The last time we saw a 2-in-1 Toshiba Portege (the Z10t back in August 2013), we had a few concerns: its keyboard dock was unreliable during our tests, its battery life was short, and we found its configuration to be too noisy for our liking. Fast fo...
When you get a workstation like this, it's because you want to be able to work wherever you are, with the files and software that you need for the job. For this reason, the Precision M2800 we're reviewing here comes kitted with a Core i7-4810MQ CPU, ...
Lenovo's ThinkPad X1 Carbon Ultrabook is back, and its design has largely reverted back to a business-classic status that should please long-time fans of the brand.
There's a strangeness to the HP Envy X2 (15-c001tu) that's hard to overcome. This mostly comes from its detachable keyboard, which features a touchpad on the right side, rather than below the keys. But there are other things, such as the size of the ...
Acer’s Aspire Switch 10 Pro is a hybrid Windows 8.1-based device that’s aimed primarily at the education and business markets. It’s a tablet device first and foremost, but it ships with a keyboard base that allows it to also be used as a notebook or ...
It's not an expensive laptop, and it's not a boring one either. HP's Stream 11 (named so because of its 11in screen size) has jumped into the laptop scene with splash of colour and an overall list of features that make it a nice pick-up if you're a s...
If a little laptop for getting on the Internet and doing some basic browsing and word processing sounds like your cup of tea, then Acer’s Chromebook 11 (CB3-111) should be right up your alley. It’s an 11.6in laptop with a light weight and a small foo...
With the ASUS Zenbook UX303LN, you get an Ultrabook with oomph. It’s designed with the intention of providing better graphics than usual, thanks to the inclusion of a discrete NVIDIA GeForce 840M adapter, and it will at least give you an opportunity ...
Lenovo is no stranger to making hybrid laptops with screens that can tilt all the way over to facilitate tablet mode. We saw it first in the original Yoga, and the concept proved to be so successful it spawned similar designs from other vendors, and ...
You might scoff at the way the Medion Akoya P2214T (MD99430) looks -- as did some people in our office -- but if you can find another 2-in-1 Windows 8.1 hybrid device with a Full HD screen for under $550, only then will your scoffing be tolerated.
Gigabyte’s P25Xv2 is all about providing a mean configuration under the hood and facilitating an enjoyable laptop gaming experience. It has to be, because in terms of design and looks, there isn’t much good going on for this 15.6in desktop replacemen...
The influx of low-cost computers at Aldi will continue on 10 September. On that day, Medion’s latest 10in sub-notebook will go on sale, and it’s sure to command plenty of attention from those of you seeking a highly mobile Windows 8 device. It has an...
HP’s Chromebook 11 has been given a slight facelift since the previous model we reviewed back in February, with the new model now available in a couple of different colourways, which give it a fresher vibe. Other than that, there is nothing new about...
Saying that the Surface Pro 3 is the best Windows tablet on the market isn't a stretch, and it shouldn't come as a surprise. Microsoft has built on the Surface Pro 2 in a big way, starting with the screen size, and ending with the adjustable kickstan...
Toshiba’s Satellite L30W is designed for those of you who have a need for a big tablet. It’s a 13.3in tablet at its core, but it ships in the shape of a notebook, which means it’s another of those 2-in-1 devices that allows you to pick one form facto...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's pricey Surface Book is getting stomped by the ancient Surface Pro 3
- Alienware's tiny Alpha gaming PC gets bigger muscles... in the US
- Why Apple's new MacBook Pro needs more than just one USB-C port
- Asus ROG teases a massive gaming notebook that outperforms Titan X
- Chromebooks beat Mac notebooks 1.4-to-1 in U.S.
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTVoice ArchitectNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst- Process Mapping Specialist- Gov / Bank backgdNSW
- CCRuby on Rails DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Java Developer (Java/Maven/AEM)NSW
- FTSystems application support analystNSW
- CCSAP Application Delivery LeadVIC
- CCSystems Administrator with developer skills | Defence intelligence | NV2 clearedACT
- CCDynamics CRM DeveloperNSW
- CCCobol ProgrammerACT
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCContract Programmer (IT Security/Website Admin) 160617/P/564Asia
- FT.Net Developer (WebAPI / Entity Framework / SQL Server)NSW
- CCSAP Portal DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCTibco DeveloperWA
- CCIT Desktop Support- Travelling in NSW requiredNSW
- CCBiztalk developerNSW
- CCOracle iLearning Business AnalystNSW
- CCSystems Trainer - Networking/ RadioVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Linux/MySQL/Oracle) 160630/SA/254Asia
- CCSharepoint Developer | Air Force project | NV1 clearanceNSW
- CCSolution DesignerNSW
- FTSAP Solution Architect- Data Migration to SAP HR, payrollNSW