The Asus G550JK isn’t as beefy looking as some of its stable mates in the Republic of Gamers range, and this makes it a more sensible choice if you’re a gamer looking for something easier to carry from here to there. The unit has a 15.6in form factor...
The Aorus X7 v2 gaming laptop is very much the same as the previous X7 that we saw back in March, but it now comes with updated guts that make it an even more potent machine, not only for games, but also design, imaging, and video applications.
HP’s Pro x2 410 G1 is notebook PC for those of you who also want a Windows 8.1-based tablet. While it features a clamshell design for regular laptop operation, its 11.6in screen can be detached and used on its own as a tablet.
With the Surface Pro 3, Microsoft is gunning for the notebook market. The new device is thinner, lighter, and better balanced than the Surface Pro 2, and it has a focus on providing a better typing experience when an optional keyboard cover is attach...
Asus Zenbook Ultrabooks have always been among the most popular for enthusiasts, mainly for their speedy under-the-hood performance and dashing design. With the Zenbook NX500, the tradition of powerful hardware in a slim chassis continues, and there ...
Serial innovator, Asus, is at it again in Computex. The company unveiled its Asus Transformer Book V product, which is a 12.5in laptop that is actually much more than a laptop.
The Toshiba Satellite P50t is a 15.6in laptop that puts you right in the thick of the latest technology. Not only is it a fully decked-out desktop replacement computer, it’s a computer that ships with a 4K (ultra-high definition) screen. To use a dig...
It may not be as flashy as other laptops we've seen recently, but Dell's Inspiron 15 5000 Series represents a slightly new direction for the manufacturer's mainstream 15.6in products. It has a cleaner look, and it doesn't feel overly bulky. On the in...
MSI has released another gaming laptop into the wild: the GS60 2PC Ghost. It has a more refined look and feel than the MSI gaming behemoths we've seen in the past, and MSI has put in more features that provide a better overall end-user experience. Th...
HP has been on a bit of a roll recently in the land of business laptops, with products such as the ZBook 14 and the EliteBook Revolve 810 G2 being a little different from the norm and catering to power users and hybrid seekers, respectively. The 14in...
Lenovo’s IdeaPad Yoga 2 Pro is an Ultrabook with a set of special hinges that allow the screen to tilt all the way over. Because of these hinges, you can switch from a laptop to a tablet with a minimum of fuss, despite the 13.3in size of the unit. Fu...
Acer’s C720P is essentially the same Chrombook as the C720 that we reviewed back in November 2013, but it adds a touchscreen to the mix. It’s claimed by Acer to the first Chromebook with a touchscreen, and, if nothing else, it gives the C720P better ...
The HP Pavilion x360 is a device with a hybrid purpose: you can use it as a regular laptop, or you can tilt its screen all the way around and turn the laptop into a tablet. It's a neat solution to the 2-in-1 problem, mainly because there is no need t...
The Acer TravelMate P645 may be a 14in Ultrabook, but you could be forgiven for thinking that it’s a 13.3in model at first glance. It has a slight build that ensures it’s not bulky or heavy, and it features clean lines and a thin screen bezel, which ...
We took a brief look at the HP Chromebook 14 late last year. It's one of the models that the vendor is actively pushing in the education sector. The reasons for this are because it runs the simple Chrome OS operating system, which basically relies on...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Apple might show off iPhone 5se and iPad Air 3 at March 15 event
- Monster gaming laptop from CybertronPC packs latest desktop hardware
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
- Chromebooks are siphoning market share from Windows PCs
- Microsoft beefs up its Surface Book and Surface Pro 4
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTProject Manager | SharePoint, Office 365 SkillsVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCTechnical Tester - AutomationVIC
- CCSenior Agile Business Analyst - Online/Mobile experienceNSW
- CCEXCEL Guru / Data AdministratorNSW
- CCAEM DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer(Crystal Report/Oracle)160127/AP/vhsAsia
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- FTChange & Communications OfficerQLD
- FTSenior Oracle DBANSW
- FTSoftware Developer - Ruby on RailsNSW
- FTAxway API DeveloperNSW
- CCMicrosoft Dynamics CRM DeveloperSA
- CCSenior Test AnalystSA
- CCEnterprise Systems Infrastructure SpecialistNSW
- CCApplication Project ManagerVIC
- CCJava Developer - IOSNSW
- CCMultiple Senior Business Analyst opportunitiesSA
- CCData AnalystNSW
- CCProject Manager & Coordination OfficerACT
- CCContract Programmer (Crystal Reports/JAVA/SQL) 160129/P/vhs-cAsia
- CCSenior Agile Business AnalystVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160205/AP/541Asia
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst - BaselineACT