I'm a big fan of Windows 7's Libraries feature, which makes it easy to find the documents, music, pictures, and videos scattered across various locations on your hard drive.
Notebooks - Tutorials
Say hello to my little friend. AutoHotkey is a small utility that can accomplish big things. It's one of the best ways I know to make your PC work exactly the way you want it to.
Windows 7 comes with a pretty good migration tool--certainly better than the XP or Vista versions--but it's not perfect. I won't give you step-by-step instructions (it's very intuitive and you don't need them), but I'll help you through the major dec...
We love our gadgets, but sometimes they frustrate us, especially if they're slow. There's nothing worse than PCs that have lost their pep, or slow network connections and sluggish smartphones.
Raul Maristany wants to add WiFi to an aging laptop. Is it possible? If the laptop has a PC card slot, it should be able to take a wireless PC card.
Following my advice in Dual-Boot with Windows 7, Dale Bevan set up a dual boot with Windows 7. He now wants to remove the new OS and stick with the old one. I've already explained how to remove the old version of Windows, but Dale wants to keep that ...
One of the most-talked about changes in Microsoft's Windows 7 is how it handles media files. The methods for photo and video importing, editing, and exporting have been all updated. You have new options for sharing and streaming files between compute...
Small, light and extremely portable, netbooks are ideal for computing on the move. But deciding which mini laptop is best for you isn't an easy task - particularly when every choice demands a trade-off.
Windows 7 has the same core code as Windows Vista, right? So application compatibility should be a non-issue, right?
Have you already tried Chrome OS using a virtual machine, and were less than impressed? Well now you can get a feel for how Google's Web-centric operating system will run natively on your machine. T
Marsha Naylor wants a way to access her old Outlook Express and Windows Mail messages in Windows 7.
In my early computing days (I'm talking Commodore Amiga here), I grew accustomed to file managers that used a side-by-side approach: Your complete file system was represented in two adjoining windows. That made it very easy to move or copy files and ...
Installing Windows 7 while keeping an older version of the operating system is a great idea if you have enough spare hard drive space. It allows you to move to the new OS without burning your bridges.
Just got your hands on Windows 7 and want to bend it to your will? No problem. We've got plenty of tips, hacks and secrets to keep you busy for a long time, including automatically opening Windows Explorer to a folder of your choice, speeding up task...
A41202813 asked the Answer Line forum why his once quick PC is slowing down
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Dell: Mainstream laptops with wireless charging are still years away
- SSD adoption in laptops exceeds expectations
- Apple will refund you for your iMac hinge repair costs
- MacBook Pro teardown reveals pointless speaker grilles and hard-to-replace Touch Bar
- Apple leads tablet sales, but the iPad Pro is not its best seller
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- CCSolution Lead/ArchitectVIC
- CCMultiple Infrastructure ArchitectsWA
- FTIT Procurement AdvisorQLD
- FTEnterprise Account ManagerACT
- FTLinux EngineerNSW
- TPPrincipal Business Analyst - DAFFQLD
- CCDevOps Lead - Agile/AWSVIC
- FTSenior Project Manager - Permanent OpportunityNSW
- FTTSM SpecialistNSW
- FTSenior Drupal DeveloperNSW
- CCWebMethod DeveloperQLD
- FTTechnical Support RepresentativeNSW
- TPSenior PMO AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Technical Specialist - AIXVIC
- TPInfrastructure ArchitectVIC
- CCSenior Full-stack .Net DeveloperNSW
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- CCFIS Connex Developer (Brisbane Based)NSW
- FTTest Analyst - HealthcareVIC
- CCSenior C++ Software EngineerWA
- CCIT Support AnalystVIC
- TPOrganisational Change Manager | CommunitiesQLD
- CCSenior Developer - Appian/PegaVIC