HP’s high-performance consumer laptop is the one called Omen. Specifically, it’s a 15.6-inch laptop that’s made to entice the gaming crowd, though it doesn’t look like a big and bulky gaming laptop. Instead, a thin chassis with a wedge design gives t...
Acer’s Aspire R13 is designed as a convertible laptop that can also be used as a tablet. Its screen flips all the way around on its hinge to facilitate the laptop-to-tablet transformation, and it’s a design that’s neat and to the point. But we did no...
Even big notebooks such as the Asus Transformer Book Flip TP500LN-CJ035H are getting the hybrid treatment these days. This isn’t much of a surprise coming from Asus. It was Asus, after all, that transformed an 18.4in screen for its all-in-one desktop...
The Alienware 13 certainly is a powerful kit when compared to other laptops of a similar form factor, mainly because it packs a discrete graphics adapter that can be used capably for a variety of games, and it can be maxed out with 16GB of RAM and up...
The last time we saw a 2-in-1 Toshiba Portege (the Z10t back in August 2013), we had a few concerns: its keyboard dock was unreliable during our tests, its battery life was short, and we found its configuration to be too noisy for our liking. Fast fo...
When you get a workstation like this, it's because you want to be able to work wherever you are, with the files and software that you need for the job. For this reason, the Precision M2800 we're reviewing here comes kitted with a Core i7-4810MQ CPU, ...
Lenovo's ThinkPad X1 Carbon Ultrabook is back, and its design has largely reverted back to a business-classic status that should please long-time fans of the brand.
There's a strangeness to the HP Envy X2 (15-c001tu) that's hard to overcome. This mostly comes from its detachable keyboard, which features a touchpad on the right side, rather than below the keys. But there are other things, such as the size of the ...
Acer’s Aspire Switch 10 Pro is a hybrid Windows 8.1-based device that’s aimed primarily at the education and business markets. It’s a tablet device first and foremost, but it ships with a keyboard base that allows it to also be used as a notebook or ...
It's not an expensive laptop, and it's not a boring one either. HP's Stream 11 (named so because of its 11in screen size) has jumped into the laptop scene with splash of colour and an overall list of features that make it a nice pick-up if you're a s...
If a little laptop for getting on the Internet and doing some basic browsing and word processing sounds like your cup of tea, then Acer’s Chromebook 11 (CB3-111) should be right up your alley. It’s an 11.6in laptop with a light weight and a small foo...
With the ASUS Zenbook UX303LN, you get an Ultrabook with oomph. It’s designed with the intention of providing better graphics than usual, thanks to the inclusion of a discrete NVIDIA GeForce 840M adapter, and it will at least give you an opportunity ...
Lenovo is no stranger to making hybrid laptops with screens that can tilt all the way over to facilitate tablet mode. We saw it first in the original Yoga, and the concept proved to be so successful it spawned similar designs from other vendors, and ...
You might scoff at the way the Medion Akoya P2214T (MD99430) looks -- as did some people in our office -- but if you can find another 2-in-1 Windows 8.1 hybrid device with a Full HD screen for under $550, only then will your scoffing be tolerated.
Gigabyte’s P25Xv2 is all about providing a mean configuration under the hood and facilitating an enjoyable laptop gaming experience. It has to be, because in terms of design and looks, there isn’t much good going on for this 15.6in desktop replacemen...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Galaxy Note 6 rumors hint at IR autofocus, USB-C connectivity, new Snapdragon SoC
- Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare goes full sci-fi with space-based gunfights
- HP's new Chromebook 13 has features to match top-line Windows PCs
- Acer's new Predator gaming systems are powerful beasts that will also run your VR headset
- Apple updates MacBook with new processors, adds Rose Gold
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCProject ManagerVIC
- CCRelease Management LeadNSW
- CCSolutions Architect - Network and InfrastructureNSW
- CCJava Developer / DevOps | FINEOS Application | Long Term ContractNSW
- CCSql Server Database Administrator (SAP)QLD
- FTSupplier Relationship ManagerVIC
- FTSenior Business Intelligence ManagerNSW
- CCAdobe Experience Manager AEM / CQ5 DeveloperNSW
- CCSystem admin with SQL server experience | Defence-wide project | NV1 neededACT
- FTSenior Middleware Lead Shared Services (Support and EngineeringVIC
- CCSenior Project Manager, Technology Upgrade & RefreshNSW
- CCSenior DevOps ConsultantVIC
- CCJava Developer - multiple opportunitiesNSW
- CCSenior Automation Tester - MicroservicesNSW
- CCAWS ArchitectNSW
- FTMs Dynamics Nav Support Analyst- Level 1/2WA
- CCBusiness AnalystSA
- CCData Management & Reporting Development OfficerSA
- CCJava Developer (front end)WA
- FTDesktop SupportNSW
- CCContract Analyst/Programmer II (Drupal 7.39/PHP) 160427/CAP/vccAsia
- CCBusiness Analyst - ICT SecurityNSW
- CCITIL Environment, Configuration, Release Manager- Banking/GovtNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCUser Experience ExpertVIC