MSI's FX600 is a stylish, well built and comfortable 15.6in laptop that's suitable for work and play. It's available exclusively from Officeworks and is designed to offer a mixture of good graphics performance and long battery life through the use of...
If you absolutely must own a decent tablet PC, then you should consider Fujitsu's LifeBook TH700. It's a notebook with a tablet-convertible 12.1in screen that uses Wacom dual digitiser technology so that you can interact with it either by using your ...
The Medion Akoya E7214 (MD98410) is a 17in notebook with a decent configuration that can tackle office and school tasks with ease. It's based on an Intel Core i3 CPU and it's a large notebook, so it's not really something you could easily carry to an...
Sony's latest VAIO netbook is the VPCW21BAGZ; it's a competent 10in netbook with a slightly faster CPU and a higher screen resolution than most of its competitors. It also features a limited edition Billabong design that helps it stand out from the c...
The iPad is about to get some company.
Last time we reviewed an Acer Aspire Timeline laptop -- the 14in 4810T, which we tested in mid-2009 -- we were impressed. This time we've got our hands on the new Acer Aspire TimelineX 5820TG, which is a notebook equipped with a 15.6in screen. We thi...
Acer's Aspire 5741-434G50Mn is a 15.6in, Intel Core i5-based notebook that's inexpensive yet stylish, well-featured and suitable for any task except serious gaming. It feels reasonably well constructed and at 2.6kg, it's not overly heavy. It makes fo...
The Origin EON15 is a high-end, 15.6in notebook aimed squarely at the hardcore gaming fraternity. It can be viewed as a portable sibling to the Origin EON18, with many of the same configuration options.
Dell's Studio 17 1749 is a 3.5kg, 17in laptop with a Core i5-based CPU and plenty of built-in features. It's a laptop that's designed for users who want an affordable desktop replacement, media centre or gaming PC. There are some things about it that...
The Dell Inspiron M501R is a 15.6in AMD Phenom II quad-core laptop that's suitable as an everyday work machine, or even as a budget gaming rig. It has loads of CPU power, an above-average amount of RAM and a reasonably fast graphics card. The design ...
Just as the iPod and iPhone did before it Apple's iPad is creating a whole new market in accessories, from cases to keyboards and stands.
HP's EliteBook 2540p is a small, strong and well-featured 12in business notebook that will run pretty much any office application you throw at it. It has a fast yet power-efficient Core i7 CPU under the hood, as well as plenty of RAM and disk space. ...
The Sony VAIO F Series notebook is pitched at designers, artists, photographers and video editors who want a stylish notebook that has lots of speed and plenty of built-in features. You get a big, Full HD screen, a Core i7 CPU, 8GB of RAM, lots of ha...
The Samsung N220 is a 10.1in netbook with built in 3G mobile broadband access; it's the successor to the Samsung NC10. Sold directly through Optus and bundled with a wireless broadband connection, the N220 is well built, offering a comfortable keyboa...
MSI's X-Slim X350 is an ultralight 13in laptop with smooth curves, clean lines and plenty of flair. Its chrome trim and glossy finish will turn heads if you're using it out and about, and, especially in sunshine, the edges of the chassis and touchpad...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Huawei female watch review: Bringing out your inner fashionista
- 4 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 5 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Early Android app support rolls out to two more Chromebooks
- Microsoft's pricey Surface Book is getting stomped by the ancient Surface Pro 3
- Alienware's tiny Alpha gaming PC gets bigger muscles... in the US
- Why Apple's new MacBook Pro needs more than just one USB-C port
- Asus ROG teases a massive gaming notebook that outperforms Titan X
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- FTFull stack (back end focus) Java Developer | Defence | NV1ACT
- FTProject CoordinatorQLD
- CCTechnical Architect - CloudNSW
- FTSOE Desktop Engineer - must have SCCM 2012NSW
- CCIT Security ArchitectVIC
- CCSenior Automation Engineer / TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (Office Automation/PC LAN) 160802/ITA/991Asia
- FTProject Coordinator- NSW Government - reform BackgroundNSW
- FTSystems Administrator, Linux, Networking, AWSNSW
- CCNetwork ArchitectNSW
- FTJava DeveloperVIC
- FTEmbedded Software EngineerWA
- FTIT Helpdesk (Microsoft)NSW
- FTService Desk ManagerNSW
- CCTest ManagerNSW
- CCServiceNow Technical LeadNSW
- FTSQL DATA AnalyticsNSW
- CCSenior Business Process AnalystNSW
- CCLead Business AnalystNSW
- CCChange CoordinatorNSW
- CCService Design AnalystNSW
- CCAgile Performance Tester- Bamboo, Jenkins, Confluence, JiraNSW
- CCEnvironment Support AnalystQLD
- CCData Analyst / Data ModelerNSW