HP's Mini 311 is an 11.6in netbook that weighs 1.4kg. It's one of the first netbooks to come with Windows 7 Home Premium preinstalled. It's also one of the first to use NVIDIA's ION platform, with an NVIDIA system chipset and integrated GeForce 9400M...
MSI's Wind 12 U200 is the first netbook we've seen to ship with Windows 7 straight out of the box. However, with a 12.1in screen and an Intel Core 2 Solo CPU, we're loathe to call it a netbook. It's much bigger than a conventional netbook and a good ...
The Sony VAIO W (VPCW115XGP) is reasonably expensive but it's one of the best looking netbooks on the market, and it's reasonably comfortable to use. It has a keyboard with isolated keys, a large touchpad and a vibrant screen, as well as a lovely two...
Lenovo's IdeaPad S10-2 is a simple 10.1in netbook that can be used for browsing the Web, creating office documents, viewing photos and watching standard-definition videos. It's small (25.8x19.3cm) and has small keys (16mm wide) but it is not too unco...
The MSI GX620 is a mid-range 15.4in gaming laptop -- and it sure looks like it's built for gamers. It has brushed aluminium panels and a red trim, touch-sensitive multimedia shortcut buttons and a number pad. The W, A, S and D keys and the number pad...
It may be a slimline laptop, but the MSI X-Slim X600 definitely isn’t small. It has a 15.6in wide screen display that’s perfect for office work, watching videos and browsing the Web; and it has enough CPU power to run almost any application.
The HP Pavilion dv2-1132AX is one of the new breed of slim laptops to hit the Australian market. It aims to be very portable, affordable and reasonably powerful -- and it hits the mark in all three areas. This 12.1in notebook costs $1299 and is perfe...
ASUS' N61Vn 16in notebook is great for entertainment and has enough power to chew through 3D rendering tasks with ease. Boasting superior sound and a multi-touch trackpad, the notebook is clearly aimed at the fashion-conscious market but it lacks the...
A standard netbook with a pretty conventional design, Samsung's NC10 won't turn many heads, but its crowning feature is built-in 3G wireless broadband. Partnered with Optus, the Samsung NC10 becomes a handy road-warrior -- if you can live with the ti...
The Dell Inspiron 1545 is an affordable all-purpose notebook with a 15.6in widescreen LCD. While it's unlikely to turn heads with its pedestrian style, this Dell Inspiron laptop remains a perfectly serviceable notebook that punches well above its wei...
BenQ's Joybook Lite U121 Eco is more than a typical netbook. It has a large 11.6in screen with a 1366x768 resolution, and this has allowed BenQ to install a full-sized keyboard on the wider chassis.
Telstra has teamed up with Acer to provide a Windows XP-based netbook solution with a built-in Next G module. This module makes it possible to logon to the Internet from anywhere within Telstra's mobile network, making it the ultimate tool for a road...
ViewSonic's VNB101 netbook won't turn many heads, but it's a decent, albeit quirky, little laptop for users who want something small and reasonably easy to use. It runs Windows XP, but it also has a version of Linux installed that you can boot into q...
Toshiba's Satellite A500 (PSAM3A-03P00E) is packed with features that not only make it a suitable desktop replacement notebook but also a credible home entertainment hub. It's a 16in notebook and weighs 3kg, so it will be a little awkward to lug to a...
Rarely have the words "Sony" and "affordable" appeared in the same sentence without some back-handed joke being made about how those words should never appear in the same sentence. Yet the 15.5in VAIO VGN-NW15G (which is part of Sony's NW series of n...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's pricey Surface Book is getting stomped by the ancient Surface Pro 3
- Alienware's tiny Alpha gaming PC gets bigger muscles... in the US
- Why Apple's new MacBook Pro needs more than just one USB-C port
- Asus ROG teases a massive gaming notebook that outperforms Titan X
- Chromebooks beat Mac notebooks 1.4-to-1 in U.S.
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTMid-Level .NET DeveloperVIC
- FTSystems application support analystNSW
- FTProduct Owner - MarketingNSW
- CCSenior Project Delivery ManagerACT
- CCSAP BASIS ConsultantVIC
- CCSenior Performance & Automation EngineerNSW
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCNetwork EngineerVIC
- CCProject ControllerQLD
- CCx2 AEM Frontend/UI DevelopersVIC
- CCTechnical Writer | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- FTTechnical Consultant - ServerSA
- CCSAP Financial Master DataACT
- FTTechnical COE SpecialistACT
- CCBusiness Analyst, InsuranceNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/JAVA/SQL) 160621/AP/082Asia
- FTTIBCO Technical LeadNSW
- CCLead Solution Analyst - BMC Remedy softwareVIC
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160628/P/133Asia
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCSharePoint DeveloperSA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160620/AP/623Asia
- FTSenior Java Developer (Java/Maven/AEM)NSW
- CCData Warehouse Specialist- Power BI, SSAS DBA, Azure, SQLNSW
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW