Hold onto your hats, folks, because from this Saturday 16 November you will be able to purchase a touchscreen notebook from Aldi for $688. It’s the Medion Akoya S6212T (or the MD 99270, as it’s known in brackets), and it’s the first touchscreen compu...
The Split 13 x2 combines a fairly lightweight 13-inch tablet with a keyboard, battery and storage dock. It’s a strong concept, though aspects of HP’s execution aren’t as solid as they could be.
Mobile printing has never been easier. For a busy office, reliable and easy-to-use tools are essential. Samsung's latest smart printers are equipped for wireless printing from mobile devices. Find out more about what is all about.
If you visit your local appliance retailer, whether it’s JB Hi-Fi or The Good Guys, you might come across this ASUS VivoBook S551L notebook. It costs about $1400 and it's a big unit of 15.6in that's designed to be somewhat of an all-rounder when it c...
It must be said that the more we used Acer’s C720 Chromebook, the more we enjoyed it. We didn’t get too hung up on the fact that it isn’t a ‘regular’ computer, and we can see the value in it if you’re after a laptop that will be used purely for Web b...
HP’s ENVY brand once represented the finest consumer laptops the company had to offer. It’s a pity, then, that the latest ENVY 15 left us feeling so disappointed.
In deference to its Alienware and ROG competitors, Gigabyte’s P34G gaming notebook is Ultrabook-level slim and light, with the sedate styling of a modern business machine. However, it’s not nearly as spineless as its svelteness suggests.
Whilst the ASUS Transformer line began with Android-powered convertibles, the latest Transformer Book T100 sports Microsoft’s Windows 8.1. We had a brief hands-on with the T100 at its launch event in Sydney, late October.
ASUS has come up with a hybrid Ultraportable computer that it touts as being a 3-in-1 device, rather than a standard 2-in-1. Allow us to explain what this means.
ASUS has revamped its much-admired Zenbook Ultrabook, making some physical tweaks as well as offering some more high-end specs. Gone is the all-metal finish that adorned the previous model; you'll now find Gorilla Glass 3 on the lid, which provides n...
Less than a year after the launch of its first Surface RT and Surface Pro tablets, Microsoft has launched the next iteration of its tablet family, including the Windows 8.1 RT-based Surface 2.
Dell’s Alienware 18 is a 5.5kg behemoth of a gaming ‘laptop’, with a massive price and desktop-like specs. We put it to the test, to see just what all that money, weight and bulk will get you.
The Acer Chromebook C720 appears to be an evolutionary attempt to right the wrongs of its predecessor, the Acer C710, which hit the Australian market in March.
Samsung’s ATIV Book 9 Lite is thin, lightweight and offers impressively long battery life, but proves disappointingly gutless in even the most basic tasks.
MSI's treat for gamers and high-end notebook enthusiasts is the 17.3in GT70 20D, which contains components and capabilities that can induce drooling. It's an expensive beast, but if you're serious about buying one of the fastest notebooks on the mark...
Dell has added a fourth-generation Intel Core i7 CPU to its versatile little XPS 12 convertible Ultrabook, which gives it much improved battery life and better performance when it comes to processing 3D graphics. However, Dell hasn’t done much to cha...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 BlackBerry Passport review: A smartphone going nowhere
- 2 Sony Xperia Z3 Compact review: A flagship at 4.6-inches
- 3 Microsoft Surface Pro 3 Windows 8.1 tablet
- 4 Samsung Galaxy Tab S (10.5) 4G review
- 5 TomTom Runner Cardio GPS watch
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- One week after patch, Flash vulnerability already exploited in large-scale attacks
- Candidates for EU's data protection job heard by the European Parliament
- Citrix's ShareFile gets document signing thanks to acquisition
- Alibaba's mobile OS in China boosted by Meizu partnership
- Your online TV watching is now being tracked across devices
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSales Account ExecutiveNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager | Sales ManagerNSW
- FTPartner Marketing Communications Manager - Leading Global Tech BrandNSW
- FTBusiness development manager - retargettingNSW
- FTDigital Account ExecutiveNSW
- FTMarketing Communications Operations Manager - Global Tech Market leaderNSW
- FTAccount ExecutiveNSW
- FTBusiness ManagerNSW
- FTTechnical Marketing ManagerNSW
- CCConsumer Product Marketing ManagerNSW