Acer's Aspire 5741-434G50Mn is a 15.6in, Intel Core i5-based notebook that's inexpensive yet stylish, well-featured and suitable for any task except serious gaming. It feels reasonably well constructed and at 2.6kg, it's not overly heavy. It makes fo...
The Origin EON15 is a high-end, 15.6in notebook aimed squarely at the hardcore gaming fraternity. It can be viewed as a portable sibling to the Origin EON18, with many of the same configuration options.
Dell's Studio 17 1749 is a 3.5kg, 17in laptop with a Core i5-based CPU and plenty of built-in features. It's a laptop that's designed for users who want an affordable desktop replacement, media centre or gaming PC. There are some things about it that...
The Dell Inspiron M501R is a 15.6in AMD Phenom II quad-core laptop that's suitable as an everyday work machine, or even as a budget gaming rig. It has loads of CPU power, an above-average amount of RAM and a reasonably fast graphics card. The design ...
Just as the iPod and iPhone did before it Apple's iPad is creating a whole new market in accessories, from cases to keyboards and stands.
HP's EliteBook 2540p is a small, strong and well-featured 12in business notebook that will run pretty much any office application you throw at it. It has a fast yet power-efficient Core i7 CPU under the hood, as well as plenty of RAM and disk space. ...
The Sony VAIO F Series notebook is pitched at designers, artists, photographers and video editors who want a stylish notebook that has lots of speed and plenty of built-in features. You get a big, Full HD screen, a Core i7 CPU, 8GB of RAM, lots of ha...
The Samsung N220 is a 10.1in netbook with built in 3G mobile broadband access; it's the successor to the Samsung NC10. Sold directly through Optus and bundled with a wireless broadband connection, the N220 is well built, offering a comfortable keyboa...
MSI's X-Slim X350 is an ultralight 13in laptop with smooth curves, clean lines and plenty of flair. Its chrome trim and glossy finish will turn heads if you're using it out and about, and, especially in sunshine, the edges of the chassis and touchpad...
Medion's Akoya E1222 is a 10in netbook with reasonably good looks, plenty of useful features, and, best of all, a low, low price. It can be purchased from Aldi supermarkets from 15 July for $389 with Windows 7 Starter preinstalled, and it's a great o...
If a sub-$1000, quad-core laptop tickles your fancy, then HP's 15in Pavilion dv6-3010-AX_01 is for you. It runs AMD's Vision Ultimate platform, which comprises an AMD Phenom II P920 CPU and an ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650 graphics chip, and it's great...
The Archos 7 Home Tablet is an inexpensive Android tablet meant for people who want to access (not create) media like video, audio, images, e-mail and Web content, but don’t have high performance expectations. Aided by the easy-to-use Android 1.5 ope...
Fujitsu's LifeBook P770 is designed for anyone after a small yet fully featured laptop. It's a 12.1in ultraportable notebook with a Core i7 CPU and 4GB of RAM, as well as plenty of ports and a built-in optical drive.
The ASUS NX90JQ has been designed to appeal to users who want better sound quality from a notebook. It's a desktop replacement-style, 18.4in notebook for the home entertainment enthusiast. It's got plenty of style, and its design is guaranteed to int...
We're suckers for a nice-looking business notebook, which is the kind of sad confession you'd expect from people who spend their life playing with tech (we only do it for the pay cheque, honest). But who could resist the 14in HP EliteBook 8440p (WL65...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's pricey Surface Book is getting stomped by the ancient Surface Pro 3
- Alienware's tiny Alpha gaming PC gets bigger muscles... in the US
- Why Apple's new MacBook Pro needs more than just one USB-C port
- Asus ROG teases a massive gaming notebook that outperforms Titan X
- Chromebooks beat Mac notebooks 1.4-to-1 in U.S.
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTTechnical Business Analyst (Integration background)NSW
- CCIT Change Manager - Western SydneyNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst- BPMN, Testing backgroundNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Healthcare industryVIC
- CCInfrastructure Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (J2EE/ SQL*PLUS/PL/SQL/PRO*C) 160617/AP/983Asia
- CCSystems Engineer / Applications Scripting DeveloperSA
- FTTechnical Services ManagerACT
- CCSenior Systems AnalystACT
- FTProject Coordinator / AdministratorNSW
- CCSenior Change Manager, Financial ServicesNSW
- CCSolution Analyst - CloudVIC
- CCMobility Developer (iOS or Android)NSW
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCSnr IT Project Manager - Contact CentreVIC
- CCProject DirectorWA
- CCRelease and Deployment ManagerACT
- CCWeb Developer (Drupal)SA
- CCSharePoint DeveloperSA
- CCBusiness Analyst - Asset ManagementNSW
- CCITSM ConsultantNSW
- CCSharepoint ConsultantQLD
- CCDevOps /Systems AdministratorQLD
- FTBusiness Analyst - Toolset ReadinessNSW
- FTTIBCO Technical LeadNSW