Windows 7 is doing much better out of the gate than Windows Vista did. As good as the OS roll out is going, there are still legacy devices out there that don't have drivers and software updates to work with Windows 7. The vast masses of users who hav...
Notebooks - Tutorials
Last week I told you how to migrate to Windows 7 at your own pace--there's no need to jump into the deep end right away. Now that you've got Windows 7 up and running on your newly partitioned, dual-boot PC, it's time for the next big step in any OS m...
Windows 7 comes as a significant performance improvement over its predecessor, Windows Vista.
While the easiest way to install Windows 7 on a netbook is by booting from an external DVD drive, it’s probably not worth spending $100 on a drive that you won’t use more than a few times. It’s much more economical to use a 4GB USB key, which will on...
The other day I told you how to add a TV tuner to your PC so you can record shows, TiVo-style. That's easy enough, but what about copying those recordings to your iPod or iPhone?
One of my longstanding complaints with Windows Media Center (which for the most part I love) is its lack of support for playlists.
When we're trying to concentrate, there's nothing more irritating than a noisy, overheating computer. Follow our tips to get a quiet life and save energy in the process.
LCD monitors contain millions of pixels, each one composed of three subpixels: red, blue, and green. When all three are on, a pixel looks white. Other combinations create other colors. A pixel can become stuck showing one hue. But you can fix this.
Don Homan's hard drive crashed the day after his laptop's warranty expired. What should he do?
Picking a laptop can be a complicated ordeal that amounts to balancing features against portability against price -- and with Windows 7 on the way, the choice gets tricker. Here are some tips for purchasing a notebook computer that will work well wit...
If you're a general computer user, and you buy Windows 7 Professional, you are a sucker.
Windows 7 adds some new keyboard shortcuts to the mix, all of them based on the Windows key. Here are my favorites:
Utter the word “firmware” to the average PC user, and you'll likely elicit a blank stare in return.
Most modern desktops and laptops have power to spare, but netbooks are notoriously pokey. Consequently, you should turn off any operating-system features that can make your Lilliputian PC even slower.
Widescreen monitors are great for watching movies and organizing windows side-by-side, but a lot of time the space goes to waste. This week I've got a great tip that's particularly applicable to laptop and netbook users: Move the Windows taskbar to t...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 3 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
- 5 Parrot Mambo Drone review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- SSD adoption in laptops exceeds expectations
- Apple will refund you for your iMac hinge repair costs
- MacBook Pro teardown reveals pointless speaker grilles and hard-to-replace Touch Bar
- Apple leads tablet sales, but the iPad Pro is not its best seller
- Latest MacBook Pro price reset resembles shift to Retina in 2012
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCOBIEE/ Oracle BI Analyst- Informatica & DACNSW
- FTLicensing SpecialistVIC
- FTDevOps/L2 Support EngineerVIC
- CCIngres DeveloperQLD
- FTSolution Architect - Application IntegrationQLD
- FTService Lifecycle Management LeadVIC
- FTCampaign AnalystVIC
- CCJava Application Developer - BaselineACT
- FTSolution Architect - PHPACT
- CCSoftware TesterNSW
- CCSenior Platform Developer/ArchitectNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Reporting, Excel and AutoCAD experienceNSW
- CCSystems Administrator :SCCMWA
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- CCSenior UX DesignerNSW
- CCSolution Designer - MulesoftVIC
- CCSiebel Developers x 8NSW
- FTDevOps EngineerNSW
- TPSharePoint Designer / DeveloperQLD
- CCOracle SOA DeveloperNSW
- FTHead of User ResearchNSW
- TPPrincipal Project ManagerQLD
- FTBusiness Systems Analyst | Travel IndustryQLD
- CCProject Manager - Cyber SecurityNSW