A new 6th-gen CPU, a new NVMe SSD, and USB-C make the refreshed XPS 13 more than a minor upgrade.
Dell's new XPS 15 Touch laptop is lightweight and powerful, with one of the best touch screen displays around. In fact, our reviewer declared it the finest Windows laptop he's ever used.
The newest version of Acer’s Aspire R13, a convertible laptop that can be used as a tablet, is a sleek looking thing. A versatile unit with ample power to perform most everyday tasks with ease. It’s an interesting prospect for someone looking for a 2...
Take the ultrabook concept, refine it as much as humanly possible and the end result will be Dell’s XPS 13. This notebook tells the story of the people who worked on its development; a story about ambition, devout work and perfectionism.
The Surface Book is Microsoft’s first notebook and already it is challenging what a notebook is, how it should work and what it should do. Some of these changes are welcomed. Others leave you wondering what Microsoft could have achieved had it perfe...
The Surface looks little like a notebook. It doesn’t sell with a keyboard and trackpad. What you get is a slate with a kickstand and the digital equivalent of a pen. This hardly sounds like a device that could replace a computer, but it unequivocally...
Midrange Chromebooks have never been so good. Here's a long-term, real-world comparison of this season's standouts: the Dell Chromebook 13 and the Toshiba Chromebook 2.
HP has used its "Envy" line across a variety of devices to denote a luxury design and feeling. This seems to be a predominant model amongst laptop makers of late. The idea is that consumers will pay a little more for a laptop that not only performs ...
MSI's GS70 is an interesting gaming machine, with a very slight nod towards portability thanks to its thin profile, at least as far as gaming laptops are concerned. There's plenty of grunt under the multicoloured Steel Series keyboard, although that...
In the notebook space, you definitely get what you pay for, and in the lower price scales, the performance and build compromises you put up with can vary quite a lot. It's in this space that Acer pitches the Aspire E5 range. Acer sells the Aspire E5 ...
Earlier we reviewed the Apple MacBook, and although it was undeniably easy to take with us on the go, it was tougher to work on everyday. The Air variant is a little bigger, but it retains a strong set of connections and a keyboard soft enough on fin...
Dell’s 15.6-inch Inspiron 15 7000 Series notebook is a computer for a home that doesn’t want (or require) a traditional desktop PC. It’s also rather slim considering its size, and at 2.13kg is not overly heavy to lug around when portability is needed...
Occasionally, reviewers are sent versions of notebooks that don’t really show off the best that the manufacturer has to offer. The Lenovo ThinkPad T550 is one such example, with the basic spec that was sent to us being merely a curtain raiser for wha...
HP’s EliteBook Folio 1020 G1 Special Edition notebook has a 12.5in screen and weighs 1.04kg. That size and weight combination is a point of emphasis for this laptop, in addition to a strong build quality. Construction materials include magnesium-lith...
Finding the right laptop should be about feel and comfort as much as it is about specs. For many of us, the specs don’t matter that much. What we value most in a Windows-based laptop is easy portability, good keys, connectivity features, and somethin...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 2 LED Lenser P7R Professional Torch review
- 3 Aftershokz Wireless Trekz Titanium Bone Conduction Bluetooth Headphones review
- 4 Review: Periscope users rejoice with Feiyu’s G4 Plus 3-Axis Gimbal for Smartphone video
- 5 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Why my older Chromebook has a right to live, even if Google says it's over
- A Surface all-in-one PC may lead a Microsoft hardware refresh in October
- Hands-on with Asus ROG G752 and GeForce GTX 1070 (or holy crap this thing is fast!)
- Surface Pro 3's massive battery drain is a software problem, Microsoft says
- Early Android app support rolls out to two more Chromebooks
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCLAN ConsultantWA
- CCPMO AnalystNSW
- FTEMC Storage ConsultantWA
- CCContract Junior Programmer (J2EE/SQL) 160927/JP/551Asia
- CCData Analyst | Data Feeds | Catalogue and MapNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst -Change and SAP ProcurementNSW
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- CCProgram Manager - Data InsightVIC
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- FTTeam Leader Full Stack, Python, FinanceNSW
- CCSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- FTBackup ConsultantWA
- FTCertification and Accreditation Security ConsultantACT
- FTMDM EngineerNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Telecom ProjectNSW
- CCFull Stack Application Developer - IoT projectsVIC
- CCVideo Conference Support Officer- VoIP, LAN, WAN, RemedyNSW
- FTCarrier/ Industrial Network ConsultantsWA
- CCSecurity Cleared IT Professionals - Expression of InterestSA
- FTIT Pre-Sales EngineerSA
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCICT Security AuditorACT
- CCInformatica Developer (MDM)NSW
- FTSenior Project Manager | TelecommunicationVIC
- CCBusiness ArchitectNSW