The thin and light 13.3in Toshiba Portege R700 (PT311A-00J00Q) adds something that was missing from previous Portege notebooks that business users will appreciate: fast performance. Even though it weighs 1.45kg and its base is only around 19mm thick,...
The Acer Aspire One Happy is an interesting 10in netbook: it runs the Android operating system in addition to Windows 7 Starter in a dual-boot configuration. It's a brightly coloured netbook (we reviewed the unmanly Lavender Purple version) and also ...
Apple's previous MacBook Air, an ultraportable laptop designed primarily for travelling, was widely criticised for its high price and lack of features. Apple has responded with an upgraded version of the MacBook Air; like most Apple products, it once...
Dell's Vostro V130 business laptop offers a lot more bang for your buck than its predecessor, the Vostro V13, when it comes to performance and it now also includes a handy digital video output. It's well worth a look if you want an ultraportable lapt...
The Acer TravelMate TimelineX 8572G is a 15.6in notebook designed to appease business users. It's based on an Intel Core i7-620M dual-core CPU, so you know it's fast, and it has a reasonably light weight and slim profile compared to other notebooks i...
The aqua colour of the Sony VAIO E Series (VPCEB36FG) may not be appealing to many people, but don't fret: it's also available in white, red, black and green. It's a 15.5in notebook that has many things going for it; it feels very well built, it has ...
The ASUS G51J 3D gaming notebook bears an illuminated ASUS Republic of Gamers badge on its lid, so you know from the outset that it's not designed for pedestrian computing activities. It's one of the few gaming notebooks currently on the market that ...
The Fujitsu LifeBook SH530 is a flashy looking notebook that's perfect for users who want to stand out from the crowd. It's a 13.3in laptop that weighs a shade over 2kg and it ships with plenty of features around its edges and lots of grunt under its...
The ASUS K52Jr (K52JR-SX070V) is a solid 15.6in notebook with an entry-level Intel Core i3 CPU, a discrete graphics card and a large hard drive. It makes for a decent desktop replacement-style computer for office and media tasks, and it's also a reas...
With a small, 13in frame, a DVD burner tucked in its side and a powerful Intel Core i5-430M CPU under the hood, the Toshiba Satellite Pro U500 (PSU9NA-00600N) has all the hallmarks of a potentially great business notebook. However, it's let down a re...
The Acer Aspire 8943G (ZYA) is a ridiculously big notebook that you'll either love or hate for its outlandishness. It has a massive 18.4in Full HD screen and plenty of horsepower under the hood. It's designed to be a comprehensive desktop replacement...
The Samsung R590-JS02AU looks good, feels sturdy and performs well. It's a 15.6in desktop replacement-style notebook with a fast Intel Core i5 CPU and plenty of memory and storage capacity. However, it's practically the same as the Samsung R580 noteb...
The Dell XPS 17 (1710X) is a desktop replacement notebook that's primed for use as a gaming laptop, a media centre or a mobile workstation -- the best part is it costs well under $2000! It's a versatile Dell notebook with a 17.3in touchscreen and a h...
Toshiba's Satellite C650/01E (PSC12A-01E00T) notebook is targeted at people who are on a budget. It has a far from spectacular configuration, but it's actually a very nice laptop with all the essentials you need to run office applications, rip CDs, g...
With plenty of style, a thin frame and a built-in DVD burner, the 14in ASUS PL80J is a good purchase for anyone who wants a notebook that's easy to carry but doesn't sacrifice features. Add good battery life and performance into the mix and you've go...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 3 Tech21 Evo Xplorer iPhone case review
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Hands-on with Asus ROG G752 and GeForce GTX 1070 (or holy crap this thing is fast!)
- Surface Pro 3's massive battery drain is a software problem, Microsoft says
- Early Android app support rolls out to two more Chromebooks
- Microsoft's pricey Surface Book is getting stomped by the ancient Surface Pro 3
- Alienware's tiny Alpha gaming PC gets bigger muscles... in the US
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCEnterprise Architect ? Big Data AnalyticsNSW
- FTProject ManagerNSW
- CCFinance Analyst (Junior)VIC
- CCContract Junior Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160902/JP/709Asia
- CCDesktop Support AnalystSA
- FTSenior Front End Developer (UX/UI)SA
- CCSenior Business Analyst/Designer, Funds ManagementNSW
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net DeveloperNSW
- FTProject Administrator (Agile)WA
- CCChange Communications ManagerNSW
- CCMS Access DeveloperNSW
- CCService Desk Consultant_Level 1ACT
- CCICT Contracts ManagerSA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JBoss/J2EE/SQL) 160830/AP/193Asia
- FTBusiness Intelligence Team LeadVIC
- CCSr Project Manager - BASELINEACT
- CCSolutions Architect - Office 365/Sharepoint/Project OnlineQLD
- CCManager Architecture Practice Lead (Infrastructure Architect)NSW
- FTBusiness Development ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Project Manager - TelecommunicationVIC
- CCSharepoint ArchitectACT
- CCNetwork Implementation EngineerNSW
- CCInfrastructure Project Manager (12-month renewable contract)Asia
- CCWebmaster content managementACT