Chromebooks represent a new type of laptop that's designed to be simple. Here's our round-up of all the models that we've reviewed.
With the gift-buying season well and truly in full swing, it's a great time to buy a new computer and, in particular, a new hybrid-type Ultrabook that runs Windows 8. The new hybrids that we've reviewed recently offer touchscreen input in addition to...
Don't know what to buy your dad this Father's Day? Let PC World Australia help find you the best Father's Day gift. From Google's excellent Nexus 7 tablet to Bowers & Wilkins stylish P3 headphones, we've found something for every type of father!
If you want a powerful laptop so that you can breeze through your school work, then one equipped with an Intel Core i7 CPU, lots of RAM, a discrete graphics card and a large hard drive is a good idea.
The Ultrabook has been hatched in an effort to make thin and light computers more prominent in the marketplace. It's an initiative by Intel that challenges hardware companies to come up with MacBook Air-like designs for Windows users and so far there...
Ultrabooks are the new netbooks in terms of products that vendors are now trying to push. Barely any new netbooks were released in 2011 and it seems most vendors are not willing to make any more of the small and basic models that were only good for W...
We reviewed 78 laptops in 2011 (and there is a handful more still in the editorial pipeline at the time of writing). They ranged from small and smart AMD Fusion-based models, to big and bold desktop replacements and workstations.
Ditching your bulky and space-hogging PC for a notebook doesn't have to mean that you also give up on fast performance.
While thin-and-light computing may be getting more mainstream, especially with the success of laptops such as the MacBook Air, the most popular laptop size in Australia is still 15.6 inches. We've gathered ten of our top rated 15.6in models in this r...
Our top rated this month is headed by the Toshiba Tecra R850, which has a wonderful combination of design, performance, battery life and price. It's one of the best 15.6in units we've seen in a while. Lenovo's reliable Thinkpad T420 comes in after it...
There's no doubt that Apple's MacBook Air is the ultraportable laptop of choice for many people. However, at the top of our top rated list is its main challenger: Samsung Series 9. It's slim, light, a joy to use, it has good speed and connectivity fe...
There's no doubt that 2001 has been the year of the ultraportable. We've seen some excellent models from Samsung, Lenovo and Toshiba to date; these represent the high end of the market. But we've also seen some great sub-$1000 ultraportables.
For many people, a business laptop can be practically any laptop as long as its reasonably fast and has enough ports. However, bona fide business laptops have a lot more to them than typical mainstream laptops.
With Intel's Second Generation Core CPUs starting to get a foothold in the Australian market, and AMD's Fusion offering some very interesting low-cost ultraportables, there has never been a better time than now to purchase a new laptop.
AMD Fusion netbooks are a step up from traditional netbooks, which are based on Intel Atom CPUs. The AMD Fusion APU (accelerated processing unit) supplies more overall speed for office and Web applications than an Intel-based netbook, and not only th...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Asus ROG teases a massive gaming notebook that outperforms Titan X
- Chromebooks beat Mac notebooks 1.4-to-1 in U.S.
- Guess how much HP sold its gold- and diamond-encrusted laptops for?
- No Play Store for old Chromebooks
- Google is bringing Android apps to Chromebooks
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSenior Java Developer / Technical LeadACT
- CCSenior Automation & Performance EngineerVIC
- CCMobility SpcialistACT
- CCProject Manager - Healthcare DomainSA
- CCIT Security Consultant -NSW
- CCMicrosoft System Engineer - NV1ACT
- CCTechnical WriterACT
- FTInfrastructure Specialist VMwareNSW
- CCSkilled Sitecore / .NET DeveloperNSW
- FTFront End DeveloperACT
- FTWeb DeveloperSA
- CCChange Manager - SAP FinanceNSW
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- CCTechnical Digital Producer / Requirements EngineerNSW
- CCProject CoordinatorACT
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Technical LeadACT
- CCTransition Manager / Project ManagerQLD
- CCWeb DeveloperACT
- CCTransition Project ManagerNSW
- FTCloud ArchitectAsia
- CCRelease Manager, InfrastructureNSW
- CCSolutions Architect - Enterprise ApplicationsNSW
- CCDevOps EngineerNSW
- FTAX Lead Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCDelivery Manager - Integration SpaceVIC