When Windows 8 finally comes out in October, there will be many new types of notebooks on the market that will be able to take advantage of the new operating system's touch features. There will be plenty of notebook styles to choose from, and we're starting to get a glimpse of what some of the manufacturers will be offering.
Samsung has taken the wraps off its premier Sydney 'experience store', only a block from the glass-fronted Apple store on George Street.
Microsoft’s new metro-style Start screen is getting all the buzz, but for IT administrators there are many new network-related features and changes in both Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012 to be aware of.
15 Products Google Has Killed
With demand for Apple products seemingly at an all-time high in Australia, the company behind the wildly popular iPhone, iPad and MacBook products unveiled another dedicated Apple Story in Sydney's Broadway district.
We unbox Apple's latest creation, the impressive MacBook Pro with Retina display.
Apple unveiled an updated MacBook line, more Mountain Lion features, iOS 6, and a smarter Siri. Here are some photos and recaps of Monday's WWDC keynote.
Apple rolled out major upgrades for both of its main notebooks today at WWDC. Here’s a quick look at the new MacBook Pro and MacBook Air.
The ASUS G75VW Republic of Gamers laptop is designed for users who want a portable gaming machine with attitude! It has a quality build that feels really solid and it sports a third generation Intel Core i7 (Ivy Bridge) CPU.
Acer is the first vendor so far to come out with a 15in Ultrabook that also uses discrete graphics; and they're not just any old graphics either. The Aspire Timeline Ultra M3 uses a brand spanking new NVIDIA GeForce GT 640M graphics adapter that can even handle the likes of Battlefield 3. You could say it's a gamers Ultrabook!
Tech companies are out in force at CeBIT Australia 2012, showing off everything from desktops and laptops to printers, storage and networking products.
Here are eight ways that you can customise your installation of Windows 8 Consumer Preview.
HP's new EliteBook Folio 9470m is a 14in Ultrabook designed for business users. It features docking capabilities, integrated mobile broadband and it ships with what HP claims is a "full set of EliteBook business software and anti-virus protection".
HP's ENVY Spectre XT has an all-metal design and is said to be only 14.5mm thick. It features a third generation Intel Core i5 CPU, 4GB of DDR3 SDRAM, a 13.3in screen, a 128GB solid state drive (SSD) and a weight of about 1.4kg.
Nano-transistors powering big gains in power, efficiency
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 2 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 3 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 4 Ford Focus ST (2015) review: Absolutely mental styling, engine, handling
- 5 LG 65-inch UHD TV (65UF950T) review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Deals on Good Gear Guide
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Surface Pro 4 on sale at Microsoft's Sydney store on November 12
- Microsoft enters the notebook market with Surface Book
- As Microsoft focuses on mobile, Windows 10 will be key
- Microsoft to live-stream Tuesday's Surface Pro 4, Lumia event
- What we expect from Microsoft's massive device launch: new Surfaces, Lumias, and Band
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDatabase Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTField EngineerNSW
- FTLevel 2 IT Support TechnicianVIC
- FTSenior Consultant | Project work | National Systems IntegratorVIC
- CCWeb / Drupal DeveloperNSW
- FTAccount Manager | Music IndustryNSW
- CCMilitary simulation programmer with C# and Unity - 3 monthsNSW
- FTProduct Marketing ManagerNSW
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web Application DeveloperNSW
- FTAccount Manager | Client Side - Previous Agency Experience Welcome!!NSW
- FTLinux Administrator with AWS & DevopsNSW
- FTBusiness Development & Account ManagementNSW
- FTSystems Administrator | National commercial law firm | MS, AWS & eDiscoveryNSW
- FT1st & 2nd level IT support all-rounder in beautiful rural BathurstNSW
- FTSenior Account Manager - PR AgencyNSW
- FTSystems Administrator - Managed ServicesNSW
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- FTDigital ManagerNSW
- FTSales SpecialistNSW
- FTManual Test Engineer | Financial Institution | Web testingNSW