You don't need the most expensive laptop available to get in a solid day's work. We evaluate four Windows laptops that cost about $US600 or less.
At just 10.3mm thick, the Spectre is thinner than Apple’s MacBook. And, while the MacBook is about 200g lighter, HP hasn’t compromised on processor power by including Core i5 and Core i7 CPU options.
Desktop monitors are undergoing a renaissance.
The E45W features a fully reversible touchscreen display and plenty of horsepower for everyday tasks at a bargain price.
Huawei’s challenge to Microsoft, Samsung and Apple in the premium tablet market, the MateBook, is an impressive little unit at first glance but will it be able to take on the established players and gain market share?
A new 6th-gen CPU, a new NVMe SSD, and USB-C make the refreshed XPS 13 more than a minor upgrade.
Dell's new XPS 15 Touch laptop is lightweight and powerful, with one of the best touch screen displays around. In fact, our reviewer declared it the finest Windows laptop he's ever used.
The newest version of Acer’s Aspire R13, a convertible laptop that can be used as a tablet, is a sleek looking thing. A versatile unit with ample power to perform most everyday tasks with ease. It’s an interesting prospect for someone looking for a 2...
Take the ultrabook concept, refine it as much as humanly possible and the end result will be Dell’s XPS 13. This notebook tells the story of the people who worked on its development; a story about ambition, devout work and perfectionism.
The Surface Book is Microsoft’s first notebook and already it is challenging what a notebook is, how it should work and what it should do. Some of these changes are welcomed. Others leave you wondering what Microsoft could have achieved had it perfe...
The Surface looks little like a notebook. It doesn’t sell with a keyboard and trackpad. What you get is a slate with a kickstand and the digital equivalent of a pen. This hardly sounds like a device that could replace a computer, but it unequivocally...
Midrange Chromebooks have never been so good. Here's a long-term, real-world comparison of this season's standouts: the Dell Chromebook 13 and the Toshiba Chromebook 2.
HP has used its "Envy" line across a variety of devices to denote a luxury design and feeling. This seems to be a predominant model amongst laptop makers of late. The idea is that consumers will pay a little more for a laptop that not only performs ...
MSI's GS70 is an interesting gaming machine, with a very slight nod towards portability thanks to its thin profile, at least as far as gaming laptops are concerned. There's plenty of grunt under the multicoloured Steel Series keyboard, although that...
In the notebook space, you definitely get what you pay for, and in the lower price scales, the performance and build compromises you put up with can vary quite a lot. It's in this space that Acer pitches the Aspire E5 range. Acer sells the Aspire E5 ...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Acer's new Predator gaming systems are powerful beasts that will also run your VR headset
- Apple updates MacBook with new processors, adds Rose Gold
- Hands on with NexDock, the laptop that isn't
- The Surface Pro 4 Type Cover gets fancy with premium Signature Edition
- Nvidia's Pascal GPU tech specs revealed: Full CUDA count, clock speeds, and more
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- FTSoftware Design Engineer (Embedded Software)SA
- FTAzure ArchitectQLD
- CCProcurement Contract SpecialistQLD
- CCSr. Project Manager - Six SigmaVIC
- CCMarketing Communications Specialist - Global IT CompanyNSW
- FTJunior Inside Sales Rep | National systems integrator & MSP | $60-70K+NSW
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCTechnical WriterACT
- CCContract Programmer (Crystal Report/HTML/SQL) 160428/P/244Asia
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- FTSecurity Accreditation - IT Security AnalystACT
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCContract Systems Analyst (C++/JAVA/SQL) 160505/SA/971Asia
- CCBusiness Analyst - master data managementACT
- CCSnr Technical System Engineer(IBM DB2/WebSphere)160419/STSE/vmtAsia
- FTAGILE Training Manager/CoachNSW
- FTService Coordinator/Scheduler | IT Managed Service ProviderVIC
- FTSystem EngineerACT
- FTGraduate IT Administration SupportVIC
- FTTechnical/Team Lead - .NetNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (JAVA/Windows Programming) 160428/AP/143Asia
- CCSenior Analyst, Applications - GDWVIC
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- CCApplication Solution ArchitectNSW