The Dell Precision M6500 notebook has a true, full-size keyboard and superior LED technology in its 17in screen. However, it is heavy, somewhat cumbersome, and pricey.
With the release of Windows 7 and its inbuilt support for multitouch input and gestures, touch-screen computing is gathering steam. Not only can you get all-in-one PCs with touch screens and tablet-convertible notebooks, you can also get regular note...
The Fujitsu LifeBook P3110 is an 11.6in notebook that's bigger and more powerful than a typical netbook. At only 1.6kg, it's still just as easy to carry around as a 10in netbook, but the increased size makes it more comfortable to use. We think the b...
ASUS' UL80Vt is a 14in notebook that's built for people who want plenty of features and good speed, yet want a laptop that's reasonably light and capable of lasting a long time away from a power outlet. It weighs approximately 2kg and ships with an 8...
Attractive and interesting, but not without its flaws. It's been one of the internet stories of the past week or so, but does the Fusion Garage JooJoo web-browsing tablet warrant your interest?
If there is one overwhelming opinion about the Sony VAIO CW Series (VPCCW15FGW) notebook at PC World, it's that it should not be available in pink. Everyone who saw it in our Test Centre despised the colour, wishing instead for black or white (or eve...
When we picked up the ASUS Eee PC 1008HA (or the Seashell, as it is known), we could tell that it was one of the nicest netbooks on the market -- if not the nicest.
Fujitsu's LifeBook T5010 is a 13.3in tablet-convertible notebook with excellent build quality, good speed and plenty of features. It's powered by an Intel Core 2 Duo T9600 CPU, and has a bright touch screen with Wacom's interface technology built in....
Apple's latest MacBook upgrade borrows some inspiration from the more expensive MacBook Pro notebook. It's also priced more affordably than previous models. A unibody enclosure, multitouch capabilities and an upgraded display make this entry-level Ma...
Google released its Chrome operating system last week to a great deal of hoopla and debate — depending on your point of view, it was either the Next Big Thing or Much Ado About Nothing.
Toshiba's Satellite T110 is a slimline laptop that's just a little bigger than a typical 10in netbook yet approximately twice as powerful. It's an 11.6in, Pentium-powered notebook and it can be used for watching videos, creating office documents and ...
Dell's Precision M2400 Mobile Workstation is a 14.1in notebook built for users who desire a powerful yet portable computer on which to run graphic design and engineering applications. It looks big and menacing at first glance, but it's not actually a...
The ASUS G60J is a powerful notebook with an Intel Core i7 Mobile Processor. It wears the Republic of Gamers badge, which means it can run many of the latest games. It has a 16in screen and a powerful graphics card, and it's comfortable to use -- eve...
HP's Envy 13 is a 13.1in notebook with an Intel Core 2 Duo L9600 CPU and 3GB of DDR3 RAM that runs the 64-bit version of Windows 7. It's designed specifically for users who want something stylish, well built, and fast yet small. But it's hardly good ...
This HP Mini netbook has a name we just love to say: Tord Boontje. It also has a design we love to look at: the lid has sub-surface moulded patterns that depict flora and endangered animals in 3D.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's pricey Surface Book is getting stomped by the ancient Surface Pro 3
- Alienware's tiny Alpha gaming PC gets bigger muscles... in the US
- Why Apple's new MacBook Pro needs more than just one USB-C port
- Asus ROG teases a massive gaming notebook that outperforms Titan X
- Chromebooks beat Mac notebooks 1.4-to-1 in U.S.
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTLead Tableau Reporting ConsultantNSW
- CCWindows 2003-2012 R2 Active Directory Consultant/ManagerNSW
- CCTechnical BA - Networking/Infrastructure - Site RelocationNSW
- CCMobility Developer (iOS or Android)NSW
- CCContract Junior Programmer (Java/J2EE/SQL) 160714/JP/707Asia
- CCSystems EngineerNSW
- CCSolution DesignerNSW
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160621/P/866Asia
- CCContract IT Assistant (IT Security/IT Audit) 160621/ITA/361Asia
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Linux/MySQL/Oracle) 160630/SA/254Asia
- FTTableau BI DeveloperNSW
- CCField Network Engineer - GSM Networks.VIC
- CCSAP ABAP - Senior developerVIC
- CCData ArchitectSA
- FTUX DesignerVIC
- FT.Net Developer (WebAPI / Entity Framework / SQL Server)NSW
- CCChange ManagerACT
- CCProject Analyst/ CoordinatorVIC
- FTBusiness Analyst - Clinical SystemsSA
- FTContent Manager - Migration projectNSW
- CCEngineering Lead - InfrastructureVIC
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Project Coordinator - Large Telco - URGENTNSW
- CCDigital Business AnalystVIC
- CCLinux Systems AdministratorVIC