Conduction Bluetooth Headphones review
- 4 Review: Periscope users rejoice with Feiyu’s G4 Plus 3-Axis Gimbal for Smartphone video
- 5 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Why my older Chromebook has a right to live, even if Google says it's over
- A Surface all-in-one PC may lead a Microsoft hardware refresh in October
- Hands-on with Asus ROG G752 and GeForce GTX 1070 (or holy crap this thing is fast!)
- Surface Pro 3's massive battery drain is a software problem, Microsoft says
- Early Android app support rolls out to two more Chromebooks
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCNetwork and Security EngineerNSW
- CCTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / Kronos)NSW
- CCSolutions ArchitectACT
- CCSoftware TesterACT
- CCLAN ConsultantWA
- FTIT Pre-Sales EngineerSA
- FTMDM EngineerNSW
- CCFull Stack Application Developer - IoT projectsVIC
- FTTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / ARIBA)NSW
- CCNetwork Design Specialist - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- FTTechnical Support Engineer | Cloud | Automation techsNSW
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- FTTechnical Business Analyst | Marketing ServicesNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Telecom ProjectNSW
- FTTest SpecialistSA
- FTNetwork and Security Design EngineerNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst with change management experienceACT
- FTInfrastructure Solutions ArchitectACT
- CCProgram Manager - Data InsightVIC
- CCVideo Conference Support Officer- VoIP, LAN, WAN, RemedyNSW
- CCPMO AnalystNSW
- CCIT Security ArchitectACT
- CCContract Junior Programmer (J2EE/SQL) 160927/JP/551Asia
- CCData Analyst | Data Management Framework | Experience in RNSW