HP has been on a bit of a roll recently in the land of business laptops, with products such as the ZBook 14 and the EliteBook Revolve 810 G2 being a little different from the norm and catering to power users and hybrid seekers, respectively. The 14in...
Lenovo’s IdeaPad Yoga 2 Pro is an Ultrabook with a set of special hinges that allow the screen to tilt all the way over. Because of these hinges, you can switch from a laptop to a tablet with a minimum of fuss, despite the 13.3in size of the unit. Fu...
Acer’s C720P is essentially the same Chrombook as the C720 that we reviewed back in November 2013, but it adds a touchscreen to the mix. It’s claimed by Acer to the first Chromebook with a touchscreen, and, if nothing else, it gives the C720P better ...
The HP Pavilion x360 is a device with a hybrid purpose: you can use it as a regular laptop, or you can tilt its screen all the way around and turn the laptop into a tablet. It's a neat solution to the 2-in-1 problem, mainly because there is no need t...
The Acer TravelMate P645 may be a 14in Ultrabook, but you could be forgiven for thinking that it’s a 13.3in model at first glance. It has a slight build that ensures it’s not bulky or heavy, and it features clean lines and a thin screen bezel, which ...
We took a brief look at the HP Chromebook 14 late last year. It's one of the models that the vendor is actively pushing in the education sector. The reasons for this are because it runs the simple Chrome OS operating system, which basically relies on...
Medion has now moved into the realm of 2-in-1 hybrid products, offering a new Akoya (P2212T) laptop that can act as both a Windows 8.1 tablet and as a notebook thanks to a removable keyboard base. It’s an 11.6in device with a familiar look and feel a...
It has been a while since we’ve seen a hybrid notebook with a conventional design, but HP’s 11.6-inch EliteBook Revolve 810 G2 Tablet harks back to the days when tablet-convertible PCs had central hinges and screens spun around on the chassis. In a w...
Acer has released a version of its C720 Chromebook that has a touchscreen. The C720P-2600 Chromebook offers 10-point multi-touch screen, and its purpose is to give you a more interactive way of using the Chrome OS-based sub-notebook, if not for curre...
The HP Spectre 13 Pro Ultrabook is blessed with good looks, high-quality construction, and a configuration that allows it to perform well under most office-style scenarios. It’s a fourth-generation Intel Core i7-based unit, but its slight frame doesn...
First things first: the Aorus X7 Gaming laptop is simply stunning to look at. It has a tough, matte black aluminium carapace, which shields a glossy, brushed metal and glass interior. But it's on the inside where all the magic happens, thanks to high...
Lenovo has continued tweaking the design of its ThinkPad X1 Carbon in a bid to streamline its features and include more of what its users want. The chassis also borrows some design tricks from the ThinkPad T440s. But one thing that really stands out ...
If thin and light is what you're looking for in a laptop, then you can't go past LG's 13.3in UltraPC 13Z940. This thing tipped our scales at 971g, and even had Sony VAIO Z enthusiasts commenting on how light and mobile it feels. It's not let down in ...
The Transformer line up by Asus attempts to make the multimedia-savvy tablet a content creation device by coupling it with a custom keyboard dock. The company's latest iteration, the Transformer Pad TF701T, offers many advantages, but can the best of...
Toshiba has made use of the more well-known 13in form factor for its Chromebook CB30, and compared to many of the other new-breed, low-cost, Google-centric laptops that we've seen, this one might just be the best yet. Its size and keyboard are suitab...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 2 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 3 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 4 Ford Focus ST (2015) review: Absolutely mental styling, engine, handling
- 5 LG 65-inch UHD TV (65UF950T) review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Deals on Good Gear Guide
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Surface Pro 4 on sale at Microsoft's Sydney store on November 12
- Microsoft enters the notebook market with Surface Book
- As Microsoft focuses on mobile, Windows 10 will be key
- Microsoft to live-stream Tuesday's Surface Pro 4, Lumia event
- What we expect from Microsoft's massive device launch: new Surfaces, Lumias, and Band
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDatabase Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Account Manager - PR AgencyNSW
- FTSales SpecialistNSW
- CCMilitary simulation programmer with C# and Unity - 3 monthsNSW
- FTLevel 2 IT Support TechnicianVIC
- FTAccount Manager | Music IndustryNSW
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- FTBusiness Development & Account ManagementNSW
- FTMid level IT consultant | Systems Integration & Managed ServicesNSW
- FTSystems Administrator | National commercial law firm | MS, AWS & eDiscoveryNSW
- FTProduct Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Consultant | Project work | National Systems IntegratorVIC
- FTSystems Administrator - Managed ServicesNSW
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web Application DeveloperNSW
- FTManual Test Engineer | Financial Institution | Web testingNSW
- FTAccount Manager | Client Side - Previous Agency Experience Welcome!!NSW
- FTLinux Administrator with AWS & DevopsNSW
- FTDigital ManagerNSW
- FT1st & 2nd level IT support all-rounder in beautiful rural BathurstNSW
- FTField EngineerNSW