The MSI Wind U160DX is slightly different in design compared to past Wind netbooks that we've reviewed, but it still retains the fast performance that MSI is well known for. While it's only a simple netbook with a standard configuration, it achieved ...
Notebooks - Reviews
MSI's GE620 is a 15.6in, 2.6kg, 2nd Generation Intel Core i7-based laptop that's designed to tickle the fancy of gamers and any users who want a powerful-desktop replacement notebook. It boasts a quad-core CPU (with Hyper-Threading, so it can process...
The Gateway EC39C is a thin and light ultraportable notebook with an Intel Core i5 CPU and a solid-state drive (SSD) within its chassis. And it's a pretty thin chassis, too. It's only 16mm at its thickest point and only around 30mm with the lid close...
The Dell Vostro 3550 is a 15.6in business notebook with a swag of great features. The standout of these features is Intel's 2nd Generation Core i7 CPU, which gives the Vostro 3550 plenty of speed and, in conjunction with a 9-cell battery, a very long...
Intel's 2nd Generation Core (Sandy Bridge) CPU has found its way into MSI's latest CR640 notebook, giving it excellent speed and good battery life. The CR640 is a 15.6in notebook that costs under $1000 and it sports a nice design as well as a decent ...
HP bills the Pavilion G62-454TU 15.6in laptop as an inexpensive home entertainment machine, but it's more than that: it's a very good all-round, entry-level laptop that can be used for a little bit of everything except gaming. At only $549 from retai...
The Samsung NF210-A01AU is a 10.1in netbook that possesses a unique style and a very long battery life. It's perfect for anyone who wants to type documents or watch videos for hours on end while travelling. Even though it's a small, 1.37kg netbook, i...
The 11.6in Acer Aspire TimelineX 1830T is an ultraportable laptop that's only a tiny bit bigger than a netbook but has more CPU power and memory under the hood. It's useful for people who want a thin, light and small notebook for the road, but it's n...
The new Core i7 Apple Macbook Pro is a very strong performer for productivity and general-purpose computing tasks, but it's no surprise that you can buy a cheaper Windows-based notebook that's more powerful.
When your eyes catch sight of Sony's latest desktop replacement-style Sony VAIO CB Series laptops, you'll probably go blind. The CB Series is the most colourful we've seen to date and it stands out like no-one's business. And we're not talking dull c...
Business users with an eye for style and a need for speed will love the Sony VAIO SB Series (VPCSB16FG). It's a 13.3in notebook that runs Intel's 2nd Generation Core i5 CPU (otherwise known as Sandy Bridge), so you know it's very fast, and it also ha...
One of the first notebooks to pass through our Test Centre using Intel's 2nd Generation Core i5 CPU is Dell's Latitude E5520. It will be available to Australian buyers from the middle of March and businesses looking for fast notebooks to deploy to th...
The Dell XPS 15 (L501x) is a notebook that competes with the Apple Macbook Pro. It has a 15.6in, Full HD (1080p) screen, an Intel Core i7 processor, a fast 640GB hard drive and all the trimmings. It's not as attractive or as well-built as an Apple la...
Acer's Aspire 5742G is a 15.6in laptop that's big, but not all that heavy. It weighs only 2.4kg and it actually feels light when you hold it in your hands. It's a well-balanced notebook with a nice design, it performed well in our tests, and it has g...
One thing is certain when reviewing a Sony VAIO laptop: lots of people will come up to us and tell us how nice it looks. And we're not going to argue. The Sony VAIO YB Series (VPCYB16KG) ultraportable laptop (or sub-notebook) sure does look good with...
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Lexar® Portable SSD
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Google Daydream VR headset
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Huawei Mate 9
Acer Swift 7
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Surface Pro 4
HP Pavilion x360 13”
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Everything we think we know about Samsung’s Galaxy Tab S3
- Lenovo's ThinkPad P71 will work with HTC, Oculus VR headsets
- Lenovo's Yoga A12 Android 2-in-1 has futuristic touch panel keyboard
- In PC comeback, ARM will battle Intel in Chromebooks and Windows 10
- Dell: Mainstream laptops with wireless charging are still years away
PCW Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- Horizon Zero Dawn review
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Japan's pop culture, anime-friendly, J-Pop shrine, Kanda Myojin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- TPDigital Strategist - Newcastle BasedNSW
- TPTechnical Business Analyst - DigitalQLD
- CCService Desk Analyst - TelcoTAS
- TPBI Commercial AnalystVIC
- FTFinancial ERP Customer SME / Solution Consultant / System AccountantNSW
- CCService ManagerACT
- TPIT Project Officer - TMRQLD
- CCUser Experience Designer - Part time - Short contractACT
- CCProject Manager - Adelaide basedNSW
- TPScrum MasterVIC
- CCWPF .NET EngineerNSW
- CCSalesforce - Functional Analyst (BA)NSW
- CCDesktop Engineer l WollongongNSW
- CCTest AnalystWA
- CCSenior Technical Consultant - MicrosoftACT
- FTDigital Strategist - Global Consulting FirmACT
- FT.Net DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net Developer - Internet of ThingsNSW
- FTLead PMONSW
- FTTechnical Consultant - SQL Server programming skillsACT
- FTDatabase Modelling SpecialistACT
- CCTest Automation EngineerVIC
- FTData AnalystQLD
- FTOracle Forms PL/SQL Analyst ProgrammerQLD
- FTData Conversion LeadNSW