Chromebooks represent a new type of laptop that's designed to be simple. Here's our round-up of all the models that we've reviewed.
Notebooks - Roundups
With the gift-buying season well and truly in full swing, it's a great time to buy a new computer and, in particular, a new hybrid-type Ultrabook that runs Windows 8. The new hybrids that we've reviewed recently offer touchscreen input in addition to...
Don't know what to buy your dad this Father's Day? Let PC World Australia help find you the best Father's Day gift. From Google's excellent Nexus 7 tablet to Bowers & Wilkins stylish P3 headphones, we've found something for every type of father!
If you want a powerful laptop so that you can breeze through your school work, then one equipped with an Intel Core i7 CPU, lots of RAM, a discrete graphics card and a large hard drive is a good idea.
The Ultrabook has been hatched in an effort to make thin and light computers more prominent in the marketplace. It's an initiative by Intel that challenges hardware companies to come up with MacBook Air-like designs for Windows users and so far there...
Ultrabooks are the new netbooks in terms of products that vendors are now trying to push. Barely any new netbooks were released in 2011 and it seems most vendors are not willing to make any more of the small and basic models that were only good for W...
We reviewed 78 laptops in 2011 (and there is a handful more still in the editorial pipeline at the time of writing). They ranged from small and smart AMD Fusion-based models, to big and bold desktop replacements and workstations.
Ditching your bulky and space-hogging PC for a notebook doesn't have to mean that you also give up on fast performance.
While thin-and-light computing may be getting more mainstream, especially with the success of laptops such as the MacBook Air, the most popular laptop size in Australia is still 15.6 inches. We've gathered ten of our top rated 15.6in models in this r...
Our top rated this month is headed by the Toshiba Tecra R850, which has a wonderful combination of design, performance, battery life and price. It's one of the best 15.6in units we've seen in a while. Lenovo's reliable Thinkpad T420 comes in after it...
There's no doubt that Apple's MacBook Air is the ultraportable laptop of choice for many people. However, at the top of our top rated list is its main challenger: Samsung Series 9. It's slim, light, a joy to use, it has good speed and connectivity fe...
There's no doubt that 2001 has been the year of the ultraportable. We've seen some excellent models from Samsung, Lenovo and Toshiba to date; these represent the high end of the market. But we've also seen some great sub-$1000 ultraportables.
For many people, a business laptop can be practically any laptop as long as its reasonably fast and has enough ports. However, bona fide business laptops have a lot more to them than typical mainstream laptops.
With Intel's Second Generation Core CPUs starting to get a foothold in the Australian market, and AMD's Fusion offering some very interesting low-cost ultraportables, there has never been a better time than now to purchase a new laptop.
AMD Fusion netbooks are a step up from traditional netbooks, which are based on Intel Atom CPUs. The AMD Fusion APU (accelerated processing unit) supplies more overall speed for office and Web applications than an Intel-based netbook, and not only th...
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Smart LED Bulb LB130
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Acer Swift 7
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Lexar® Portable SSD
Google Daydream VR headset
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Huawei Mate 9
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Dell XPS 13 laptop
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Surface Pro 4
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Everything we think we know about Samsung’s Galaxy Tab S3
- Lenovo's ThinkPad P71 will work with HTC, Oculus VR headsets
- Lenovo's Yoga A12 Android 2-in-1 has futuristic touch panel keyboard
- In PC comeback, ARM will battle Intel in Chromebooks and Windows 10
- Dell: Mainstream laptops with wireless charging are still years away
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Japan's pop culture, anime-friendly, J-Pop shrine, Kanda Myojin
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCTechnical Support AnalystACT
- CCFront End DeveloperNSW
- TPWinforms DevelopersWA
- FTIT Project Coordinator - Mascot/AlexandriaNSW
- FTSAP BOBJ ConsultantACT
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCIT Procurement OfficerNSW
- FTSolutions Software DeveloperVIC
- FTDynamics AX Functional Consultant (Supply Chain Modules)QLD
- FTSalesforce AdministratorQLD
- FTProject Manager (Software product development)VIC
- TPProject OfficerQLD
- CCSenior Storage System Engineer -NetApp & TSMNSW
- FTSenior Java DeveloperNSW
- FTOnline Solutions AnalystNSW
- FTStorage Solution ArchitectVIC
- CCService Designer (CX)NSW
- CCSOA Oracle DeveloperNSW
- FTHRIS ConsultantQLD
- FTBusiness Development Manager - IT SolutionsNSW
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Database AdministratorVIC
- TPJava DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior Information Security ConsultantQLD
- FTEnterprise Architect l Practice Manager - Archimate 3.0, eTOMNSW