The hype surrounding Steve Jobs' 'magical' iPad has led to a flurry of competing products. Some, like HP's webOS tablet and Dell's Streak, are yet to be released, while others, like Handii's Go10 tablet PC, are available now. The Handii Go10 tablet i...
Notebooks - Reviews
The Sony VAIO E-Series VPC-EB16FG is a 15.5in notebook designed for everyday use. The term 'stylish' is an understatement when it comes to describing this laptop: our review unit came with a bright, eye-catching aqua lid. With a Full HD (1920x1080), ...
The ASUS G73Jh is a high-performance notebook aimed primarily at hardcore gamers. Unlike most desktop replacement models, this gaming laptop is capable of competing with high-end PCs; not just in size, but also functionality.
The Lenovo ThinkPad X200 Tablet (7449-4MM) is a strongly built, 12.1in tablet-convertible notebook with a lot of highlights: long battery life, integrated 3G connectivity, and a great keyboard to name a few. You can use the X200 Tablet as a regular n...
HP's ProBook 6540b (WH431PA) is a business notebook through and through. It provides an adequate amount of speed, it's comfortable to work on, and it even ships with easy-to-use management features so that data can be encrypted and certain features c...
It's been almost 12 months since Apple updated its premium MacBook Pro range. There have been no changes to the design of the 15in MacBook Pro -- it's what under the hood that's special. Apple's latest MacBook range boasts Intel's new Core i5 and Cor...
The Samsung N150 is a 10in netbook with a thin profile and it weighs only 1.25kg. It runs Windows 7 Starter and is perfect for Web browsing, word processing and even for watching standard definition videos. However, it’s a netbook that also provides ...
Medion continues its push to supply well-configured yet inexpensive notebooks to mainstream users. Its latest, the Medion Akoya MD98330, is a 15.6in laptop with an Intel Core i3-M330 CPU, 4GB of DDR3 SDRAM and a 500GG hard drive. It has plenty of spe...
The Lenovo IdeaPad S10-3t is the second netbook with a multitouch touchscreen to come to market (the first being the ASUS Eee PC T91MT) and it won’t be the last. But while a netbook is great for simple tasks such as browsing the Web, writing document...
The Fujitsu LifeBook LH700 is a 2.4kg, 14in notebook that's aimed at young people, students in particular. Fujitsu may not be the first brand that pops into a student's mind when it comes to getting a value for money laptop, and the LH700’s $1349 pri...
Panasonic's LUMIX DMC-TZ8 is one of the most versatile compact digital cameras on the market: it has a 25mm wide angle lens with a 12x zoom, a 12.1-megapixel sensor and manual exposure controls. It also packs optical image stabilisation, comprehensiv...
Toshiba's Qosmio notebooks have gone through many design phases in their short history.
ViewSonic's ViewBook VNB120 is an ultra-low voltage ultraportable notebook with a 12.1in screen and a 1.2GHz Intel Celeron SU2300 dual-core CPU. It weighs 1.6kg, runs Windows 7 Starter and it performs very smoothly when undertaking everyday tasks, bu...
The HP Mini 5102 is a netbook designed with business users in mind. It has an anodised aluminium lid and its sturdy design places it a rung above most other netbooks on the market. It also looks good and, contrary to popular belief, business users ap...
The Dell Inspiron 11z notebook has a low price tag, a thin profile and an 11.6in screen -- it could easily be mistaken for an Intel Atom-powered netbook. Its dual-core Pentium processor is significantly more powerful than a netbook's CPU, and its hig...
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Acer Swift 7
Lexar® Portable SSD
Google Daydream VR headset
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Huawei Mate 9
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Surface Pro 4
Dell XPS 13 laptop
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Android struggling in tablets as Windows 10 2-in-1s come on strong
- Samsung unveils Galaxy Book, a Windows 10 tablet aimed at the Surface-curious
- Everything we think we know about Samsung’s Galaxy Tab S3
- Lenovo's ThinkPad P71 will work with HTC, Oculus VR headsets
- Lenovo's Yoga A12 Android 2-in-1 has futuristic touch panel keyboard
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
- Horizon Zero Dawn review
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTJunior Software Engineer - Adelaide Based (PV, NV2 or NV1 required)ACT
- TPSolution Architect - Real-Time Tracking SystemVIC
- FTStorage Solution ArchitectVIC
- TPEngineer Desktop DevelopmentVIC
- CCLevel 1/2 IT Service Desk OfficerQLD
- CCGun Java Developer wanted...VIC
- CCSystems Engineer (Infra)NSW
- CCCloud Security Solutions Architect - Finance - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW
- FTCitrix EngineerNSW
- FT.Net DeveloperVIC
- TPICT Project CoordinatorQLD
- CCDesktop Engineer l WollongongNSW
- CCSAP Consultant - SAP Native HANA to DesignWA
- FTSupport Analyst / Production Support - InformaticaNSW
- CCWPF .NET EngineerNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCOrganisational Change Analyst - Banking/Financial ServicesNSW
- CCSenior Technical SpecialistNSW
- FTData Conversion LeadNSW
- FTSales Account Manager | Cloud Solutions | Global Tech GiantNSW
- CCTest LeadQLD
- FTSecurity Engineer - Permanent - IT Services - SydneyNSW
- CCCloud Solution Architect - Financial Services - Continuous IntegrationNSW
- FTSenior C++ EngineerACT
- FTTelecommunications Services Manager - Voice/Data/UCQLD