With a small, 13in frame, a DVD burner tucked in its side and a powerful Intel Core i5-430M CPU under the hood, the Toshiba Satellite Pro U500 (PSU9NA-00600N) has all the hallmarks of a potentially great business notebook. However, it's let down a re...
Notebooks - Reviews
The Acer Aspire 8943G (ZYA) is a ridiculously big notebook that you'll either love or hate for its outlandishness. It has a massive 18.4in Full HD screen and plenty of horsepower under the hood. It's designed to be a comprehensive desktop replacement...
The Samsung R590-JS02AU looks good, feels sturdy and performs well. It's a 15.6in desktop replacement-style notebook with a fast Intel Core i5 CPU and plenty of memory and storage capacity. However, it's practically the same as the Samsung R580 noteb...
The Dell XPS 17 (1710X) is a desktop replacement notebook that's primed for use as a gaming laptop, a media centre or a mobile workstation -- the best part is it costs well under $2000! It's a versatile Dell notebook with a 17.3in touchscreen and a h...
Toshiba's Satellite C650/01E (PSC12A-01E00T) notebook is targeted at people who are on a budget. It has a far from spectacular configuration, but it's actually a very nice laptop with all the essentials you need to run office applications, rip CDs, g...
With plenty of style, a thin frame and a built-in DVD burner, the 14in ASUS PL80J is a good purchase for anyone who wants a notebook that's easy to carry but doesn't sacrifice features. Add good battery life and performance into the mix and you've go...
It's a little hard to believe a notebook as well-featured as the Medion Akoya P6624 (MD98390) can be purchased for $899. It has excellent graphics performance for an inexpensive notebook and there's no doubt that it's one of the cheapest gaming noteb...
Since Lenovo bought IBM's PC and notebook business, not much of the ThinkPad's iconic design has changed, and this is a good thing. The Lenovo ThinkPad T510 notebook has the same business-like look, the same sturdy build quality, and most of the feat...
The HP ProBook 6550b is a 2.6kg, 15.6in notebook designed for business users who want something solidly built and fully featured. It has everything from a built-in DVD burner to a FireWire port, and you even get a 56Kbps modem and a serial port, whic...
Samsung's Q330-JS03AU is an attractive, sub-2kg 13.3in laptop that's slim, well-featured and competitively priced. It's the perfect size for users who want a notebook that's easy to carry around but has a roomy design. The configuration of the notebo...
MSI's FX600 is a stylish, well built and comfortable 15.6in laptop that's suitable for work and play. It's available exclusively from Officeworks and is designed to offer a mixture of good graphics performance and long battery life through the use of...
If you absolutely must own a decent tablet PC, then you should consider Fujitsu's LifeBook TH700. It's a notebook with a tablet-convertible 12.1in screen that uses Wacom dual digitiser technology so that you can interact with it either by using your ...
The Medion Akoya E7214 (MD98410) is a 17in notebook with a decent configuration that can tackle office and school tasks with ease. It's based on an Intel Core i3 CPU and it's a large notebook, so it's not really something you could easily carry to an...
Sony's latest VAIO netbook is the VPCW21BAGZ; it's a competent 10in netbook with a slightly faster CPU and a higher screen resolution than most of its competitors. It also features a limited edition Billabong design that helps it stand out from the c...
The iPad is about to get some company.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 2 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 3 Parrot Mambo Drone review
- 4 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 5 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Razer's revamped Blade Pro laptop marries a GeForce GTX 1080 with 4K G-Sync
- Tobii's new eye tracker adds head tracking with an emphasis on PC games
- Apple to announce new Macs at a special event October 27
- HP Omen 17 review: Great gaming performance at a great price
- Acer's swanky Swift 7 launches as the thinnest laptop ever
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- TV buying guide: What to look for when buying a TV in 2016
- Best iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus plans: Optus vs Telstra vs Vodafone vs Virgin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCWeb Analytics AnalystNSW
- FTWeb Business AnalystQLD
- CCProject Change ManagerNSW
- FTFrontend DeveloperNSW
- CCDigital Project ManagerNSW
- FTIT Systems ManagerNSW
- FTApplication Support EngineerNSW
- CCApplication Senior Project ManagerACT
- CCBPM ConsultantNSW
- TPSenior Full Stack .NET Developer - AngularJSNSW
- CCNetApp ConsultantWA
- FTSenior .Net Software EngineerVIC
- TPBusiness Systems AnalystQLD
- FTMobile DeveloperNSW
- FTWebSphere MQ Application SupportQLD
- CCCX Performance & Insights AnalystNSW
- FTTest LeadQLD
- CCImplementation ManagerVIC
- CCSiebel DeveloperACT
- CCProject Reporting Officer - Tabelau exp - 6 mth contract - Nth SydneyNSW
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- FTDevOps EngineerVIC
- CCSenior Technical Specialist - UNIX/LinuxVIC
- TPBusiness Analyst/Data Analytics ConsultantVIC