HP's Envy 13 is a 13.1in notebook with an Intel Core 2 Duo L9600 CPU and 3GB of DDR3 RAM that runs the 64-bit version of Windows 7. It's designed specifically for users who want something stylish, well built, and fast yet small. But it's hardly good ...
This HP Mini netbook has a name we just love to say: Tord Boontje. It also has a design we love to look at: the lid has sub-surface moulded patterns that depict flora and endangered animals in 3D.
HP's Mini 311 is an 11.6in netbook that weighs 1.4kg. It's one of the first netbooks to come with Windows 7 Home Premium preinstalled. It's also one of the first to use NVIDIA's ION platform, with an NVIDIA system chipset and integrated GeForce 9400M...
MSI's Wind 12 U200 is the first netbook we've seen to ship with Windows 7 straight out of the box. However, with a 12.1in screen and an Intel Core 2 Solo CPU, we're loathe to call it a netbook. It's much bigger than a conventional netbook and a good ...
The Sony VAIO W (VPCW115XGP) is reasonably expensive but it's one of the best looking netbooks on the market, and it's reasonably comfortable to use. It has a keyboard with isolated keys, a large touchpad and a vibrant screen, as well as a lovely two...
Lenovo's IdeaPad S10-2 is a simple 10.1in netbook that can be used for browsing the Web, creating office documents, viewing photos and watching standard-definition videos. It's small (25.8x19.3cm) and has small keys (16mm wide) but it is not too unco...
The MSI GX620 is a mid-range 15.4in gaming laptop -- and it sure looks like it's built for gamers. It has brushed aluminium panels and a red trim, touch-sensitive multimedia shortcut buttons and a number pad. The W, A, S and D keys and the number pad...
It may be a slimline laptop, but the MSI X-Slim X600 definitely isn’t small. It has a 15.6in wide screen display that’s perfect for office work, watching videos and browsing the Web; and it has enough CPU power to run almost any application.
The HP Pavilion dv2-1132AX is one of the new breed of slim laptops to hit the Australian market. It aims to be very portable, affordable and reasonably powerful -- and it hits the mark in all three areas. This 12.1in notebook costs $1299 and is perfe...
ASUS' N61Vn 16in notebook is great for entertainment and has enough power to chew through 3D rendering tasks with ease. Boasting superior sound and a multi-touch trackpad, the notebook is clearly aimed at the fashion-conscious market but it lacks the...
A standard netbook with a pretty conventional design, Samsung's NC10 won't turn many heads, but its crowning feature is built-in 3G wireless broadband. Partnered with Optus, the Samsung NC10 becomes a handy road-warrior -- if you can live with the ti...
The Dell Inspiron 1545 is an affordable all-purpose notebook with a 15.6in widescreen LCD. While it's unlikely to turn heads with its pedestrian style, this Dell Inspiron laptop remains a perfectly serviceable notebook that punches well above its wei...
BenQ's Joybook Lite U121 Eco is more than a typical netbook. It has a large 11.6in screen with a 1366x768 resolution, and this has allowed BenQ to install a full-sized keyboard on the wider chassis.
Telstra has teamed up with Acer to provide a Windows XP-based netbook solution with a built-in Next G module. This module makes it possible to logon to the Internet from anywhere within Telstra's mobile network, making it the ultimate tool for a road...
ViewSonic's VNB101 netbook won't turn many heads, but it's a decent, albeit quirky, little laptop for users who want something small and reasonably easy to use. It runs Windows XP, but it also has a version of Linux installed that you can boot into q...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Acer's new Predator gaming systems are powerful beasts that will also run your VR headset
- Apple updates MacBook with new processors, adds Rose Gold
- Hands on with NexDock, the laptop that isn't
- The Surface Pro 4 Type Cover gets fancy with premium Signature Edition
- Nvidia's Pascal GPU tech specs revealed: Full CUDA count, clock speeds, and more
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCInteraction & Visual - Web DesignerNSW
- CCCommVault Backp EngineerNSW
- FTITSM Head of Service Desk & SwitchboardACT
- FTDigital Sales Manager - Online MediaNSW
- CCInfrastructure Solution Designer - Oracle Exadata/ExalogicVIC
- FTSenior Revenue Systems Functional AnalystSA
- CCPMO Coordinator- Prince2, Project financialsNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- CCSenior Oracle DBA- Part time 20 hoursWA
- CCSenior Technical WriterVIC
- CCLead Administrator - Network and SecurityNSW
- FTHands-on Service Desk Team Lead | Blackburn | Managed Service ProviderVIC
- CCOperational Team LeadVIC
- CCInfra Project Manager-Data Center, Cloud, Storage, NetworkNSW
- CCICT Project Manager - Contact Centre/Telephony FocusNSW
- CCWeb Content Developer- Angular, PHP, interface backgroundNSW
- CCBusiness Project ManagerAsia
- CCSenior Front End / UI Developer (React.js / LESS / SASS)NSW
- FTProject Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- CCContract Systems Analyst (C++/JAVA/SQL) 160505/SA/971Asia
- FTTrading System QAAsia
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCSenior Agile Business AnalystVIC
- CCService DeskWA
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web Application DeveloperNSW