Saying that the Surface Pro 3 is the best Windows tablet on the market isn't a stretch, and it shouldn't come as a surprise. Microsoft has built on the Surface Pro 2 in a big way, starting with the screen size, and ending with the adjustable kickstan...
Toshiba’s Satellite L30W is designed for those of you who have a need for a big tablet. It’s a 13.3in tablet at its core, but it ships in the shape of a notebook, which means it’s another of those 2-in-1 devices that allows you to pick one form facto...
Dell's low-cost Inspiron 11 3000 is a 2-in-1 unit for those of you who want a device that can act both as a Windows laptop, and as a Windows tablet. Unlike the flip-screen in the company's XPS Convertible model, this unit uses a hinge that tilts the ...
The 13.3in Prime Series W230SS is the smallest gaming laptop offering from Metabox, but it still manages to pack a potent punch. The model we saw came decked out with a Core i7 CPU, GeForce GTX 860M graphics, and a 256GB solid state drive; but the ne...
Toshiba's Satellite S50t-B (the specific model number is PSPQ8A-008008) is a 15.6in laptop in the $1500 price range that looks classy, and it has a powerful configuration that includes a Core i7 CPU and an AMD Radeon graphics adapter. While all that'...
The Asus G550JK isn’t as beefy looking as some of its stable mates in the Republic of Gamers range, and this makes it a more sensible choice if you’re a gamer looking for something easier to carry from here to there. The unit has a 15.6in form factor...
The Aorus X7 v2 gaming laptop is very much the same as the previous X7 that we saw back in March, but it now comes with updated guts that make it an even more potent machine, not only for games, but also design, imaging, and video applications.
HP’s Pro x2 410 G1 is notebook PC for those of you who also want a Windows 8.1-based tablet. While it features a clamshell design for regular laptop operation, its 11.6in screen can be detached and used on its own as a tablet.
With the Surface Pro 3, Microsoft is gunning for the notebook market. The new device is thinner, lighter, and better balanced than the Surface Pro 2, and it has a focus on providing a better typing experience when an optional keyboard cover is attach...
Asus Zenbook Ultrabooks have always been among the most popular for enthusiasts, mainly for their speedy under-the-hood performance and dashing design. With the Zenbook NX500, the tradition of powerful hardware in a slim chassis continues, and there ...
Serial innovator, Asus, is at it again in Computex. The company unveiled its Asus Transformer Book V product, which is a 12.5in laptop that is actually much more than a laptop.
The Toshiba Satellite P50t is a 15.6in laptop that puts you right in the thick of the latest technology. Not only is it a fully decked-out desktop replacement computer, it’s a computer that ships with a 4K (ultra-high definition) screen. To use a dig...
It may not be as flashy as other laptops we've seen recently, but Dell's Inspiron 15 5000 Series represents a slightly new direction for the manufacturer's mainstream 15.6in products. It has a cleaner look, and it doesn't feel overly bulky. On the in...
MSI has released another gaming laptop into the wild: the GS60 2PC Ghost. It has a more refined look and feel than the MSI gaming behemoths we've seen in the past, and MSI has put in more features that provide a better overall end-user experience. Th...
HP has been on a bit of a roll recently in the land of business laptops, with products such as the ZBook 14 and the EliteBook Revolve 810 G2 being a little different from the norm and catering to power users and hybrid seekers, respectively. The 14in...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Acer's new Predator gaming systems are powerful beasts that will also run your VR headset
- Apple updates MacBook with new processors, adds Rose Gold
- Hands on with NexDock, the laptop that isn't
- The Surface Pro 4 Type Cover gets fancy with premium Signature Edition
- Nvidia's Pascal GPU tech specs revealed: Full CUDA count, clock speeds, and more
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCData Management & Reporting Development OfficerSA
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTSupplier Relationship ManagerVIC
- CCIT Program Delivery Office Lead- Government BackgroundNSW
- CCFront End DeveloperVIC
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- FTData AnalystNSW
- CCSenior IT Business AnalystVIC
- CCSr. Iteration ManagerVIC
- FTSoftware Design Engineer (Embedded Software)SA
- CCAnalyst Programmer (Lotus Notes/Networking) 160504/AP/781Asia
- CCFull Stack Developer - Java - Blue Chip CompanyNSW
- FTInfrastructure Project ManagerACT
- CCOperational Team LeadVIC
- CCBusiness Data AnalystVIC
- CCInfrastructure Engineer - Windows, VMWare, HyperVWA
- CCAzure DeveloperNSW
- FTProduct OwnerNSW
- CCHyperion ConsultantNSW
- FTDatabase Administrator / ArchitectNSW
- CCSystems TrainerVIC
- CCSolution ArchitectVIC
- FTDigital Project ManagerVIC
- FTSenior Storage Systems EngineerACT
- CCChange Manager x 2NSW