Alienware's M11x is a laptop worth considering if you're after something small that packs a decent punch in the graphics department. It's an 11in, 2kg gaming notebook with plenty of RAM and hard drive space, and it has two graphics cards -- one for w...
Dell's Inspiron 15R N5010 is a 15in notebook with an appealing design and a well rounded configuration. This Dell notebook weighs 2.6kg and is aimed at users who want something that can be comfortably used on their lap, as well as act as a replacemen...
Fujitsu's LifeBook E780 is a 15.6in widescreen laptop with a boxy design and a tacky, two-tone colour scheme. Don't let its look deceive you though as it's actually a powerful notebook that's well built and has plenty of features. It's aimed at profe...
The hype surrounding Steve Jobs' 'magical' iPad has led to a flurry of competing products. Some, like HP's webOS tablet and Dell's Streak, are yet to be released, while others, like Handii's Go10 tablet PC, are available now. The Handii Go10 tablet i...
The Sony VAIO E-Series VPC-EB16FG is a 15.5in notebook designed for everyday use. The term 'stylish' is an understatement when it comes to describing this laptop: our review unit came with a bright, eye-catching aqua lid. With a Full HD (1920x1080), ...
The ASUS G73Jh is a high-performance notebook aimed primarily at hardcore gamers. Unlike most desktop replacement models, this gaming laptop is capable of competing with high-end PCs; not just in size, but also functionality.
The Lenovo ThinkPad X200 Tablet (7449-4MM) is a strongly built, 12.1in tablet-convertible notebook with a lot of highlights: long battery life, integrated 3G connectivity, and a great keyboard to name a few. You can use the X200 Tablet as a regular n...
HP's ProBook 6540b (WH431PA) is a business notebook through and through. It provides an adequate amount of speed, it's comfortable to work on, and it even ships with easy-to-use management features so that data can be encrypted and certain features c...
It's been almost 12 months since Apple updated its premium MacBook Pro range. There have been no changes to the design of the 15in MacBook Pro -- it's what under the hood that's special. Apple's latest MacBook range boasts Intel's new Core i5 and Cor...
The Samsung N150 is a 10in netbook with a thin profile and it weighs only 1.25kg. It runs Windows 7 Starter and is perfect for Web browsing, word processing and even for watching standard definition videos. However, it’s a netbook that also provides ...
Medion continues its push to supply well-configured yet inexpensive notebooks to mainstream users. Its latest, the Medion Akoya MD98330, is a 15.6in laptop with an Intel Core i3-M330 CPU, 4GB of DDR3 SDRAM and a 500GG hard drive. It has plenty of spe...
The Lenovo IdeaPad S10-3t is the second netbook with a multitouch touchscreen to come to market (the first being the ASUS Eee PC T91MT) and it won’t be the last. But while a netbook is great for simple tasks such as browsing the Web, writing document...
The Fujitsu LifeBook LH700 is a 2.4kg, 14in notebook that's aimed at young people, students in particular. Fujitsu may not be the first brand that pops into a student's mind when it comes to getting a value for money laptop, and the LH700’s $1349 pri...
Panasonic's LUMIX DMC-TZ8 is one of the most versatile compact digital cameras on the market: it has a 25mm wide angle lens with a 12x zoom, a 12.1-megapixel sensor and manual exposure controls. It also packs optical image stabilisation, comprehensiv...
Toshiba's Qosmio notebooks have gone through many design phases in their short history.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- ASUS launches world’s first liquid-cooled gaming laptop
- Apple might show off iPhone 5se and iPad Air 3 at March 15 event
- Monster gaming laptop from CybertronPC packs latest desktop hardware
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
- Chromebooks are siphoning market share from Windows PCs
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- FTWeb Programmer/ DeveloperVIC
- CCSystem AdminVIC
- FTLinux AdministratorVIC
- FTUX Front-End DeveloperWA
- CCWeb DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Linux Sys AdminNSW
- CCBusiness Objects DeveloperNSW
- FTManual Software TesterNSW
- CCJira Administrator - Western SydneyNSW
- PTService Desk OperatorSA
- CCITIL Release Manager - CBD SYDNEYNSW
- CCTest AnalystACT
- CCProject Manager- Wealth and AdviceNSW
- CCProgram Master SchedulerNSW
- CCUX DesignerNSW
- FTInfrastructure Project Manager - NV1 clearance mandatoryNSW
- FTSenior Mobile Developer - IOSNSW
- FTJunior Developer | C#, MVC & SQL | Class FinanceNSW
- CCEXCEL Guru / Data AdministratorNSW
- CCPython Web Developer - DevOPS EnvironmentVIC
- CCHybris Developer - Global ConsultancyNSW
- FTTechnical WriterNSW
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior Performance Test AnalystNSW