The aqua colour of the Sony VAIO E Series (VPCEB36FG) may not be appealing to many people, but don't fret: it's also available in white, red, black and green. It's a 15.5in notebook that has many things going for it; it feels very well built, it has ...
Notebooks - Reviews
The ASUS G51J 3D gaming notebook bears an illuminated ASUS Republic of Gamers badge on its lid, so you know from the outset that it's not designed for pedestrian computing activities. It's one of the few gaming notebooks currently on the market that ...
The Fujitsu LifeBook SH530 is a flashy looking notebook that's perfect for users who want to stand out from the crowd. It's a 13.3in laptop that weighs a shade over 2kg and it ships with plenty of features around its edges and lots of grunt under its...
The ASUS K52Jr (K52JR-SX070V) is a solid 15.6in notebook with an entry-level Intel Core i3 CPU, a discrete graphics card and a large hard drive. It makes for a decent desktop replacement-style computer for office and media tasks, and it's also a reas...
With a small, 13in frame, a DVD burner tucked in its side and a powerful Intel Core i5-430M CPU under the hood, the Toshiba Satellite Pro U500 (PSU9NA-00600N) has all the hallmarks of a potentially great business notebook. However, it's let down a re...
The Acer Aspire 8943G (ZYA) is a ridiculously big notebook that you'll either love or hate for its outlandishness. It has a massive 18.4in Full HD screen and plenty of horsepower under the hood. It's designed to be a comprehensive desktop replacement...
The Samsung R590-JS02AU looks good, feels sturdy and performs well. It's a 15.6in desktop replacement-style notebook with a fast Intel Core i5 CPU and plenty of memory and storage capacity. However, it's practically the same as the Samsung R580 noteb...
The Dell XPS 17 (1710X) is a desktop replacement notebook that's primed for use as a gaming laptop, a media centre or a mobile workstation -- the best part is it costs well under $2000! It's a versatile Dell notebook with a 17.3in touchscreen and a h...
Toshiba's Satellite C650/01E (PSC12A-01E00T) notebook is targeted at people who are on a budget. It has a far from spectacular configuration, but it's actually a very nice laptop with all the essentials you need to run office applications, rip CDs, g...
With plenty of style, a thin frame and a built-in DVD burner, the 14in ASUS PL80J is a good purchase for anyone who wants a notebook that's easy to carry but doesn't sacrifice features. Add good battery life and performance into the mix and you've go...
It's a little hard to believe a notebook as well-featured as the Medion Akoya P6624 (MD98390) can be purchased for $899. It has excellent graphics performance for an inexpensive notebook and there's no doubt that it's one of the cheapest gaming noteb...
Since Lenovo bought IBM's PC and notebook business, not much of the ThinkPad's iconic design has changed, and this is a good thing. The Lenovo ThinkPad T510 notebook has the same business-like look, the same sturdy build quality, and most of the feat...
The HP ProBook 6550b is a 2.6kg, 15.6in notebook designed for business users who want something solidly built and fully featured. It has everything from a built-in DVD burner to a FireWire port, and you even get a 56Kbps modem and a serial port, whic...
Samsung's Q330-JS03AU is an attractive, sub-2kg 13.3in laptop that's slim, well-featured and competitively priced. It's the perfect size for users who want a notebook that's easy to carry around but has a roomy design. The configuration of the notebo...
MSI's FX600 is a stylish, well built and comfortable 15.6in laptop that's suitable for work and play. It's available exclusively from Officeworks and is designed to offer a mixture of good graphics performance and long battery life through the use of...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Dell: Mainstream laptops with wireless charging are still years away
- SSD adoption in laptops exceeds expectations
- Apple will refund you for your iMac hinge repair costs
- MacBook Pro teardown reveals pointless speaker grilles and hard-to-replace Touch Bar
- Apple leads tablet sales, but the iPad Pro is not its best seller
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- FTWeb Front- End DeveloperSA
- FTIT Field EngineerNSW
- TPProject CoordintorVIC
- CCBiztalk DeveloperACT
- FTSystem AdministratorNSW
- FTManager - Field ServicesVIC
- TPDeployment Support EngineerVIC
- FTTechnical Consultant MS Dynamics AXWA
- FTEnterprise Sales ManagerNSW
- FTJunior Design Project CoordinatorQLD
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantNSW
- FTSenior Java EngineerACT
- TPSenior Test Analyst - DETEQLD
- FTInformation / Data Quality AnalystNSW
- CCJunior BI / Data Analytics Analyst - contract - SydneyNSW
- CCTechnical Business Analyst - Infrastructure - VirtualizationNSW
- FTNational Manager of Security - We are looking for a strong Leader - Syd CBDNSW
- CCProject SchedulerNSW
- FTSoftware EngineerSA
- CCWebMethod DeveloperNSW
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- TPAndroid DeveloperSA
- FTTSM SpecialistNSW
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperVIC